The SIMPLE GIFT thread!!! Add something! (1 Viewer)

stalky92

HSC
I've been looking around the bos site in search for help for my assignment and hav noticed that there is like no info on the simple gift.

Sooo... i thought i'd start a thread were ppl can add any info they hav on the simple gift to help all the others that are lookin for stuff to help them.

If you hav any info you'd like to add ef. chpt summaries, important quotes or points, essay q's etc. plz do- it'd b a great help to every1 currently doing the HSC and all those to come!!!!

- The recurring symbol of "gift" signifies both giving and receiving, which are both aspects of belonging
- The Simple Gift explores the idea of identity, particularly as Caitlin & Billy re-shape their identities by choosing their own lifestyle. It is a strong sense of belonging that enables them to develop their identity.
- In choosing where they belong, they have also chosen where they do not belong. Caitlin, for example, decides that she belongs with Billy, and by result, does not belong with her parents.
- The street where Billy grew up does not inspire a sense of belonging in him. His action of throwing rocks upon the roofs of the houses shows the stong negative attitude he has towards his street and all it represents.
- The nickname tha Old Bill gives the freight carriages (The Bendarat Hilton) that he and Billy live in shows that they feel a strong sense of belonging even in a place that is not really theirs.
-structure: verse novel enables Herrick to represent the different points of views.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)