The Truman Show (1 Viewer)

jodes_w

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else is studying the Truman Show, for imagery, and if u are do u know any good related texts? i need two related texts that i can compare with The Truman show! thanks for your help!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hey man i did the truman show for last year's hsc - and i got notes and stuff but i think everything's changed

why r u studying the truman show? if its for the same reason as me, then i think my stuff will be of use.

Winston

HSC
i had some related texts, btw do u want the truman show vcd? lol i got a spare copy that i dont want.

Pen269

I would love any notes on The Truman show we are doing it next term. i guess i should watch the video soon!!!

Merforga

Oh man we're doing the Truman Show and the teacher has LOADED us with notes!!!! I have a whole stack of them ^^. If anyone wants i can scan them in for you =).

Regarding related texts, these ones the teacher gave us are EXCELLENT:

Ed TV Directed by Ron Howard
Wag The Dog Directed by someone o_O
My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance
And i have 2 newspaper articles too =)

Basically anything which manipulates the audience with image can be used and linked back to Truman. Reality shows with a "twist" like The Resort and that can be used to but arent the best. Hope this helps! If you need those Truman notes Pm me and i'll be more than happy to post them up ^^

elyse111

yeh i am doing an assessment on the truman show for image right now. its about writing and representing. basically we have to make up a transcript of an interview with peter wier discussing some things and then have to use one of the key themes of the movie to make a visual representation. just wondering if anyone has any good themes that i could use???

jillybean

jillybean
HSC
leunig cartoons, benetton video, pleasantville is really good,
we just did image, if you have study guides look in them coz at the back they sometimes have related texts.

RUBLEET

HSC
Merforga said:
Oh man we're doing the Truman Show and the teacher has LOADED us with notes!!!! I have a whole stack of them ^^. If anyone wants i can scan them in for you =).

Regarding related texts, these ones the teacher gave us are EXCELLENT:

Ed TV Directed by Ron Howard
Wag The Dog Directed by someone o_O
My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance
And i have 2 newspaper articles too =)

Basically anything which manipulates the audience with image can be used and linked back to Truman. Reality shows with a "twist" like The Resort and that can be used to but arent the best. Hope this helps! If you need those Truman notes Pm me and i'll be more than happy to post them up ^^
hey this is rubal.i am doing the hsc this year, and i think ur notes will be helpful for me.is there any way that i can have those notes.u can contact me if u wnt to gimme the notes.my email is rubal316@hotmail.com

simone1987

HSC
standard english

tooheyz said:
hey man i did the truman show for last year's hsc - and i got notes and stuff but i think everything's changed

why r u studying the truman show? if its for the same reason as me, then i think my stuff will be of use.
hey,
i am studying the truman show and i have to find related texts,
write a review and present in the context of a television movie review show.
any notes would be a great help.

BasketCase

ヴァネッサちゃん
HSC
still images

does anyone have any stills from Truman??

if you do could you please post them up??
thanx.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
big brother is a good related material
plus if u can get ur hands on the truman show study guides then i recommend it
it really helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)