The Official UEFA Champions League Thread (1 Viewer)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Barcelona. Unstoppable herp derp.

Man Utd have excessive injuries and Real look shaky if Benz isn't scoring.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
So who saw Tottenham and Inter get crushed lol?

Stankovic's goal was pure sex though.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
The world knew that Spurs had no chance. FCB to will the competition.

4 Classico's in the in the space of 18 days is far to much, It's inevitable that Madrid will get one on Barca. I will be happy with a draw at the Burnacow and a win at the Nou Camp. And hopefully FCB will also win the Copa.
David Villa should have his scoring boots on as he hasnt scored in 9 matches, I thought after the international friendlies that he found his shotting boots but obviously not. How the F*** can someone hit the wood work 13 times already. On the other hand La Pulga has 48 goals this season already, having beaten his 47 goal mark last year that he set and also beat Fat Ronaldo's record and there is still like 13 games left (providing Barca get Schalke or Utd at Wembley)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
So now I see the origin of your username. Never noticed.

4 Classicos is pure awesome though, cannot wait. I reckon Schalke actually have a good chance to go through to the final, despite Man Utd's domination at home. Hey, they ripped apart Inter at the San Siro (albeit dodgy defending)

I also think Real can solidly beat Barca. Mourinho did it with Inter and Real's defence is good this year for one, despite the last 5-0 Classico drubbing.

Whoah, imagine Real vs Schalke in final, Raul facing his old club.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I dont think Schalke have it in them to do United over 2 legs, I would fancy them in a final though. I just think Raul can do the damage against the likes of Vidic and Rio (looked good yesterday, even if he just came back from injury). Lucio left Raul wide open for his goal yesterday. I too am worried about Madrid's recent form, They havent been as sharp as they would like to be, but Mourinho knows how to turn up to these games. This is what i think will happen, he will play a side that is decent in the La Liga but knowing he cant win the league now ( there is 8 points seperating Madrid and Barca and only like 7 games to go), he will go easy and then give Pep a surprise once the CL first leg is up. If he honestly wants to win his 3rd champions league he has to get Ronaldo, Di Maria and Bezema/Higuain (if fit) or Adebaywhore to play for the team and not themselves.

At the last classico, they played far to high up the pitch which allowed Villa to play of the last man. Mourinho definitely wont be that stupid again. I reckon mourinho might even go out and try to hurt Messi and sergio Ramos would probably do that. I think the Classico's will be brilliant, and probably gives them a reason to be fired up, considering that they havent beaten barca in the last 4 encounters.

I dont want to imagine real vs Schalke but anything can happen at the CL Semi finals. Barca were robbed last year as Bojan Goal went in and it wasnt a hand ball but the year before Barca Robbed chelsea (It was Ovrebo's faullt) but Barca also had Abidal sent off.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Man Utd have been solid definitely, but not spectacular. Schalke are definitely the dark horses and it would be extremely stupid to write them off already. It takes balls to play attacking football at the San Siro plus Ragnick is a great coach compared to Magath, who did not inspire much confidence into this team until now. Vidic and Rio are definitely top notch and in form atm, but so is Raul and Farfan will be still brimming with confidence after his brace against Inter.

Mourinho I think will be looking to get one over Pep with his Real side and he can definitely do it. I'm not too concerned with the La Liga match, it's the Copa and CL matches that we'll see the real thing. Carvalho and Pepe need to step up now and Ramos needs to make sure he isn't neglecting his defensive duties as he always does. Ronaldo's more a team player lately don't worry, I think their performance is going to be up to Khedira, Xabi and Ozil. If they perform, Real have a very real chance of overcoming Barca's midfield, probably targeting Masch since Busi will probably play at CB again and they need to close down the space for Iniesta and Xavi. Leading me to the CBs, which can be exploited, using the pace of Ronaldo and Di Maria to pull out Busi and exploit Pique. Also, Marcelo needs to watch out for Dani Alves who's been in crazy form lately.

And lol at past games, herrr, it's over and done with.

Last edited:

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Javier Badgers mascherano is suspended for the match. It will be Keita in DM role with xaviesta and busquets will pair pique in CB

Fontas will probably get a call up from barca B and thiago will probably get a call up
I don't know if pedro will make it. Afelley will probably play. I reckon pep needs to play Pedro as he always pressures the ball.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Is he? Didn't check. Well Keita is easier to close down and my argument with the CBs being weak still stands true.

Fontas is OK, along with Thiago but it's up to Pep as to when he wants his subs to come on.

Afellay looked good in the last match so I think he deserves to retain his starting place even if Pep is more comfortable playing Pedro.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Keita is good box to box and he is a work horse and works hard for the team. I think they will play

Alves-busquets-pique-adriano
Keita
Xavi-iniesta
Pedro-messi-villa

And obviously Valdes as keeper

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I want to see Afellay there though.

Casillas
Ramos-Carvalho-Pepe-Marcelo
Khedira-Alonso
Ronaldo-Ozil-Di Maria
Adebayor

Jizz. Rather see Benzema though. Goal reckons 2-1 win to Barca.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I think khedira and Xabi will have to run around like headless chicken. Xabi will have no idea what's going on.

Cavalho will be greatly missed. Real needed him bad

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
One down three to go in the el classico marathon. The two players on everybody's lips scored but both of them were from the spot. The league is done and dusted anyway so that game really just acted as a preview for the excitement we have coming up over the next couple of weeks.

By the way, for the CL, Barca will walk it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)