the "omg i can't not tell people about this" thread (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
Inspired by UIC's epilator thread...
So I discovered balyage and an A-MAZING hairdresser the other day. Never getting regular streaks EVER again.
What are your best tips on products, shops, salons, sales ??

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
If you see running shoes (cross trainers, track shoes, runners in general) for $50-$100, for god's sakes DON'T BUY THEM!!!! They are such a low price for a reason...coz they are SHIT.

Seriously the general rule is that you get what you pay for (minus clothes...sometimes) and this rule applies for shoes. Sport shops put their shittest shoes on sale for a reason - they're shit and we want to get rid of them asap.

Yes I do realise how expensive sport shoes can be, but they go on your feet, and your feet do all the walking and holding your weight. So for the love of god, don't go cheap on your feet!

kaylz

HSC
FireFlower said:
Balyage sounds awesome, but does it screw up your hair like bleaching it would? I wouldn't mind changing my hair colour but I'm scared of doing anything that might wreck my hair.
Apparently it's better than regular bleach foils and stuff. And it looks far more natural. I'll only need it done every six months or so as opposed to every 2 or 3. www.lorenaseveri.com.au - i think there's some info on balyage there.

HSC
brogan77 said:
Balyage, which means to sweep in French, is a free-form painting technique that has become more popular in the last few years. Instead of weaving or slicing and enlisting the use of foils, the colorist uses a color brush or a special dispensing tool to paint the hair with a lightener or color.

This process is suitable for the creation of more scattered highlights or lowlights and to painting the outer sheath as opposed to the underside of the hair.

Some colorists use foils to highlight the hair and balyage to add a few lowlights for greater dimension.

Caps which are snuggly fitting headpieces covered with tiny holes are used mostly for adding highlights or lowlights to very short hair. The colorist places the cap (traditionally made of latex and rubber, but also available in foam and plastic) on the client's head and then, using a crochet hook, pulls hair through the tiny holes. The exposed hair is then covered with a lightener or color to produce the desired effect.

I wrote that all myself.

Yes, ladies, I am very in touch with my feminine side. Swoon...fucking now.
lawl yank spelling owns you.

Skeeta

HSC
I want to get this done. I was thinking of going blonde again, but i'm starting to think it will look undeniably tacky now that my hair is short.

*sigh*

hair dilemma.

peoplepie

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:

Balyage, which means to sweep in French, is a free-form painting technique that has become more popular in the last few years. Instead of weaving or slicing and enlisting the use of foils, the colorist uses a color brush or a special....

Balyage, which means to sweep in French, is a free-form painting technique that has become more popular in the last few years. Instead of weaving or slicing and enlisting the use of foils, the colorist uses a color brush or a special....

peoplepie

HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
LOALZ IT TOTALLY WUZNT A JOKE AT ALL D00D.

absolute jagtards on this forum.
Like the ones who graduated in 2004 and should've migrated off posting on a primarily high-school based forum on a daily basis into a job by now.

peoplepie

HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
Yeah you're a troll, that's great.

Uni forums.
Have a job.
If we all left, there would be pretty much no point to this forum, hey.

It's all been done, sonny jim. I'm terribly sorry I hurt yr pwecious widdle feelingz.
dats k. omfg. you scaredz me so bad! *cries*

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
peoplepie said:
Like the ones who graduated in 2004 and should've migrated off posting on a primarily high-school based forum on a daily basis into a job by now.
Or we went to UNIVERSITY/TAFE and found use of the university forums here.

Skeeta

HSC
oh fuck! i want one of their suitcases SO badly

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
If you reeeally want one you can wire me money, I'm not sure what's there but I'm going after work, at about 4ish.

Just an idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)