The Village (1 Viewer)

frenchie

HSC
Anyone seen this film? The trailer gives a completely wrong impression of what the film will be like...it wasn't heart-stopping stuff but there are moments which get you going - but rarely. For most of the movie the promise of 'horror' is set aside to focus on a love story.

Bryce Dallas Howard is really good as the blind girl, sometimes she made it bearable against the really stiff delivery of Sigourney Weaver and what's his name...ummm...William Hurt...yeah he wasn't that great.

Still the twist at the end is worth the admission, and the fact that you have no clue it is coming makes the film a success overall.

Ciao.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i havnt seen it, but from the trailer i would have guessed it would be a good thriller/horror (whetever)!

u sure ur not desensitised to horror? or did it suck completely?

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I want to see it... my mum saw it and said the ending sucked but the scary bits were good.

Brad

Well, now we kinda have a clue that there is a twist... its not as if we can expect anything else from Shylaman

PhoenixBoy

if ur after a horror flick, see something else. but overall i wouldnt rate it so badly, since it was quite unpredictable, and mildly entertaining.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i heard it's shit.

~Dreamer

HSC
i thouggt the twist was out of this world, but it was under developed, too much time was spent in buiding up unecesary suspence.

meh im so and so about it, it coulda been better

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
It looks alright from the trailers etc.. my friend keeps raving on about it so I'll probably end up seeing it.. I hope its not as shit as you say it..coz it has gotten good reviews

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
William Hurt scares me after watching Jane Eyre last year, so maybe I'll just avoid it entirely.

jarmejames33

i completely agree, the movie is set up to be something it isnt
i thought it lacked in parts but i felt the initial idea of the story was really good

i felt it needed to imporve in the set out tof the script

really interesting though

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
i dont like people to make up my mind for me :D
ill let you know what i tohught when i get back

J

jhakka

I thought it looked good, but then I found out how it ends and it's so bloody stupid. I don't want to see it now.

leathaface

Good movie, good story... but the pacing and the lack of horror made the movie crap... I was disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)