The Pay Thread (1 Viewer)

akrinis

HSC
Oh looks like it's been transferred today. That's good. I was worried when I saw the payslip and checked my bank balance to find nothing there.

Yeah, it looks like I just keep the payslip for a record of my payments, etc.

ashllis91

Banned
HSC
I used to work for Maccas for 9.37 p/h but my Mum and Dad basically made me quit bec ause I was working 30 hour weeks during term time and 50 hour weeks in the holidays. As a trade off I work for them now cleaning our house, the cars etc... I get $20 an hour but I only work like 3 hours a week. Its so much better for my HSC. :uhhuh:

georgiee

HSC
i work at maccas just turned 15 and am getting $9.29/h
can only work 10hrs during a school week though which sucks

but i got $125 for 5 hrs on boxing day (Y)

nothingwmn

HSC
N/A
Anyone know what Rebel Sport pays? Or what their group interview is like?

uwshm8

uwshm8
HSC
currently on 30 an hour.... just turned 18 fresh out off school and off 2 uni hahaah... cheering :)

nothingwmn

HSC
N/A
You make $30 / hr at Rebel Sport? How long have you been there?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Two Questions if anyone could correctly answer!!

Firstly, I work part time at Big W as Recovery (4-7 on Mon,Tue,Wed,Sun). On Australia day its a Monday, do I still get paid If I dont work?

Secondly, last week on my payslip, I was paid for some hours on Ordinary+15%. This is a first for me as I have never seen this. I only worked between 9am-7pm. Although I did work an extra 4hours on one shift, do I get paid more for this?

bethxx

HSC
N/A
Whats the average pay for 18 yer old? 13 smth if im not mistaken?

fizzytizz

~ Girra Girl ~
HSC
Hey guys!

I have recently been thinking of applying for my first job at a couple of different stores and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much a 16 yr old would be paid at each of them. It would be part-time. The stores are - Target, K-Mart, Big-W, Coles, Bi-Lo, Woolworths, Franklins, IGA, Priceline, Officeworks, Sam's Warehouse, Greater Union, DSE, Uncle Pete's Toyworld, Toys R Us, Video Ezy, Blockbuster, JB Hi-Fi and Homeart. Obviously that's a lot of stores, but I would like to compare them all before applying :). If there are any others you know the pay-rate of, then I'd love to know. In the meantime I will be searching for recent posts about this :).

I read on another thread that Coles is $8.50 p/h. Is this correct?

Any information would be much appreciated. :uhhuh:

Thankyou,
Tiffany.

Last edited:

H.P

HSC
take a look at the award and wage sheets on sda. they tell you exactly how much you should be paid.

HSC
fizzytizz said:
Hey guys!

I have recently been thinking of applying for my first job at a couple of different stores and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much a 16 yr old would be paid at each of them. It would be part-time. The stores are - Target, K-Mart, Big-W, Coles, Bi-Lo, Woolworths, Franklins, IGA, Officeworks, Sam's Warehouse, Greater Union, DSE, Uncle Pete's Toyworld, Toys R Us, Video Ezy, Blockbuster, JB Hi-Fi and Homeart. Obviously that's a lot of stores, but I would like to compare them all before applying :). If there are any others you know the pay-rate of, then I'd love to know. In the meantime I will be searching for recent posts about this :).
Don't apply to only stores that pay more, rather apply everywhere, and enquire at an interview stage about relevant pay rates. Most HR Managers will be happy to discuss it with you.

fizzytizz

~ Girra Girl ~
HSC
Thankyou for the advice so soon. I was just hoping to get a better idea before applying since that is an awful lot of applications to complete. I've thought about it and I think perhaps I will apply everywhere I can.

And thankyou H.P, I didn't know about the SDA, and I think it's starting to make sense to me :)

Last edited:
HSC
lol I've been working at Bakers Delight for a week now, and I haven't actually asked about how much the pay is >.<

But judging from what other 21yos are getting paid, I guess I'll get about $20/hr...maybe less while training.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Some of you people are getting so badly ripped off, I'm 19 working at a newsagency and get paid $21.40 p/h going up to $24 when i turn 20 in 2 weeks. Seriously if your getting paid under $15 p/h quit your job and find somewhere better, below $15 is just downright slavery.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Raven3333 said:
Some of you people are getting so badly ripped off, I'm 19 working at a newsagency and get paid $21.40 p/h going up to $24 when i turn 20 in 2 weeks. Seriously if your getting paid under $15 p/h quit your job and find somewhere better, below $15 is just downright slavery.

Wow that's quite good pay!

What about getting paid less than $15 p/h as a 15 year old /16 year old ???

bethxx

HSC
N/A
dux&src said:
What about getting paid less than $15 p/h as a 15 year old /16 year old ???
check the sda they tell you the average u should get paid. im 18, get around $12ish which is OK to me cos its still higher than what the sda put for my age. It really depends on the age. The older you are, the better you'll get paid. But getting $24 for a 20 year old is huggee.. which newsagency do u work for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)