The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (2 Viewers)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
9 points ahead of Chelsea thanks to our win in the Manchester derby! Woot!

C'mon Arsenal tonight!! (and thats not something I say too often) :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
All United fans will be cheering on the Arse tonight, but it doesn't look good with the amount of injuries they have atm.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yes for once ill become a gunners fan, cmon u bastards do us a favour for once! but they do have many injuries, and are in terrible shape, so i do expect a chelsea victory, not to mention they are playin away. ah well 6 points is good enuff, but chelsea do have a lot of games comin up, so hopefully they drop some.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
^Chelscum...?

A very exciting match, especially towards the end. Unbelievable goal by Essien, one struck from 30 odd yards, but then went on to miss one from 1 yard. Lampard missed an open goal in the last minute of injury time too. Gee Arsenal really had me on the edge of my seat there, now I know how you Arse supporters must feel most of the times. When you have Lehmann that clown around, I guess it's understandable.

But good result for us nevertheless, drop points for Chelscum = win! :D

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Yea we have an 8 point gap, even tho they have a game in hand. ball is in their court to try and peg that back. good result for the gunners what with their injuries and all, could have done us a big favour but ill take 8 point lead over nothing.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
@ Led-Zep...you really do manage to see the negative side of everything. By holding the Chelscum to a draw the Gunners did do us a big favour!!!! You said yourself before the game that you didn't expect the Arse to get anything out of this game...so a draw is a great result for Man United.

I expect that Chelsea will go on to beat Newcastle and reduce the lead to 5 points. The title race is still far from over...but we have quite a handy lead now :D.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i dont recall saying anything negative, only if they couldve done us a big favour by beating chelsea, thats hardly negative. i said it is a good result for arsenal and we now have an 8 point gap, to which i said id take 8 points over nothing. not really negative is it? im quite happy bout this, obviously id prefer a chelsea loss which is what i meant by big favour, but this is good for us and i just hope chelsea ruin their game in hand by a loss/draw.

The only negative i have to say about anything is, durin the manchester derby, we shouldve put the game beyond doubt, rooney had a good chance, but saha had an even better one which he put over. If we do that against man city, how are we going to finish it against chelsea, thats the only negative to come out of this wknd is our failure to finish off the game, which has happend alot during the last few seasons especially against the smaller teams. Although this has been curved this season and im very pleased with that.

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
@ Led-Zep...you really do manage to see the negative side of everything. By holding the Chelscum to a draw the Gunners did do us a big favour!!!! You said yourself before the game that you didn't expect the Arse to get anything out of this game...so a draw is a great result for Man United.

I expect that Chelsea will go on to beat Newcastle and reduce the lead to 5 points. The title race is still far from over...but we have quite a handy lead now :D.
Don't write off Chelsea just yet mate.., If any team underestimates Chelsea then they are going to get something back at them.

Chelsea will never say die.

I think the reason why Chelsea is too concentrated on winning the Champions League less on the Premiership is the reason why they are 5 points behind Manchester (providing they win their next game). If Chelsea wins the Champions League this year, i don't they give a shit about winning the Premiership IMO.

I am a true Blue
The heart of West London

Cmon Chelsea!!!

HSC
Chelsea FC said:
Don't write off Chelsea just yet mate.., If any team underestimates Chelsea then they are going to get something back at them.

Chelsea will never say die.

I think the reason why Chelsea is too concentrated on winning the Champions League less on the Premiership is the reason why they are 5 points behind Manchester (providing they win their next game). If Chelsea wins the Champions League this year, i don't they give a shit about winning the Premiership IMO.

I am a true Blue
The heart of West London

Cmon Chelsea!!!
Translation: lawl my team's failing in one competition so I'll pretend not to care on account of another one.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
any chance chelsea will play lyon?

the cheap guys who train up really good.
or the team with imports. :p

hmm. lyon! :)

Man UTD GO GO GO.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
timlay said:
any chance chelsea will play lyon?

the cheap guys who train up really good.
or the team with imports. :p

hmm. lyon! :)

Man UTD GO GO GO.
Nope. Both teams finished top of their groups so they won't play each other in the round of 16.

With Chelsea, I still think their biggest current liability is Sheva. He contributes nothing, not even creating chances for other ppl and instead is a bystander for most parts of the game. He is hurting them, and we can see the great contrast after Robben came on. They look much better when reverted to the 4-3-3 formation, freeing up more space in the middle of the park for Fat Frank and Ballack to roam around, as well as having greater width and speed to their attacks. With reference to last night though, Ballack was nowhere to be seen, I didn't even know he was on the field during the second half.

If Chelsea continues to play Sheva, I can see them dropping more points in the coming games. That'll be good news for us, but we too need to start using our other players, such as Park, Fletcher, Richardson, O'Shea etc to make sure our first team don't get tired out when we gotta fight on all three fronts. I think Fletcher will get a start in the next game against West Ham, which is good, considering he is in the best United form of his career so far.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Things soon started going downhill for Pardew and West Ham after they signed a couple of Argentines...

Stubbs

HSC
AcStyle* said:
Things soon started going downhill for Pardew and West Ham after they signed a couple of Argentines...
Amen to that. :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I actually feel a bit sorry for Alan Pardew and believe that he is somewhat of a victim of his own success.

By reaching the FA Cup final against Liverpool and very nearly winning it last year...Pardew and his West Ham side far exceeded all expectations. They also finished in the top half of the league. Like many others...I looked through their side at the start of last season and thought that they would be immediately relegated back to the Championship. West Ham's form last season is clear evidence that Pardew is able to make the most of the limited resources that he has at his disposal.

Granted West Ham has been pretty poor this season...but I am sure that they are unfairly comparing him against his achievements from last season.

Yes, the signing of the Argentines appears to have been a massive failure...but I believe that the blame for their poor form should also be levelled at the West Ham players and the boardroom for failing to quickly resolve the unrest that was created as a result of the long-term takeover talks.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
welp chelski won again, 1-0 over newcastle, tho they did it tough, im not enjoying this they aint playing well and still managing wins. plus their next few games are fairly easy.

On another note who has/is playing pes 6? absolutely love the game an ever better version than 5. much more realistic.imo.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well Newcastle aren't the toughest of opponents you gotta admit, and them kunts did dominate the game, everything but create chances but then bar codes were harldy a threat except on one or two occasions. They do have to travel to Everton on the weekend, which ain't always easy, so fingers crossed for that one.

I play FM07, it's quite BS at times and that's when I get frustrated a lot. It's more usual when you don't play with the big teams and get pissy boards who don't offer you transfer money and expect you to compete for Europe.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea heard some bad things bout fm2007, best versions have to be cm2001-02, and i loved fm2006. i played the fm2007 demo, and it didnt do it for me, i dunno, couldve been just the demo, altho ill have to get it to find out, loyal to this franchise, since cm3

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Full Last 16 Champions League draw:

FC Porto v Chelsea
Celtic v AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven v Arsenal
Lille v United
Roma v Lyon
Liverpool v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Bayern Munich
Valencia v Inter Milan

...Man United have been lined up against Lille. This is certainly one of the more favourable sides to play...but given our recent form I wasn't too worried about who we were picked to play. In any case, we will have to face the top sides sooner or later if we are to make the final. Poor Liverpool have to line up against Barca. That should be an awesome match-up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)