The Tennis Thread (1 Viewer)

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

"My hands are full , you guys can hold my cheque *laughs*" wtf...

Don't really care about female tennis but 5 Australian Open wins is hot.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Thoughts on the women's tournament?

It was okay. I think Justin Henin was the story. But it was pretty good apart from that. The chinese players did well.
Talking to Li Na after her win in the Quarters:

Jim Courier: "So, Chinese women did well, with two through to Semis. Where are the Chinese men?"
Li Na: "The Chinese men are in China."

BlackDragon

HSC

Jim Courier: "So, Chinese women did well, with two through to Semis. Where are the Chinese men?"
Haha :)
I never noticed the lack of men before.

Last edited:

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC

The Chinese men are busy playing table tennis.

mioumiou

HSC

Hahaha!! Love her response! But they did really well!

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A

the crowds especially french tourists are biggest losers more so than Henin. Their hostile attitude towards Serena made Australian Open a 3rd world tournament. I was happy when Serena won and shut them the fuck up.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC

I hate when they promote their shows in the middle of the match. Like, gtfo, I don't care about 'My Kitchen Rules', etc. stop wasting my time with this shameless cross promotion. And I don't want commercials after every fucking game. There shouldn't be commercials during sports. Do you see any commercials during football, like the English Premier League or The Champions League (apart from during half-time)? The answer is no, channel 7 is really annoying me. I'm seeing more commercials than tennis, fucking stupid.
the answer is yes actually...

there will be a bar come up across the bottom of the screen with another game...

happens all the time on fox sports

Daisuke

HSC

the answer is yes actually...

there will be a bar come up across the bottom of the screen with another game...

happens all the time on fox sports
I mean actual commercials. They cut away from the game and have an ad break.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

I mean actual commercials. They cut away from the game and have an ad break.
*shrug*
They need to make money somehow. They pay money to get the privilege to broadcast the Australian Open. Since it's free-to-air (unlike Foxtel Sports and whatnot, which can make money up by membership subscriptions), Channel 7 will make it up by ads. I don't have Foxtel, but I'm guessing Foxtel Sports has ads too?

Daisuke

HSC

*shrug*
They need to make money somehow. They pay money to get the privilege to broadcast the Australian Open. Since it's free-to-air (unlike Foxtel Sports and whatnot, which can make money up by membership subscriptions), Channel 7 will make it up by ads. I don't have Foxtel, but I'm guessing Foxtel Sports has ads too?
SBS pays to get the privilege to broadcast the FIFA World Cup which is way bigger than the Australian Open. SBS probably has less money than Channel 7 (I'm assuming), and even they don't have ad breaks during the games. Only during the half-time break.

HSC

ch 7 has breaks because they can (as players rest between every 2nd game except at the start of the set). sbs can't because it's 2 periods of 45 non-stop minutes of football.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Channel 7 coverage is shit they cut the tennis to show the trashy Today Tonight and Home and Away and let's not forget those constant cross advertising of Cougar Town and My Kitchen Rules.

LordPc

HSC

id rather have some stupid ads (which if you remember were mostly funny a few years ago) than have no tennis at all

for someone who doesnt enjoy cricket, rugby, AFL or NRL, the tennis in january is the only thing ive got to look forward too each year. even if its run poorly, its better than nothing

BlackDragon

HSC

id rather have some stupid ads (which if you remember were mostly funny a few years ago) than have no tennis at all

for someone who doesnt enjoy cricket, rugby, AFL or NRL, the tennis in january is the only thing ive got to look forward too each year. even if its run poorly, its better than nothing
We would never have no tennis at all. I'm sure the other networks would love to have the coverage. It would be great to see SBS have it or something like that.

Daisuke

HSC

ch 7 has breaks because they can (as players rest between every 2nd game except at the start of the set). sbs can't because it's 2 periods of 45 non-stop minutes of football.
Did you see the football when Channel 7 broadcasted the Olympics? I'm pretty sure they had ad breaks during that as well... I think even when they broadcast rugby they have commercials. Give the Australian Open to another network. Channel 7 is a fucking disgrace. Interrupting major matches for Today Tonight and Home and Away. Who the fuck even watches those shit shows?

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC

Did you see the football when Channel 7 broadcasted the Olympics? I'm pretty sure they had ad breaks during that as well... I think even when they broadcast rugby they have commercials. Give the Australian Open to another network. Channel 7 is a fucking disgrace. Interrupting major matches for Today Tonight and Home and Away. Who the fuck even watches those shit shows?
Yeah, no way is home and away more important. It isn't even a live show.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC

I'm yet to see the scoreline. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)