The University of Newcastle Art Society (ArtSoc) (1 Viewer)

.....licious

HSC
Calling all creative minded!
The University of Newcastle Art Society (ArtSoc) would like to invite you to join them on their quest to build a more creative world. We want to make the UoN a creative hub full of creative things and creative individuals. The society is brand spanking new, so we are looking for members from all over the university.

Tell you mum, tell to friends, visit our website (ArtSoc - The University of Newcastle Art Society) and join us on our facebook + twitter pages to keep up-to date with whats going on.

Last edited:

.....licious

HSC
look, i hate to rain on this parade, but could you please make sure information banners have correct spelling/grammar?
Yeah kinda reflects badly. What sort of art are you looking for anyway?
Great! Well you being bothered to let me know that my spealing & grama (those two are just for you!) are terrible tells me two things:
a) you have enough some spare time to tell me my spelling is terrible
b) you might actually slightly care about what goes on in your university

So I extend this invitation to you both. Help me bring colour to the University of Newcastle. I can't do it by myself. Particularly since I'm on a deadline to setup the society before the end of the semester so it can have a presence a o-week. Your sophistication is exactly what the Art Society needs to become a success!

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Great! Well you being bothered to let me know that my spealing & grama (those two are just for you!) are terrible tells me two things:
a) you have enough some spare time to tell me my spelling is terrible
b) you might actually slightly care about what goes on in your university

So I extend this invitation to you both. Help me bring colour to the University of Newcastle. I can't do it by myself. Particularly since I'm on a deadline to setup the society before the end of the semester so it can have a presence a o-week. Your sophistication is exactly what the Art Society needs to become a success!
:uhoh:

Nah, it's good to see some students getting in there and forming some faculty-oriented societies and clubs. Good onya matey!

Although it seems a bit ambiguous as to what ArtSoc stands for. I understand it's about creativity, although to draw student into becoming part of your society, you'll need to expand on this to how it involves the students.

1. What will you be creative with exactly?
2. How will it impact on students?
3. Do you have contacts with staff that could be linked into the society?
Etc etc.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The most important question: do any of your functions include cheap/free beer?

.....licious

HSC
:uhoh:

Nah, it's good to see some students getting in there and forming some faculty-oriented societies and clubs. Good onya matey!

Although it seems a bit ambiguous as to what ArtSoc stands for. I understand it's about creativity, although to draw student into becoming part of your society, you'll need to expand on this to how it involves the students.

1. What will you be creative with exactly?
2. How will it impact on students?
3. Do you have contacts with staff that could be linked into the society?
Etc etc.

Look buddy, it’s very easy to be critical of other people’s ideas but not that easy to actually come up with your own....

I’ve already thought about all the aspects that will affect the society. Everything is already written down in the draft constitution. I am in no position to be making my carefully crafted ideas public on the internet just so I can justify it with you.

If you want to get involved then you’re more than welcome - email me jeremy@uonartsoc.com

And just to clarify, the society is not faculty orientated. One of the first projects the society will conduct will be digitally orientated - anyone who can create interesting digital works

.....licious

HSC
:eek:

Of course!
And yes I’ve also accounted for that too- it’s all in the constitution. As well as conducting its core functions, the society will organise member orientated social events- which can be pretty much anything. I’ve already got a few ideas that do involve beer– but it would be great to hear yours!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)