The Raven ---- Urgent!! Please help (1 Viewer)

jenni_k

HSC
hi,

Im doing "the Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe as a related text for imaginative journeys. if someone can please explain to me what the peom is about and give me some examples of techniques used in the poem other than the obvious allitereation and rhyme within a linme scheme, then i would be really really grateful.

Thanx so much

jenni_k

HSC
so can u help me please? just 2 figure out how it relates to imaginative journeys...
please

jenni_k

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
It's not something that you can really compile and put in a post on the BOS forum.. It's hard to do.

What exactly do you need help with?
well, i need to know how it relates to my AOS which is imaginative journeys and a couple of techniques which back up this.

Pointy Ears

HSC
Ummm, I'm really sorry, but if you find it difficult to link it to imaginative journeys, then you shouldnt use it. I'm sure there are a lot of other texts that would be better suited to the module, and you should pick one that you fully understand so that you can mould it according to the question asked.

Meh, well, if you still wanna do it, then i guess i could help snce i did it for Ext eng.
It is an imaginative journey because the line between reality and surrealism has blurred. The narrator is haunted, but by the ghost of his wife, or by the insanity of his mind?? Merh, i dunno, its too bloody ambiguous, you can interpret the poem in so many ways, so it would be pointless of me to give my own view, since it should be yours.

Merh, sorry, im no help, i rekon u should just find another text.

jenni_k

HSC
Pointy Ears said:
Ummm, I'm really sorry, but if you find it difficult to link it to imaginative journeys, then you shouldnt use it. I'm sure there are a lot of other texts that would be better suited to the module, and you should pick one that you fully understand so that you can mould it according to the question asked.

Meh, well, if you still wanna do it, then i guess i could help snce i did it for Ext eng.
It is an imaginative journey because the line between reality and surrealism has blurred. The narrator is haunted, but by the ghost of his wife, or by the insanity of his mind?? Merh, i dunno, its too bloody ambiguous, you can interpret the poem in so many ways, so it would be pointless of me to give my own view, since it should be yours.

Merh, sorry, im no help, i rekon u should just find another text.
thx 4 ur suggestion on giving it up but ive sorted it with the help of a couple of teachers and ive found my way into the poem.

thanks anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)