The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Umm Owen isn't Australian lol
But Viduka gives any australian looking to support an epl team a reason to support newcastle - like me, I didn't know anything about newcastle until viduka transferred there.

So I'm just saying that it was a good week for aussies abroad, as a win for newcastle means that they'll be in a god position when he returns.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
always.dreaming said:
like me, I didn't know anything about newcastle until viduka transferred there.
So basically, you don't really follow the beautiful game.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
aplus said:
So basically, you don't really follow the beautiful game.
I only got foxsports a couple of years ago :( Prior to that all I had was the world game (which doesn't have a licence to review/screen ANY epl games), the net (which doesn't host full match replays) and youtube (which is highly censored, epl vids are taken down within hours of being posted).

I watched most champions league games regardless of who was playing, but newcastle don't/havn't played european football so i never really got to have a look at them before I got foxsports =P

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
Grella signs four-year contract with Blackburn Rovers

The Sydney Morning Herald said:
Socceroos midfielder Vince Grella has signed a four-year deal with Blackburn Rovers after completing his transfer move from Torino.

The 29-year-old will join fellow Australian international Brett Emerton at Ewood Park in the English Premier League after Rovers reportedly agreed to a STG4 million transfer.

After a decade in the Italian Serie A, Grella could make his Premier League debut as early as this weekend against Lucas Neill's West Ham.

Grella began his European career with Empoli in the Serie A in 1998 before moving to Parma in 2004, where he was joined by fellow Socceroo Mark Bresciano, and then to Torino in 2007.
He should fit in quite nicely in the EPL =]

Looks like Ince has given up interest in Brescinano which is a bit of a shame, latest reports suggest that he is destined for Rangers...

Aplus

HSC
N/A
always.dreaming said:
I only got foxsports a couple of years ago :( Prior to that all I had was the world game (which doesn't have a licence to review/screen ANY epl games), the net (which doesn't host full match replays) and youtube (which is highly censored, epl vids are taken down within hours of being posted).
SBS use to have some EPL rights a while back.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Groucho Marxist said:
liverpool didnt look too crash hot.. pretty shaky. boro didn't deserve that.. was very cruel.
who gives a shit?

chelsea, the favourites, were a free kick away from a draw in a game where they were outplayed for the majority.

Charizard

HSC
always.dreaming said:
Grella signs four-year contract with Blackburn Rovers

He should fit in quite nicely in the EPL =]
Are you sure?

EPL is pretty fast paced, completely different to Serie A.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Charizard said:
Are you sure?

EPL is pretty fast paced, completely different to Serie A.
It's much easier for a player in Grella's position to adapt to the English league. EPL have players coming in from all over the world, so why won't he be good enough for the team?

I think it's a good move. Torino is pretty weak. They were close to getting relegated last season and I think they'll have that trouble again this upcoming season too.

HSC
u-borat said:
who gives a shit?

chelsea, the favourites, were a free kick away from a draw in a game where they were outplayed for the majority.
to be fair, that is a typically chelsea thing to do away from home. we saw it a number of seasons ago under mourinho in which they tried to score early and played out 1-0 wins. i doubt they were ever concerned in winning 3 or 4-nil away from home.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMF^^ said:
It's much easier for a player in Grella's position to adapt to the English league. EPL have players coming in from all over the world, so why won't he be good enough for the team?

I think it's a good move. Torino is pretty weak. They were close to getting relegated last season and I think they'll have that trouble again this upcoming season too.
Hopefully they will get relegated. Then we can sign Rosina.

How are you doing LMF? Are you and Bazookajoe the only 2 regular posters left of the old bunch?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Hopefully they will get relegated. Then we can sign Rosina.

How are you doing LMF? Are you and Bazookajoe the only 2 regular posters left of the old bunch?
I think I'm the only one left. Although I can't say I post here as often as before though.

Hard to see Blackburn getting relegated, but anything can happen I guess. They didn't really deserve to lose 4-1 last night, but that's the nature of this business.

We got til Sep 1 to get Berbatov, I hope we get the deal done. I fucking hope we get the deal done.

kuytbird

HSC
i hope you dont :p
hope grella does well, hes worked hard to get where he is.
Hopeing the Bresch gets over as well, hes a good advertisement for Australian football.

Champo draw was interesting, Lpool unfortunately got a tough group, but they all are really.
hoping for an upset from the cypriots :)
Group F is an interesting one, hope it goes to the wire.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
kuytbird said:
Champo draw was interesting, Lpool unfortunately got a tough group, but they all are really.
hoping for an upset from the cypriots :)
Group F is an interesting one, hope it goes to the wire.
Barcelona has it the easiest. And Chelsea has another easy group too. Then I think we have the third easiest group, but we shouldn't take anything for granted.

Love Liverpool's group. :cool:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Strange tactics by Benitez... Toress injured, then takes off Kuyt and Keane...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Italy's top 4 all drew in the opening day of the Serie A season, while Barca's form of last season has carried over into the new one.

Real Madrid, the joke of the summer also lost. This Robinho saga is just too damn funny to me. They're suffering the consequences of their failure to capture Ronaldo. I'd say stuff them, they deserve it.

samwell

HSC
Chelsea forever we got Scolari. BTW Man utd lost and Scholes(the only man u player i respected) scored a foolish hand of God. How stupid was that haha only Messi and Maradona can do it lol

samwell

HSC
Who thinks Mourinho has a chance of winning the Champs league. Used to like his management of Chelsea but hated his gutts and boastful character. Irregardless he was a gunn manager but not wishin him well in champs league. Maybe another English dominated champs league but also Real Madrid and Barca may come back.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Robinho to Manchester City for 32.4 million quid:rofl:
Berbatov to Man Utd for around 30 million quid

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Nasonex said:
Robinho to Manchester City for 32.4 million quid:rofl:
Hahaha that's gotta be the funniest transfer of the summer. Kenyon must be spewing right now, and he fucking deserves it.

Robinho is a cry baby too, I bet he'll be whingeing about a move by the end of the season.

Meanwhile, Berbatov will score a hat-trick at Anfield on his debut. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)