The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
Grrr!!!
The music in our store is broken and has been for ages! I wish they would fix it. It was good at first having no old music and the woolworths song playing every 20 minutes, but now I want it back. At night when there is hardly anyone around its sooooo weird hahaha.

They said the problem was with the service desks connection to the P.A or something. And coz its a master mic it doesnt play the music.

Its funny people are trying to sell stuff, if you press the button on the mic they cant talk!! hahahaha

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
What does service cashier involve? It's not just being a check-out chick is it?

Anyone know the rate for 15 yo service cashier?

langlece

HSC
What does service cashier involve? It's not just being a check-out chick is it?

Anyone know the rate for 15 yo service cashier?
Service Cashier is mainly just being a check-out chick. As you're there longer and make friends with the supervisors, you'll be able to do more fun jobs like Stock and Smokeshop, but you have to 'do your time' on the registers first.

It really takes a certain type of person to do it though, I actually think Deli works better as a first job. Just personally. In my limited Deli experience it's not quite as tedious.

From memory, a 15 year old cashier on probation rates gets around $9 at hour, give or take a few cents.

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
Personally, I find checkouts better than Deli... whilst theres alot more downtime, I could never get used to it... maybe I'm just too cautious around fresh food, but I think Checkouts is better to work in.. then again, I've been there 4 1/2 years, so I'm up there doing the 'fun' jobs =P

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Govt has confirmed we can't open on Easter Sunday. Don't know if that is good or bad? Makes no difference to me, as I will have to be in there anyway for 9 hours putting up the ends. Yay for public holiday rates!

dux&src

HSC
Service Cashier is mainly just being a check-out chick. As you're there longer and make friends with the supervisors, you'll be able to do more fun jobs like Stock and Smokeshop, but you have to 'do your time' on the registers first.

It really takes a certain type of person to do it though, I actually think Deli works better as a first job. Just personally. In my limited Deli experience it's not quite as tedious.

From memory, a 15 year old cashier on probation rates gets around $9 at hour, give or take a few cents.
what about if it's a part-time position?
what does 'deli' involve?
How many people should I expect for the group interview?
What's the minimum hours for a shift at woolworths?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Govt has confirmed we can't open on Easter Sunday. Don't know if that is good or bad? Makes no difference to me, as I will have to be in there anyway for 9 hours putting up the ends. Yay for public holiday rates!
i'm not sure, but the SDA has a notice that seems to suggest that given easter sunday isnt technically a public holiday, you'll only get sunday rates. will check the award.

edit: see page 29 of http://www.workplaceauthority.gov.au/docs/CAs/CAUN073854747.pdf, Easter Sunday not a public holiday, sorry.

Last edited:

dux&src

HSC
Would a part-time service cashier/checkout chick at woolworths really suit a 15 yo?

greekgun

HSC
lol i dont think any1 would offer a 15 year old part time due to the fact that someone that young will b fairly volatile.

dux&src

HSC
part time definately no. just go casual...
don't think i could :( the job description is part-time ...and i would want to have it ...
We have a few 15 year olds, who seem to enjoy it
Alright yay! So they do employ 15 year olds for part-time positions..

lol i dont think any1 would offer a 15 year old part time due to the fact that someone that young will b fairly volatile.
awww but townie said there were some 15 year olds at his workplace..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
to be fair tho, my manager just loves ppt staff, and would have everybody on them if she could

greekgun

HSC
Well im sure if u showed that u worked hard, ad were consistent and said yes to like all the shifts they gave u - then u might be looked at for PPT. But im sure the managers would like their PPT to be consistent and non volatile which are ussualy traits found in older workers than younger workers. Not to say that younger workers arent good workers.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
As a fifteen year old on probation I was only on around about $6.50 an hour... as he's going for PPT, I'm assuming it would be around this rate, nowhere NEAR $9 an hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)