The "Thanks, but we don't want you" letter. (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

God, I hate this letter. I've gotten it three times in two different ways after applying for a whole bunch of jobs.

"Thanks for applying, but we don't ned you right now."
"Thanks for coming. We congratulate you on a great interview, but we don't want you."

Bastards the lot of them.

Anyone else get this letter and absolutely hate it?

Fry

well, would you rather be told that you got rejected or be completely ignored by them and start chasing them up? they're just trying to break it to gently.

elisabeth

HSC
Lol, yeah. I've gotten a couple. I don't know which is more annoying, nobody replying or getting all the standard rejection letters. Never got one after an interview though... but if I had done an interview, I guess I would like to have some sort of follow up, even if it wasn't a job offer like I'd hope.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah I'd rather get a letter like that than not hear from them at all. Shows they are considerate to actually bother sending it to you. I got 2 in the past month and at least it means now I'm positive I haven't got the job so I don't have to worry about it anymore

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
haha ive never gotten a letter..
ive had a couple of phone interviews then they say 'we will let u know if you have been successful by <insert name of day here>' and i never get called back
but yeh i have a job anyway so i dont really care

= Jennifer =

HSC
i did the apply via the net ones, at least u get a response i get the "we have received your application and we are currently reviewing it, we thankyou for the time you have spent preparing your application..blah blah" via email, i applied for woolies a little over a month ago how long does it take to review?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
cro_angel said:
haha ive never gotten a letter..
ive had a couple of phone interviews then they say 'we will let u know if you have been successful by <insert name of day here>' and i never get called back
but yeh i have a job anyway so i dont really care
they annoy the hell out of me
why do they all do it? it's not hard to just tell a person if they have the job or not

J

jhakka

Actually they said my application was unsuccessful, but congratulations on a great (or was it good? Never mind) interview.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
a rejection letter is better than no reply, so you will know and wont think about it ever again ><

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
haha, i got one of those letters from bras n things "thankyou for taking the time, blah blah blah, unfortunately we do not have any positions that suit your application at the moment"

but at least they tell you,
one of my friends went for a job at "equip" and they said they would ring and elt her kow, and they didnt even ring her

J

jhakka

Ok, I'm going to take the time to type up what they sent me.

The Angus and Robertson "Thanks said:
29th November 2004

Justin D....

Dear Justin

Re: Your application for employment

Thank you for attending the recent interview for the position of Bookseller / Sales Assistant.

After careful consideration I regret to inform you that, in this instance, your application has been unsuccessful.

Whilst you have not been successful on this occasion we would like to congratulate you on the high standard of your interview and would appreciate your permission to keep your application on our database for consideration in upcoming positions.

If you would like your name removed from the database please contact the email address provided below.

We appreciate your interest in Angus & Robertson and wish you well in your future career endeavours.

Yours sincerely
Annie Mihos

Human Resources
Angus & Robertson
I appreciate being told that I don't have the job, by the way, but continued failure gets quite frustrating and these letters become very hated things.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
jhakka said:
I appreciate being told that I don't have the job, by the way, but continued failure gets quite frustrating and these letters become very hated things.
if you took the time to go in for an interview, i think they should ring you and tell you your application was unsuccessful

J

jhakka

Ranger Stacie said:
if you took the time to go in for an interview, i think they should ring you and tell you your application was unsuccessful
Yeah, that's what I thought. It provides the opportunity to ask why we didn't get the job, although all they'd probably say is that they found someone more appropriate to the position.

Bastards.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i got a rejection phone call "hello nicole blah balh sorry you didnt get the job"

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
jhakka said:
Yeah, that's what I thought. It provides the opportunity to ask why we didn't get the job, although all they'd probably say is that they found someone more appropriate to the position.

Bastards.
i think that's why they do the letter. it means they won't have people asking questions and it will take them a long time to answer. it also means they don't have to hear the disappointment.

It

HSC
meh, id much prefer a letter hurling abuse at me and calling me a retard saying i didnt have the job then sit and wait and wait and wait wondering whether i did or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)