the pill or condoms? which makes sex better? (1 Viewer)

jen23

question, personally, once in a sexual relationship i always go on the pill, 1st for pregnatecy reasons, 2nd for the new opportunities it creates (suddenly u dont have to carry condoms for outdoors, so yay). but i find with condoms, as a chick, sometimes its better. mainly because my boyfriend is shit in the foreplay department and the lub on the condoms helps. does anyone else have an opinion on this?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
frangers generally suck. i have one mate who prefers them to bareback, which is odd.

HSC
I always use condoms, because that way there's less to clean off my hands when I'm finished. Oh wait, sex with OTHER PEOPLE?

Depends on the relationship, if it's long term and all parties involved are certified as being clean, and don't mess around outside the relationship, then definitely the pill. If things are a bit dicey, then condoms.

I think it also depends on how you think the relationship would cope with a pregnancy, and how prepared those involved are to accept the consequences of their actions.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
I always use condoms, because that way there's less to clean off my hands when I'm finished. Oh wait, sex with OTHER PEOPLE?

Depends on the relationship, if it's long term and all parties involved are certified as being clean, and don't mess around outside the relationship, then definitely the pill. If things are a bit dicey, then condoms.

I think it also depends on how you think the relationship would cope with a pregnancy, and how prepared those involved are to accept the consequences of their actions.
Yep I agree, if its a long term relationship then the pill is the way to go, but also with the pill there can be side-effects

spooky's.gal

HSC
ive been on the pill for ages (wacked-out hormones = bad skin) so i didnt really need to think about it in relation to sex. ive only used condoms on two occasions, i didnt really notice a difference. i never noticed that the pill made me 'fat' as my weight has been almost exactly the same for as long as i have been taking it. i am however, glad that i was on the pill before starting a relationship as i didnt have to worry about anything, what a relief!
NB, i think the pill is great if its used properly, coz ive never experienced side effects and never had any trouble whatsoever. condoms scare me, too many things that could go wrong.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
the pill doesn't necessarily make you fat. sometimes you have to shop around a bit. when i went off one of the contraceptive pills i was on, i lost 1.7kgs in a week. i personally think it's a good idea to be one both, however if you're in a long term relationship and you know you're both clean, it's not as big a deal if you don't use a condom for whatever reason. remember if you go on the pill you have to have the seven day safety period of taking hormone tablets before you start having sex without another contraceptive device; it's the same principle if you miss a pill.

if you prefer condoms because your boyfriend sucks at foreplay, well, then i would recommend talking to your boyfriend! having sex is as much about your pleasure as it is his!
however i would also recommend going and buying a bottle of lube; ky warming liquid is reeeally good. put some of the inside and the outside of the condom and it takes away all the issues you're probably having with dryness etc

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Actually, condoms have slightly higher success rate than the pill. Me and my partner use condoms, and as with all methods, it has its plusses and minuses. There are suggestions that the pill is linked with breast cancer (i don't think its concrete yet, mostly speculative sort of stuff) and as my mother has aggresive recurring breast cancer its akin to playing with matches when you've already been doused in fuel. Obviously there are the regular side effects connected to the pill that don't seem particularly desirable to me either--weight gain, mood swings, depression etc

On the other hand i have considered going on the pill because it allows a bit more sponteneity, and the feel of it (condoms HURT after going at it for too long!).

I guess i also have issues with trust--i feel more safe being able to SEE my contraceptive working...you can't see the pill working and thus don't know if something has gone wrong and thats my issue with it

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
nat- i'm fairly certain i've stopped growing/developing. i got my period when i was 10 and haven't grown in height since i was abt 13-14. it's not just that way for pubescent girls anyhow.

there are alternative methods to the pill and condoms, just as the shot or the implant or if you want an external contraceptive you can try and diaphragm or the female contraceptive. i guess it's about shopping around.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Guy butts in : I hate condoms. I also hate the awkward 5 minutes while i try to force the damn thing on. But I'd never suggest to my girlfriend to go on the pill for the above reasons.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
haha 5 mins, wat are you doing....it takes literally about 10 seconds from the time i hand my boy the condom that we're ready to go....and those 10 seconds are usually spent making out so i don't see it as a big prob!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
Guy butts in : I hate condoms. I also hate the awkward 5 minutes while i try to force the damn thing on. But I'd never suggest to my girlfriend to go on the pill for the above reasons.
Lesson: teach her how to put in on with her mouth.

spooky's.gal

HSC
neo_o said:
dont straight out ask her, just mention how annoying it is having the 5-min fumble, and then ask if she's ever thought about using the pill. if you dont pressure her then you can discuss it and see what she thinks, you never know she just might say she'll look into it for your sake!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lol i had to get a price check on KY jelly once at work and i felt so sorry for the dude cause he is like a regular and some of the ppl i work with reckon he is gay

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ziff said:
Lesson: teach her how to put in on with her mouth.
I'm afraid of her teeth as is. Bad idea :p

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I compare condoms to wearing a wet sock...it feels terrible. However, I'd rather some slight discomfort than a kid.

spooky's.gal

HSC
BreaKing said:
lol i had to get a price check on KY jelly once at work and i felt so sorry for the dude cause he is like a regular and some of the ppl i work with reckon he is gay
lol, one of my friends parents went shopping for 'supplies' and whipped cream etc, then went through the checkout their kid's best friend was working at
NB, it wasnt me working the checkout, not that i have anything against checkout chicks/blokes

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Both. But if i had to chose, condoms. I dont trust girls, their slutty liars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)