the schools forum...which is the best in sydney! (1 Viewer)

Best School in Sydney (from BoS list of 10 best schools in Sydney)

• Nth Sydney Girls High

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Abottsleigh

• Nth Sydney Boys High

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • St Ives High

• Ravenswood

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Shore

• James Ruse

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • St. Josephs

• Sydney Grammar

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Sydney Boys High

Votes: 15 24.6%

• Total voters

irene adler

Originally posted by nickyazn
if u look at who becomes successful later in life hardly any of them come from selective schools because although they might have a good work ethic, they arent that outgoing or have good personalities....
hardly any come from selective schools? what? ok, lets just ignore all the prime ministers who are ex-selective schools, how many of our judges and politicians have come from Fort Street? lets ignore the tv personalities and actors, I mean, Nicole Kidman was from Sydney Girls High, Katrina Warren went to James Ruse. because obviously since they're from selective schools, they have No Personality and are incapable of being outgoing. hell, Joh Bailey went to James Ruse, you saying that he lacks personality and is not outgoing?

most of the people that get the CEO jobs and become anything high up are usually from either private school or a small minority from state schools...they are usually more extroverted and hence can get the higher jobs that dont only count on brains
whoa. um, Rodney Adler, Jodie Rich - both from Cranebrook I think. They are obviously so brainy. James Packer - one word: nepotism. It's amazing how money makes up for brains. also interesting how many of the CEOs of our largest companies are from overseas, since the companies just buy the names to stick on their letterheads.

besides north shore is where most peopole who have become sucessful are from so i guess results speak for themselves...sorry to all the people from out west but thats how its done [/B]
how about Paul Keating? he was from bankstown, I think. You can't get much more successful than prime minister. or perhaps the Waugh brothers, if you think sports important - in any case, they are household names. that must be an indicator of success.

Last edited:

nickyazn

Banned
wow...u named a few exceptions...now lets put this into context...u named about 10 people out of about 2000 successful people...well by my calculations that is .05% of people who are successful are from selective schools

u just named all the people u could think of that are successful and went to a selective school..just coz steve waugh is from bankstown doesnt mean anyone from there is more successful than here

please u taking out of context is too amateurish for me...only respond if you are goin to be sensible

...and i wouldnt mention jodie rich, hes not the greatest succuss story if u know what i mean

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
success is measured on a subjective level.

Where one would see monetary and materialistic wealth as an indicator of success, others would see the complete opposite and raising a family as successful.

nickyazn

Banned
yeh but im measuring it to how society sees success..and well u have to admit they all come from privzte schools located in the nth shore area...sorry but u cant argue witht the facts

rumour

HSC
Why is there only private/ selective schools on this list?
To who ever made this poll, do you think normal(non-selective) public schools are not go enough to be included in this poll?

nickyazn

Banned
st ives is one

but have nfi why they included the dump

should have included PLC....piece of junk that this chand person is must have only included schools she had heard of

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by chandra
from a list i have obtained i have found out the best 10 schools ins sydney...they are a mix of private and public but they go on not just reputation but on the people currently attending and how good they are both intellectually and socially.

Please comment or add any names of schools u think should make it and be honest with your suggetsions..not just naming loser schools like barker and sceggs coz u go there

:apig: :chainsaw:
i can't comment on the 'best school.' it's all about the person. if a school is up there and is good, i don't believe it can be any better and then be 'best'

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i can't comment on the 'best school.' it's all about the person. if a school is up there and is good, i don't believe it can be any better and then be 'best'
i agree with that, but no harm seeing what ppl think rite? PLC shud prolly be there, for whoever up there had all the names, nicole kidman went to NSG. ppl in top jobs, id say private schools i.e. GPS & CAS schools plus some selective schools. why? well it can turn out that way. my vote goes to sbhs (with slight bias ::p )

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by nickyazn
yeh but im measuring it to how society sees success..and well u have to admit they all come from privzte schools located in the nth shore area...sorry but u cant argue witht the facts

the facts says that happiness and success are subjective things which differ from one person, and ultimately one society or culture to another.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Sharpshooter
i agree with that, but no harm seeing what ppl think rite?
yeah no harm, just stating my view

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)