• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The s1 2008 Uni Results thread (1 Viewer)

beentherdunthat

HSC
fuck me
i passed qma
beentherdunthat said:
FUCKING FAILED QMA

FAILED

FAILED

=[ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q1) wtf

Q2) Relates to q1 . further wtf

Q3)

Q4)

Q5)

q6) :'( :'(

an hour later - Evacuated.
*PHEW

beentherdunthat

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
watered down? How come people scream about it like its a monster from hell?

I mean math 1a is ok..so what with qma?
its the bitch
especially when you cant be stuffed studying for it
and when you get to the exam you get all these messed up questions
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

-Anfernee-

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
watered down? How come people scream about it like its a monster from hell?

I mean math 1a is ok..so what with qma?

Most of the people that struggle with QMA do not have the strongest of mathematical/ quantitative backgrounds.

I guess if you're going to compare MATH 1a with QMA, QMA would be considered the easier course for most people.

HSC
shoxgeneration said:
yeah i reckon. and seriously janet austin. i am on the verge of killing myself. WHY HER?! i fall asleep when i listen to her ilectures even far out.

yeah im doing intern bus law later in my degree, so ur majoring in this too? join the fun haha 6-9 ~ hopefully it won't actually go to 9, but then again we'll never know.. gah. when's your tute for it?

which major did u flunk :S
is she shit? bah i was hoping to have our good friend jenny buchan shes awesome :(. i have the least tolerance for boring ass lecturers. oh you serious you scored an intern for it? thats heaps good, what kind of place would take specially for that major (not many people do business law). i went shithouse in the legt2721 major i went on the condition precedent base = bad
i was on the wed 6-7pm but now changed it to monday 3-4pm. what about you?

beentherdunthat

HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Most of the people that struggle with QMA do not have the strongest of mathematical/ quantitative backgrounds.
lol. Funny person.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Casmira said:
is she shit? bah i was hoping to have our good friend jenny buchan shes awesome :(. i have the least tolerance for boring ass lecturers. oh you serious you scored an intern for it? thats heaps good, what kind of place would take specially for that major (not many people do business law). i went shithouse in the legt2721 major i went on the condition precedent base = bad
i was on the wed 6-7pm but now changed it to monday 3-4pm. what about you?

ahah sorry miscommunication, i meant that i was doing internATIONAL business law - the subject later on (sorry haha). cos i don't have room in my degree to do > 1 legal subject per semester.

yeah but hey it would be awesome if that was the case, ive always wondered what type of place/position would, it certainly would be interesting.
yeah well i went down the road of collateral contract, so that didn't give me any brownie points.

j.austin is like. complete bore. see UNSW subject reviews on her subjects. i had her for part of legt1711 - i went to one lecture once in the front row by myself to force myself to concentrate, and still i managed to fall asleep....
don't know who jenny buchan is, what else does she teach?

hey me too! mon 3-4, guess i'll see you there then haha. Good job for changing - 6-7 would have been a very craphouse time.

Last edited:

Conspirocy

HSC
-Anfernee- said:

I guess if you're going to compare MATH 1a with QMA, QMA would be considered the easier course for most people.
From what I have seen from the two courses. a 3 unit student would find Math 1a easier to pass, but might not go as well in it. They really just set out to fail people in QMA. Plus the reason everyone bitches about it is because every other commerce degree doesn't have this kind of maths as a core subject.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Conspirocy said:
From what I have seen from the two courses. a 3 unit student would find Math 1a easier to pass, but might not go as well in it. They really just set out to fail people in QMA. Plus the reason everyone bitches about it is because every other commerce degree doesn't have this kind of maths as a core subject.
Is QMA harder then ECMT1010 at usyd ?

Seems most uni's have at least a statistics core unit. Though im guessing QMA is the hardest.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
No idea wat ECMT1010 is, but QMA is not statistics. That's QMB.

And really guys, QMA is really only hard this semester due to the change in lecturer-in-charge and staffing. And for some odd reason, they have decided to change the style of questions and areas they concentrate on in comparison to previous years. When we did it last year it was really quite easy if you had say a minimal 2U maths background.

HSC
shoxgeneration said:
ahah sorry miscommunication, i meant that i was doing internATIONAL business law - the subject later on (sorry haha). cos i don't have room in my degree to do > 1 legal subject per semester.

yeah but hey it would be awesome if that was the case, ive always wondered what type of place/position would, it certainly would be interesting.
yeah well i went down the road of collateral contract, so that didn't give me any brownie points.

j.austin is like. complete bore. see UNSW subject reviews on her subjects. i had her for part of legt1711 - i went to one lecture once in the front row by myself to force myself to concentrate, and still i managed to fall asleep....
don't know who jenny buchan is, what else does she teach?

hey me too! mon 3-4, guess i'll see you there then haha. Good job for changing - 6-7 would have been a very craphouse time.
jenny buchan i did LEGT1711 with her, she is the god of LEGT. i was sick mid during my legt semester and then she gave me as an assessment to do AFTER the final exam, very engaged. i also had peter michael as a tutor; he's awesome. did you like kerry at all?

haha yeah i changed it from 6-7 because it was my ONLY tutorial i had that day!!.. which wouldnt be that bad cause i work at uni i just go to class after works over, but who can be assed going to class after work srsly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)