The Official U2 Thread!!! (1 Viewer)

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Hey!

U2 are my favourite band, and I'm going to their gig on March 31. Anyone else going?
Discuss your favourite U2 songs!!!
In fact, discuss anything U2.

I personally love all their songs, I mean, there aren't any I object to. One of my favourites is Where The Streets Have No Name. I also love A Man and A Woman, October, Running to Stand Still, Miss Sarajevo, Stay (Faraway, So Close!)...
Meh, there are plenty.

Adam

HSC
I have a ticket to go and see them on the 1st.

I hate U2.

But the atmosphere will be worth the admission price.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Numero Uno said:
u2's best days are behind them ..
I agree with you on that. They were awesome in the 80s, the Best of CD is my favourite. Their recent material isn't that great in comparison, but there are a few songs that are worth the listen.

vizman

HSC
go u2..they were and still are awesome. i will be there in the march concert. can't wait

spiny norman

HSC
Ellie_Belly said:
the Best of CD is my favourite.
No way, Jose. War is their greatest album. I think even a U2 hater would like (or tolerate, maybe) War.

spiny norman

HSC
The tracklisting:

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. Seconds
3. New Year's Day
4. Like A Song...
5. Drowning Man
6. The Refugee
7. Two Hearts Beat As One
8. Red Light
9. Surrender
10. "40"

Pissed off and post-punk. Excellent.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
fake_mcdickpant said:
The thing about U2 is, that really, they're a terrible band.
w3rd

I fucking hate U2, I would gleefully suppourt the anihilation of Bono (that guy is such a pretentious twat)

Ellie_Belly

HSC
The only songs I know from War are New Year's Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday, which are both on the Best Of.
Both greath songs, but I like New Year's Day better. Sunday Bloody Sunday is a bit depressing

Ash88

HSC
Hey Ellie Belly, I'm a huge U2 fan as well! They've still got it! I'm going to the April 1st Sydney gig. A really gr8 place 2 chat 2 other u2 fans is at: www.atu2.com
It's a really good place 2 chat about all things U2 without getting bagged out ... like what happens on this message board. :( Check it out, there's always some funny threads ... let's just say there are major Bono fans out there!

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Ash88 said:
Hey Ellie Belly, I'm a huge U2 fan as well! They've still got it! I'm going to the April 1st Sydney gig. A really gr8 place 2 chat 2 other u2 fans is at: www.atu2.com
It's a really good place 2 chat about all things U2 without getting bagged out ... like what happens on this message board. :( Check it out, there's always some funny threads ... let's just say there are major Bono fans out there!
Thanks! :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I just found this thread :)

I have so many favourite U2 songs.
Heres some of my favs
-one, with or without you, electrical storm, desire, bad, city of blinding lights, akways, a man and a woman, in a little while, everlasting love, staring at the sun, i still havn't found what I'm looking for, I will follow, hold me thrill me kiss me, sometimes you can't make it on your own, she moves in mysterious ways, all because of you,pride, original of the species, beautiful day, elevation,
ETCCC
I could go on forever :)

I'm going to their second syd concert- April 1st :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)