The official I'm Procrastinating Until 1.30pm This Arvo thread (1 Viewer)

Steffan

HSC
hahahahaha!!! i agree, i even registered to this site to agree... i have gotten pretty good at the whole procrastination thing

HSC
i really need to do something today but its been over a week since my last exam and im over the whole study thing.
im just riding on luck at the moment......

kristie87

HSC
I know - once you have a week off from freaking exams you just don't wanna study anymore! I haven't had an exam since extension 1 english, except Visual Arts yesterday, but I never studied for that because I just really couldn't do it after having an entire week or so off...and now i'm feeling the same for drama - the most i've done so far is sit down last night and write a measly essay on Bush+City. I haven't even motivated myself to start anything Absurd yet...

I just can't wait till it's ALL OVER...stupid Brumby Innes...

Steffan

HSC
same, been a week since my last exam, and i really just dont give a crap any more. im just hanging out for the cocktail party tonight. the more i read about absurdism, the more absurd the nature of the hsc seems

kristie87

HSC
I reckon! I have a feeling i'm just going to go into that exam and wing it. Make up all my stupid 'experiential learning workshops',pull a few quotes outta nowhere, and basically talk about what I know and hope that suffices.

Steffan

HSC
sounds like a plan!!! im up for that too. maybe have a bit of a yarn about existentialism too

kristie87

HSC
LOL - yeah, a plan it is, indeed!

Good old existentialism. I mean, I have to say that I actually don't mind Absurd, probably because all my thinking is actually...absurd. So, Absurd is all good. Just hate Bush+City (especially Brumby Innes).

I just really hope they don't pull out a question thats like: 'Hi kids, you're a director in today's exam...Please explain how you would stage a production of your core texts relating back to conventions of Realism and the themes present in the plays' ... I HATE questions like that, I much prefer the essays that you can waffle in...but thats just me.

Good Luck, though!
GO TEAM!

Steffan

HSC
yeah, i agree, absurdism is great fun, but its still boring to write about, and if they pull out one of those questions i probably will kill someone. rampage at bos offices!!!! haha

kristie87

HSC
I think i'll join you in rampaging the BOS if they decide to chuck in one of those questions...

kristie87

HSC
I completely concur! And we'll bust out the pitchforks and the flaming torches...

Fancy putting Drama on the LAST day of exams - so stupid. Everyone else is all out there having fun, shopping, at the beach, and not to mention continually rubbing in the fact that they have FINISHED exams and it sucks to be anyone doing Drama on the last day...grrr!

Samuelm

im also doing my best to procrastinate, but ive realised i havent read the touch of silk, or caucasian chalk circle or threpenny opera... all of which are my texts, i've only read summer of the seventeenth doll and that was like 2 years ago for english, i know all the concepts so im madly looking for quotes from these text to support it... argh the hsc should die!

kristie87

HSC
Samuelm said:
im also doing my best to procrastinate, but ive realised i havent read the touch of silk, or caucasian chalk circle or threpenny opera... all of which are my texts, i've only read summer of the seventeenth doll and that was like 2 years ago for english, i know all the concepts so im madly looking for quotes from these text to support it... argh the hsc should die!
LOL - thats like me...
I haven't read any of the core texts since we started them - the most I managed was skimming through them and going 'Yeah, that'll do - know a few quotes...whatever'.

Steffan

HSC
yeah, pitch forks sound great. no one is allowed to wash for a long time, roll around in the mud, bring a few chickens and goats and wear leather waist coats. my problem has been partying when each of my friends finish, so my brain is totaly fried in the middle of the hsc. melbourne cup day, betting and red wine, last weekend, wednesday night.... etc. not such a good idea. and now im trying to study with psytrance. how ridiculous, i never listen to psytrance

kristie87

HSC
Steffan said:
yeah, pitch forks sound great. no one is allowed to wash for a long time, roll around in the mud, bring a few chickens and goats and wear leather waist coats. my problem has been partying when each of my friends finish, so my brain is totaly fried in the middle of the hsc. melbourne cup day, betting and red wine, last weekend, wednesday night.... etc. not such a good idea. and now im trying to study with psytrance. how ridiculous, i never listen to psytrance
LOL - totally! Something must be wrong with me though, i've been attempting to study to Classical Baroque, Opera, and heaven forbid...Anthony Callea continuously singing 'The Prayer'...pfft. I don't think it's helping me...i suspect it's actually distracting me further...HA! perfect!

Steffan

HSC
ouch! lol. i tryed studing to post modernism the other day, and even some musique concret. it didn't work, too many random noises. studying is the last time you want to hear a faint hum for half an hour, followed by beeps and squeaks

kristie87

HSC
Ahh, yes...the 'retarded photocopier' music! Some would say it is a blessing in disguise - but I agree with you...you don't ever want to hear a photocopier going off it's rocker while attempting to study.

Steffan

HSC
yes, i agree. and what im listening to at the moment isn't much better, i might change to some jeff buckley or some thing... ahhhhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)