The Pill (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Thats fucking not funny. Grow up why don't you.
It is funny, just you can't take a joke.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i used to be on the pill for 2 years for contraception purposes. i gained some weight, (about 5kg) my breasts grew a cup size (from b to c) and i didnt get any pimples. but i never got my period, even when i took the sugar pill. it didnt work for me, but i never got cramps or pains which was good. The pill i was on was Diane-25. while i was on it we hardly ever used a condom.

shortycooper

In Front Of Computer (Tele Point/Kempsey)
HSC
im on it

ive been on the pill now for about a year. im on trifeme 28, which is a generic brand, it costs $4.60 with my concession card and about$15 without for a 4 month supply.
i dont get my perriods on it and never have,
i went on it because im allergic to condoms.
umm just rocked up to the doctor, my female doctor was out of town so i had to go to a chinese guy, not kewl, and yeeah, he just asked how much id grown lately and how long my periods went for (they ask you that cuz sumtimes it can stop your growth spurt if you havent finished it) and he aske dme how my migraines had been lately, cuz sum pills can cause mor emigraines then usual. then he just explained how it works, start on the red ones and work your way round and that was it.
the only bad thing is that my boobs havent grown....im still an A :( i havent put on any weight, its actually stabilised my weight, so ive been 48kg ever since ive been on it, except for the month i suffered from glandular fever, but i kept vomiting so the pill wouldnt have been working anyway.

me and my bf dont wear condoms because of my allergy, and i doubt we would even if i wasnt allergic. we trust each other and yeah.

umm apart from that..... im thinking of maybe getting an implanon rod for when i start work and stuff if i have to do shift work...

repz

HSC
how old were u wen u started on them, do you need parents consent to get the pill? if your under 18 years of age

Last edited:

kalli

HSC
i started when i was 16 and i went by myself to get the pill... ive been on it for 4 years straight now...

the longest i have deliberately skipped my period for is 5 months (im on my fourth month atm)... the only bad thing about skipping is the cramps seem to be 3 times worse if skipping for 3 months, 4 times worse for four months etc... :(

i have only had one side effect... a couple of years ago i used to vomit at the same time every day and finally i figured out it was the pill doing it to me but that just stopped all of a sudden...

the pill is really great. i advise all teenage girls to go on the pill as my friends have told me of tooooo many time the condom has broken and i hear the morning after pill is terrible...

pmr_123

HSC
mmm_sofay, my doctor told me that i should not skip anymore than one period in a row... and i don't anyway

i've been on the pill for 4-5 months, Levlen ED, it's about $20 for 4 months, but if you have a healthcare card it's only about $3. (wish i had one of those)

getting it wasn't hard, i was getting periods at 2 week intervals so went on it to balance that, and said i wanted it for contraception too...

my doctor recommended condoms just in case, but said the only time i really need to sue them is if i've forgotten a pill or if i'm taking other medication that could interfere with the pill (antibiotics etc.)

i don't use condoms anymore, did for a while, then one day ran out, and have just never bought any since.
i don't usually forget my pill, have once, but that was ok, just used the 7 day rule...

my side effects, put on bout 5 kilo's but took it back off, just exercised a bit more than a was, had these amazing cravings for peanut butter (ate it with a spoon);)

you don't need parents consent if you're under 18, but i'm pretty sure you do if you're under 16...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm thinking of going on the pill, but i'm not sure. the only thing that's really stopping me is that i cant stand taking medicine (havent taken an actual pill of any sort in 5+years & they were only vitamin c tablets), so the idea of having to take a pill everyday isnt looking so great.

i could bite the bullet & go see the doctor, but it'd only really be for contraceptive reasons, and that means that mum'd probably find out that i'm having sex (dont have my own medicare card). its not a massive deal for me if she found out, but i dont know what her reaction would be, and i dont really feel like talking to her about it in the first place.

gah..so complicated

edit: how do you go about getting one of those healthcare cards?

Last edited:

jemma_w

bscienceboi said:
Question: How many people here who use the pill have actually had themselves and their partner checked for STDS/AIDS.
Didnt need to.. we were both virgins

jemma_w

bscienceboi said:
Sex isnt the only way to get them. So even if you are a virgin you can still have it.

I will also like to add:
"Over the course of 1 year, five to eight out of 100 typical couples who rely on the Pill to prevent pregnancy will have an accidental pregnancy. The Pill is an effective form of birth control, but even missing 1 day increases the chance of getting pregnant.

In general, how well each type of birth control method works depends on a lot of things. These include whether a person has any health conditions or is taking any medications or herbal supplements that might interfere with its use. For example, antibiotics or an herb like St. John's wort can interfere with the effectiveness of the Pill. How well a particular method of birth control works also depends on whether the method chosen is convenient - and whether the person remembers to use it correctly all the time.

yeah i always end up having to use condoms cos i always stuff up the pill like every month.. from gettin sick - antibiotics, gettin maggot - throwing up or forgetting to take it even though i have a reminder set in my phone each day

bex

HSC
i find it difficult to understand (and this isnt a personal attack by any means ) how people have trouble swallowing tablets when the pill is so tiny, we swallow bigger mouthfuls of food

shortycooper

In Front Of Computer (Tele Point/Kempsey)
HSC
health care or medicare

ok heres the deal... im confused by ppls wording so il clarify a bit:

a health care card comes from centrelink and gives you cheaper medication, and some doctors will bulk bill you, meaning you dont have to pay anything to see them

a medicare card is goverment crap, but if you are still on your parents card, all you need to do is write down the number of the card, and the expiry date, go to the doctor, and then say that you forgot to get your mums card before you left this morning but u do have the number, and hand it over, and everything is fine. then if u want to go and claim the money bak you do the same thing and they just ask u your date of birth and stuff and give u the money bak, no probs,

:)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
you dont get a health care card discount for the pill

well i dont anyway

mmm_sofay: i asked my doctor, and she said you can skip for as long as you want, cos it isnt like stuff is building up in there and going toxic or anything, but its recommended you skip for like 3 months, have a period then do it again

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
bex said:
i find it difficult to understand (and this isnt a personal attack by any means ) how people have trouble swallowing tablets when the pill is so tiny, we swallow bigger mouthfuls of food
I used to have trouble swallowing tablets the size of panadol and stuff (still kind of do) but that was because i nearly choked on one when i was younger and am now scared it will happen again. but ive found that the pill is small enough for there to be no trouble with swallowing and no trouble with the worry of choking.

just a question: my doctor said i couldnt start skipping periods until 1 year after i started taking the pill.. did anyone else get this advice?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I only started the Pill this year and my doctor didn't say anything except what I said earlier to mmm_sofay

I haven't tried it yet though, I want to leave things a little bit natural

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
ZacG said:
Hey, I'm just curious how many people are on it, when they started, and if they still use a condom as well as added protection, or if they're confident that it'll do the job.

Taking it a bit further, do the females on it expect the guys to pull out, or are they ok with it?

And while we're at it, any side effects you've ever experienced with it.
im on it. its for my periods.
one good effect it has is that all my pimples have gone away!
miracles happen! =)

it made me gain a few more kilos

err.. i started about a year and a half ago?

but yeah not sexually active so i have no idea about the other bit of ur question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)