the tempest...fight club (1 Viewer)

sammy120287

hey...does anyone have any info on fight club..and how it realates to imaginitive journeys??...and the tempest??.....im really stuck and i gotta do a speech on it!!...if u could help us out id be really grateful..thanx:) :confused:

nickw...

HSC
N/A
Journey - journey through realization of imaginary freind, and own problems, and how he can fix them.
Also, building of relationships.

T

Tyler

Wow fight club as a supp for imaginative journeys, i was thinken bout maybe usen it but im not sure of how much i could go in depth about the imaginative journey involved...any one can shed any light to me in anyway how it could be related to imaginative journeys?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
fight club is awesome as an imaginative journey...

kimmeh: its basically a trip with ed norton and brad pitt with a slight twist :)

Originally posted by nickw...
Journey - journey through realization of imaginary freind, and own problems, and how he can fix them.
Also, building of relationships.
not so much an imaginary friend rather than a result of his own character, thus being the ying/yang sort, mirroring that which he is (the you are not...speech) and seeing oneself rather as an interpretation of another instead of merely being a construct...at the same time it brings about a sense of denial from the protaganist as he fashions a separate identity to himself to in fact live out those aspects which he would not normally do....

scrat96

HSC
get fight club on dvd and listen to the commentary.
and if you look closely on the tv in the hotel room when he's travelling everywhere, before he meets tyler, you can see brad pit as one of the people saying 'WELCOME' its great..
"where is my mind" is a must use quote.
also, some people believe that since Tyler is 'Jacks' imagination therefore project mayhem is in his imagination also..
this theory works better with the book (where he ends up in a mental hospital) rather than the movie (where everything blows up). But if you watch the movie with this in mind there are a few little hints which can illude to the assumption that project mayhem is not real.
im doing fight club for my extra text and IMAGINE by john lennon...anyone got any suggestions for a third text of a different medium?

l'emilie

HSC
N/A
NATALIA!
its you isnt in, its lemilie
fancy seeing you in a place like this
neways im doing fightclub too
so i most definately propose lets share notes so ill sent you mine as soon as i write some
but sent me yours
im also doing the magus by john fowles and an emily dickinson poem
maybe do a book? cos lyrics is sort of like a poem ay
or maybe i children's picture book, they are good because there is both linguistic and visual and it doesnt take long to read

dedums

HSC
hey im also studying fightclub for my assessment. i have to say how the composer of the text uses techniques to express the concept of imaginative journey nd i have no idea wat dat means if u could help me it would be much appreciated thanx

amiey

HSC
hey scrat as a third text you should look into a visual text as its a different media
i'm doing one by Rene Magritte his works are quite imaginative and his works wouldnt usually show up as most people look at Dali.

On that note does anyone have any ideas of a book that i could use as a third text thats imaginative journey?
Is The Great Gatsby imaginative?

ricometa

HSC
im doing fight club too, planning to buy dvd and book sometime soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)