The Police (1 Viewer)

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Tbh, you probably just drive in a manner that they expect to be dangerous or something. I've driven past cops so many times, even late at night, and not once have I been pulled over, even though I have the obnoxious Red P's.

Then just down the road a few km at a curve I'll do a drift or something all good.

I wouldn't be surprised though for that day that I do something which is completely safe in my vicinity, but I get booked for reckless driving. By reckless, I mean turning way too fast and having to counter steer, or just the engine revving from flattening the accelerator.

Don't think I'd ever be in a situation to get pulled over for speeding.
I am a pretty safe driver. I stay in my lane and all. It was not "just random stops" all the time, one of my front headlights was slightly dimmer than the other and I guess the popo thought it was defective or something.

I never do those things (drift, speed, etc) on a public road.

drink driving/speeding is generally a no no

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You will find General Duty Officers are much more lenient then their Highway Patrol counterparts.
I've had so many run ins with HWP that I now actively record all my rides and dealings with them. So many "You were speeding" accusations thrown out due to my footage.
Highway patrol are always in my area, and I always pass them as I take highway and motorway a lot of the time. Maybe its due to your equipment when biking or something?

Well cops won't give out speeding accusations unless they know you were speeding. There are times where I do 77-80 kph in an 80 zone and I don't get pulled over.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I am a pretty safe driver. I stay in my lane and all. It was not "just random stops" all the time, one of my front headlights was slightly dimmer than the other and I guess the popo thought it was defective or something.

I never do those things (drift, speed, etc) on a public road.

drink driving/speeding is generally a no no
Hmm random stops. Maybe its more frequent in your area.

It could just be the style of your driving. 90% of drivers on the road leave a 1.5 second gap rather than a 3 second gap, continue accelerating when they blatantly see a red light 100 m in front of them (I know this because I let go of the accelerator and am preparing to stop, but they just keep on creeping up into me, and this is auto where fuel is still being injected regardless of using the accelerator).

So you could be doing that.

Otherwise its probably just random yeah.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Hmm random stops. Maybe its more frequent in your area.

It could just be the style of your driving. 90% of drivers on the road leave a 1.5 second gap rather than a 3 second gap, continue accelerating when they blatantly see a red light 100 m in front of them (I know this because I let go of the accelerator and am preparing to stop, but they just keep on creeping up into me, and this is auto where fuel is still being injected regardless of using the accelerator).

So you could be doing that.

Otherwise its probably just random yeah.
Ohh yeah well it is lol. I am in western sydney

I usually stay like 5 seconds behind everyone. I know physics and KE = 0.5mv^2 and that means if you're travelling at a few kilometers over; you will need more stopping distance. also I don't like driving behind cars in general because you can't see the road ahead of you :p

If a i see a red light and I am sure there are no cars around; I run it :p

on another topic; I think 40km/h school zones are bullshit. Any kid that walks into traffic deserves to get hit. discuss here: http://community.boredofstudies.org...o-he-doesnt-derail-other-peoples-threads.html

BCSpectreR

HSC
N/A
Highway patrol are always in my area, and I always pass them as I take highway and motorway a lot of the time. Maybe its due to your equipment when biking or something?

Well cops won't give out speeding accusations unless they know you were speeding. There are times where I do 77-80 kph in an 80 zone and I don't get pulled over.
I ride a bone stock bike lol.

No a cop wont directly accuse you but will generally beat around the bush until either they just flat out tell you whats going on or you admit guilt.
I was interviewed by HWP after a accident and after a 30min discussion about my recollection of events I was accused of going at twice the legal speed. I knew he was taking the piss because:
A-My bike at that time couldnt do the speed he was accusing me of (200kmh)
B- His "eyewitnesses" had only their word to go on, there was no footage.
C- He didnt have LIDAR/RADAR proof.

2 weeks later I got a fine for Negligent Driving, but a rider can get that just falling over in a carpark.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ohh yeah well it is lol. I am in western sydney

I usually stay like 5 seconds behind everyone. I know physics and KE = 0.5mv^2 and that means if you're travelling at a few kilometers over; you will need more stopping distance. also I don't like driving behind cars in general because you can't see the road ahead of you :p

If a i see a red light and I am sure there are no cars around; I run it :p

on another topic; I think 40km/h school zones are bullshit. Any kid that walks into traffic deserves to get hit. discuss here: http://community.boredofstudies.org...o-he-doesnt-derail-other-peoples-threads.html
I'd never run a red.

