The WEstern Onion (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
drivel or not? crap, bullshit, skewed, true, half-correct, factual?
just wondering if what they said that uws will be like a tafe soon is true or not?
they are certainly cutting alot of facilities/funds, my units are all fudged

forget

HSC
a lot of the other unis have increased student fees haven't they? UWS hasn't done so just yet. Should that have anything to do with the cutting of the budget?

klh

HSC
that is the reason why uws is cutting corners..tute times cut, casual letures cut, assessments - tried to convince my lecturer to make us do grup instead of indivudaul assignments to save costs. Becasue the student unions campaigned against the 25% increase, uws is forced to do this to some/most units. i dont know aobut your units, but my units a fudged that way. my lecture rom can only fit 110, while there are like 500 of us enrolled on the same campus. forceed us to go at night lectures.

Rayanaldo, the sutdent newspaper the unions printed...thats why i asked if they were true about the tafe thingy. they might just want to boost student support and stuff, although they do many thigsn for us.

klh

HSC
that is the reason why uws is cutting corners..tute times cut, casual letures cut, assessments - tried to convince my lecturer to make us do grup instead of indivudaul assignments to save costs. Becasue the student unions campaigned against the 25% increase, uws is forced to do this to some/most units. i dont know aobut your units, but my units a fudged that way. my lecture rom can only fit 110, while there are like 500 of us enrolled on the same campus. forceed us to go at night lectures.

Rayanaldo, the sutdent newspaper the unions printed...thats why i asked if they were true about the tafe thingy. they might just want to boost student support and stuff, although they do many thigsn for us.

what do you think uws should do? increase fees? i mena if we are going this way, it only going to impact our learning.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If I get one more group assignment, I'm seriously going to scream - there has definately been a dramatic increase in the number of group projects (damn :mad: ).

Anyways, fees are reasonable - i mean they could increase them a little bit - but UWS has always promoted itself as an affordable uni for everyone - which was why they didn't raise the HECS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)