The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR QUESTIONS. (1 Viewer)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
hay is there a bus from unsw which goes direct to usyd??

HSC
N/A
Yeah, Metrobus 10. It takes this loopy route from wherever to Leichhardt, to USyd, to UTS, to Central, to Town Hall, to Museum, to SBHS/SGHS, the cricket ground, entertainment center, to Randwick, to UNSW, and then to Kingsford.

The only bus, iirc.

Wanky much.
omie jay said:
um that would be traitorous.
No, not really; but savagely retarded, omgz, yes!1!
I mean, other than specific people, what the fuck does USyd have than UNSW doesn't? (And (assuming) no one gives a shit about those odd courses, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Combined Engineering-Architecture, etc.)

Last edited:

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
question about chemistry - at this rate i reckon i'll fail chem for this semester (despite trying as hard as i can to pass!) and will probably have to repeat it in semester 2 or summer. i noticed in another thread somewhere around here, which had tips on various science-related things, that someone suggested to "get into Anna Choy's tutorial class". i fully agree, she was my tutor for the bridging course and she was great, but the tutor i have now is not so great. so if i do have to repeat chem i'd like to be in anna's tutorial group.

my question is, how on earth do i know which tute group she teaches? it's not like it comes up on the unsw timetable or anything, so how do you know?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
maybe see the chem department about it.

But you have until tomorrow (31st march) to drop the course without financial or academic penalty. Keep that in mind if you cant change your tute.

deadfishlol

HSC
N/A
If you absolutely need your dose of Anna Choy you might see her tutoring other 1st years in the room adjacent to the computer lab. You can always study there during the tutoring hours and ask her for help. I gotta agree, she's on a completely different level to the other tutors, although the old white lady (forgot her name) wasn't too bad either.

Although, with 1st year chem (esp 1st semester) almost everybody gets overwhelmed by the workload and content and freaks out and think they'll fail, but most pass in the end. I was absolutely convinced I was going to fail CHEM1011 after the final exam, but I miraculously got a 68, probably thanks to the easy marks in computer assignments and labs.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Omie Jay said:
maybe see the chem department about it.

But you have until tomorrow (31st march) to drop the course without financial or academic penalty. Keep that in mind if you cant change your tute
i would love to drop it altogether - if it wasn't compulsory. :(

If you absolutely need your dose of Anna Choy you might see her tutoring other 1st years in the room adjacent to the computer lab. You can always study there during the tutoring hours and ask her for help. I gotta agree, she's on a completely different level to the other tutors, although the old white lady (forgot her name) wasn't too bad either.

Although, with 1st year chem (esp 1st semester) almost everybody gets overwhelmed by the workload and content and freaks out and think they'll fail, but most pass in the end. I was absolutely convinced I was going to fail CHEM1011 after the final exam, but I miraculously got a 68, probably thanks to the easy marks in computer assignments and labs.
lol. "if you absolutely need your dose of anna choy". i don't, i just happen to already know someone (her) who's a better tutor than the person i have.

yeah, i'm hoping the labs and computer assignments will help me scrape by - weird because in high school i was great with the theory part of science and i sucked at practicals. for chem, it's the other way round. :rolleyes:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Physics is notorious for its high exam fail rate, yet a good proportion of students end up passing.

If you put in the effort you will get the marks.

Uncle

Banned
HSC

Anna Choy is one of my favourite asian staff members.
She is one of the few asians who actually has a clear regular Australian accent I can acutally understand, besides my Mechanics of Solids tutor.

Physics is notorious for its high exam fail rate, yet a good proportion of students end up passing.

If you put in the effort you will get the marks.
This is true.
I thought I was headed for failure but in the end I accumulated enough marks for a bit more than just a pass.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
anna choy the tv presenter?

ShadowSwifter

HSC
hey anyone attending tomorrow's Peer mentoring session? the 3-4pm one. if so can you please tell me where we suppose to meet?

thanks

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
How long will it take for people to get the result for a computer marked test?

Justina

HSC
Anyone know if there are some microwaves available somewhere for students to use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)