No that's silly. The reason why its a 40 zone is because most cars will be able to stop within 5 m. It makes perfect sense. Imagine if it was an 80 zone. It would take about 30 m for most cars to stop while slamming and using a few slam intervals (so with perfect braking most cars will do this), and so you'd kill the child in this case.

Most drivers would be able to safely prevent hitting the child from afar. You should gain experience with frequent driving and one of those skills gained is hazard perception. Its a very important skill, and prevents you from taking away lives.

No-one or nothing deserves to get hit by traffic. Nothing.

No wonder police pull you over :p

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I ride a bone stock bike lol.

No a cop wont directly accuse you but will generally beat around the bush until either they just flat out tell you whats going on or you admit guilt.
I was interviewed by HWP after a accident and after a 30min discussion about my recollection of events I was accused of going at twice the legal speed. I knew he was taking the piss because:
A-My bike at that time couldnt do the speed he was accusing me of (200kmh)
B- His "eyewitnesses" had only their word to go on, there was no footage.
C- He didnt have LIDAR/RADAR proof.

2 weeks later I got a fine for Negligent Driving, but a rider can get that just falling over in a carpark.
Wow.

Did you rear end the other person? Most likely that's why. Police will not hesitate to persecute people who smash into the back of others.

Lol at getting that in a car park. I don't know whether you would deserve to have a bike licence if you would just fall over in a carpark.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
I'd never run a red.

No that's silly. The reason why its a 40 zone is because most cars will be able to stop within 5 m. It makes perfect sense. Imagine if it was an 80 zone. It would take about 30 m for most cars to stop while slamming and using a few slam intervals (so with perfect braking most cars will do this), and so you'd kill the child in this case.

Most drivers would be able to safely prevent hitting the child from afar. You should gain experience with frequent driving and one of those skills gained is hazard perception. Its a very important skill, and prevents you from taking away lives.

No-one or nothing deserves to get hit by traffic. Nothing.

No wonder police pull you over :p
I am not saying turn school zones into high ways lol. But they make it like 50 - 60 and could do things like make the crossings a bit more safer by having a time delay so even if cars do run a red light, then they will still be safe.

yes hazard perception is a good thing thing and drivers must have this skill but the process is not rigorous enough. play a computer game in the RMS and upgrade your licence lol. For example I am training to be a secuirty guard and when i get my green p's I have to do a tactical driving course which is very comprehensive and probably will teach me a lot - drivers in general should imo also do this to stay safe on the road

BCSpectreR

HSC
N/A
Wow.

Did you rear end the other person? Most likely that's why. Police will not hesitate to persecute people who smash into the back of others.

Lol at getting that in a car park. I don't know whether you would deserve to have a bike licence if you would just fall over in a carpark.
Overtook a car legally. Something on road-
Nek minnet, highside, landed in a ditch, bike (supposedly) hit a car, a tree and then me. Two broken arms, surgery and 3month rehab lol.

A lot of L platers practice for their MOST exam by doing a mock course in disused carparks after hours, the MOST requires some tedious slow speed maneuvers which are rarely used on a daily basis, and therefore foreign to them. A lot of bastard HWP's like to sit and watch too if they haven't built up their quota.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Overtook a car legally. Something on road-
Nek minnet, highside, landed in a ditch, bike (supposedly) hit a car, a tree and then me. Two broken arms, surgery and 3month rehab lol.

A lot of L platers practice for their MOST exam by doing a mock course in disused carparks after hours, the MOST requires some tedious slow speed maneuvers which are rarely used on a daily basis, and therefore foreign to them. A lot of bastard HWP's like to sit and watch too if they haven't built up their quota.

Hope you are ok man.

I see.

Well idk but cops are lenient in my area. Then again at my work I have worked with cops, and although some are rude (they make crude innuendo jokes with each other lol), they seem chill in my area.

BCSpectreR

HSC
N/A
Hope you are ok man.

I see.

Well idk but cops are lenient in my area. Then again at my work I have worked with cops, and although some are rude (they make crude innuendo jokes with each other lol), they seem chill in my area.
South Western Sydney bruh lol.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Anyone actually drunk drive?? (regardless of getting caught or not)

To be honest.... during my year 12 driving years...... i drank drive around 3 times.... lolz.... thanks fuck i didn't get caught....

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Anyone actually drunk drive?? (regardless of getting caught or not)

To be honest.... during my year 12 driving years...... i drank drive around 3 times.... lolz.... thanks fuck i didn't get caught....
you are evidence that natural selection does not exist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)