The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Arsenal doesn't know how to put the ball in the net, LMAO@Fabregas.

We lost in Copenhagen, witout a number of high profile first team players. And the pitch was piss poor, but still, we should've at least got a point. Oh well, looks like we can't do Celtic any favours in Glasgow now. Only a win will guarantee top spot which will be important.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Some real shocking misses for Arsenal...Fabregas' effort was bad, but Rosicky's was probly even worse!

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
yeah o wells, 2 more weeks till the champions league continues :(, nothing to fill up my (early) mornings now :(

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
another fantastic performance by man utd, 3-0 over portsmouth..in that first 35 mins we couldve had at least 5 or 6 had we taken our chances..i mean when neville has 3 chances to score and rio has 2, u kno ur struggling. Ronaldo was incredible, rooney was on fire and getting back to his best, and scholesy, it still amazes me the range and accuracy of his passing ability. cronaldo, has really shone this season, he will be the best player in the world within 3 years mark my words, he is nearly there, just lacking a few things in his game, maturity and timing (when he should release the ball), and crossing. apart from that he is toe to toe with ronaldhino.

matty fwd

HSC
West Ham 1 - Arsenal 0

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles..pretty Bubbles In The Air!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
What a weekend, both Arsenal and Chelsea lost today, and we're clear at the top.

Notable big name scalps like Lyon and Milan also lost, and Bayern failed to win again. Damn I'm lovin this atm.

Just one more note, Wenger is such a sore loser.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Fuck yeah! Any weekend where both Chelsea and Arsenal lose is a pretty good weekend.

I am so glad that Chelsea finally lost because I was admittedly a little bit worried by the fact that they were able to stay level with Man United despite playing nowhere near as good as us.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
come on you spurs, come on you spurs :D:D:D

Fucking awesome, 16 years of bitterness fucked off after 90 minutes!!!

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
best weekend for while, both the gunners and chelski lose..fantastic..now we have a bit of a gap meaning we can lose or draw a game or 2. This is real good, we are coming up to the point of the season were man utd struggle, the xmas period,and we are beating the weaker teams which we usually struggle with. even if we lose to chelsea and arsenal again, as long as we beat all the "weaker" teams we may just be at the top, i aint sayin it will happen, i have the feelin chelski will do it again, but i do have some hope.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I predict a lil blip by Chelsea this month. Terry will now be suspended, and Mourinho doesn't know how to manipulate his tactics properly in games, as I thought it was a bit strange to take off Makalele this morning, and Wright-Phillips instead of Joe Cole...? Very strange.

That game mind you, was the best game of the season. Lennon and Dawson were both outstandin for Spurs. So Chelsea will make a 20mil + Wright-Phillips offer for Lennon eh...? Well I hope it doesn't happen, cause I don't want to see another promising young player's career get ruined by being benched every week.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea i have that feelin bout chelsea to, they will hopefully struggle this month, what with games against arsenal and united coming up..and i thought it was very odd that he brought on bouhlarouz and replaced him like 10mins later! he is goin crazy, granted they were losing.

hachoo

HSC
LMF^^ said:
What a weekend, both Arsenal and Chelsea lost today, and we're clear at the top.

Notable big name scalps like Lyon and Milan also lost, and Bayern failed to win again. Damn I'm lovin this atm.

Just one more note, Wenger is such a sore loser.
Looking at the highlights, seems Arsenal are sore losers. Losing to a team that lost 9 on the trot isn't very good, and with a team that the Gunners have this year, this is very disappointing. Was an excellent goal setup up by Etherington, and West Ham deserve a bit of luck after what has happened to them this year.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Manchester United were knocked out of the Carling Cup by bottom of the Championship side Southend last night in a 1-0 defeat. :(

I understand that we are obviously aiming for bigger and better trophies this season...but we put up a pretty poor defence of our title, especially considering that it was hardly a second string side with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney, Smith, Fletcher, Heinze, Brown, etc playing.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
to be honest i think its good we get out of the league cup, less games to worry bout and we can focus on epl,fa cup and or champ league. still pretty poor the way we went bout it, but in the end can do is good.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I agree. It is definitely a positive thing that we have less games to worry about now. Sir Alex didn't seem to worried about our exit, as long as we learn from it.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bolton suck without Nolan, can't wait for him to get back from suspension.

And also, Spurs vs Chelsea was a sensational match, match of the season for me so far (the ones I've seen anyway)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well I can't say that I'm not disappointed, since we did put out a pretty strong squad. But we lost to a quality goal, and Southend deservedly won the game. Their goalkeeper was outstanding. Oh well, less games for us to worry about, it can only help us in the race for the league title.

Big game comin up for us, Blackburn away. We lost to em both home and away last season so we need to bounce back real quick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)