The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

djhol4

HSC
N/A
Is that for Customer Accounts?

We have 1 customer account at our store, haha it makes it incredibly easy :)

Tapatalk is actually so much better to post from on my phone.

EDIT: I looked up the official staff discount card policy on Storenet, I'm fairly sure we are 'officially' supposed to hold the discount card, or at least not allow it to be scanned, if it someone else other than the cardholder using it.
Yes! thats the one we have a fair few customer accounts unfortunatley... could u take me through the steps again? apparently im gunna be doing the next one and I swear its all left my head already haha :S

sb26

HSC
How do you guys deal with difficult customers who slip over on grapes?
[...]
I had no idea what to say to that and the duty manager was no help either. He didn't require assistance. I was tempted to offer him a wish gift card or something ($3 voucher may have been a bit of an insult) but he ended up leaving.
Be careful! Customer accidents are really serious, and there are incident reports involved and a proper process... If it happens again, you should tell the customer to call your store manager the next morning and handle it properly. They are serious about this, they made us put up those signs about loose grapes everywhere.

Yes! thats the one we have a fair few customer accounts unfortunatley... could u take me through the steps again? apparently im gunna be doing the next one and I swear its all left my head already haha :S
Check the customer's ID against the name on the list. You should have a folder with letters from the organisations with accounts that have the name and signature of the people authorised to purchase for that account.

You start by putting through the transaction as Misc. Tender. It prints out a receipt and automatically prints out a duplicate one too - one copy of the receipt goes to the customer (cross out the words 'tax invoice' at the top) and the other you keep for the till.

Fill out the form - the important details are the account number, name, register and transaction number, transaction total and the GST amount. The form requires you to get someone else to check and sign, so make sure you are doing that as well. Then the customer signs. They get the white copy, green copy goes with the duplicate receipt and is pulled out and stuck in the till, and the yellow copy stays in the book.

There's a minimum $20.00 per transaction I think and they can usually do as many as they need however frequently. There's no problem with people using EDR cards as far as I have learned,... but for business I'd recommend to the customer that they didn't as it could be against their own business policy (earning personal qantas points from a business expense).

djhol4

HSC
N/A
Awsomeeee shouldn't be a problem now, I'll be the only operator who knows how to do this now hehe, if I don't get numbers by the end of the year I'll swear I'll quit...

nanakid12

HSC
Be careful! Customer accidents are really serious, and there are incident reports involved and a proper process... If it happens again, you should tell the customer to call your store manager the next morning and handle it properly. They are serious about this, they made us put up those signs about loose grapes everywhere.
I think I was a bit shocked that he called me a c*nt to be honest. I hardly ever get customers speak to me like that.

I wrote it down on the sweeping log as to what happened. But I will ask the CSM tomorrow what the proper procedures are.

seilk5

HSC
N/A
So I just had a phone interview about 5 minutes ago that I was completely not expecting (didn't know woolworths give phone interviews) so I kind of stumbled over the questions. I have been having a sore throat this week as well so my voice sounded a bit bad and I am really nervous about it.

Are they supposed to give me a date at the end of the phone call about the next interview? They said they would email me later about my application. Does this mean I failed?

Last edited:

T_Knight

HSC
So I just had a phone interview about 5 minutes ago that I was completely not expecting (didn't know woolworths give phone interviews) so I kind of stumbled over the questions. I have been having a sore throat this week as well so my voice sounded a bit bad and I am really nervous about it.
Congrats on the interview, guessing that the block on recruitments by HR ended. As long as you were able to give reasonable responses to what they wanted to here (like safety first, proactive customer service, thorough cash handling) you'll move onto the next stage (nerves & minor stumbling are expected by them). What happens is you'll get an email within a week saying if you've been selected for a group/one-on-one interview or have been rejected. Good luck. :smile:

And ignore that random - getting in these days is difficult due to the volume of candidates applying year round (we get like 15-20 walk-in resumes a week STILL even though its been exclusively handled by HR online for ages)

Katebrunner

HSC

Are they supposed to give me a date at the end of the phone call about the next interview? They said they would email me later about my application. Does this mean I failed?
Don't be too nervous, as long as your not a total dick you should get through to the next stage (and if you ARE a total dick they'll offer you a management position lol!). Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

caleb136

HSC
Hello to all you fellow woolworthians out there!
Bit of an update for me. I had an interesting conversation with another SM when she was doing her shopping in self serve, and I asked if she needed anymore supervisors over at her store, and she said she was screaming out for more, so I asked if she would have me over there, and she said she would love to, and wants me as a 3IC!. The next day I put in my transfer then called her, and she said she accepted it! So that draws the question, what exactly does a Service 3IC do, especially as the store I'm going to such a small store, our store doesn't really have one. Do they have a specific job or just like a head supervisor? Also do they have to get that new uniform with the white shirt and tie etc. And will the other supervisors/operators look down on me because I'm only part time/18/still at uni. (The CSM is only doing 36 hours a week and 2IC does around 25) Feeling a bit nervous but excited at the same time! :)

BSammy

HSC
as far as I understand it's a kind of unofficial position but it's basically a slightly higher up supervisor than the others. you will most likely just wear normal uniform, not the white shirts.

no specific special duties unless you're given some by the csm

djhol4

HSC
N/A
does everything on the service desk computer require privilidges? or can u look up previous transaction details etc, or reprint receipts with out bein asked for a log in?

Katebrunner

HSC
Hello to all you fellow woolworthians out there!
Bit of an update for me. I had an interesting conversation with another SM when she was doing her shopping in self serve, and I asked if she needed anymore supervisors over at her store, and she said she was screaming out for more, so I asked if she would have me over there, and she said she would love to, and wants me as a 3IC!. The next day I put in my transfer then called her, and she said she accepted it! So that draws the question, what exactly does a Service 3IC do, especially as the store I'm going to such a small store, our store doesn't really have one. Do they have a specific job or just like a head supervisor? Also do they have to get that new uniform with the white shirt and tie etc. And will the other supervisors/operators look down on me because I'm only part time/18/still at uni. (The CSM is only doing 36 hours a week and 2IC does around 25) Feeling a bit nervous but excited at the same time! :)
We have a 3ic in my store and she is pretty much the same as the other supervisors except she is in charge when the csm and 2ic aren't there, and sometimes she has extra responsibilities when one of them goes on holiday. I don't think its actually an official title. She is pretty much the only nice supervisor we have lol.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

the way to go

HSC
How do you guys deal with difficult customers who slip over on grapes? ... I had no idea what to say to that and the duty manager was no help either. He didn't require assistance. I was tempted to offer him a wish gift card or something ($3 voucher may have been a bit of an insult) but he ended up leaving.
you should have taken as many details as possible (inc his name & ph#, location in store, any witness details, what he slipped on (not always grapes), what they injured, how they fell, as much as humanly possible (could be the difference between winning and losing a court case)) these details should then be entered into the PULSE system by your/a manager.
Somewhere at you service desk you should also have "Customer Care Team" (something along those lines) business cards with a big phone number on the front, give them one and tell them if they have any issues or injuries contact that number and they'll take care of them

the standard of people at woolworths is pretty low so provided you're under the minimum wage (ie under 18) they'll hire you.
not always, my store seems to only ever have a max of one person under 18 at any time

assuming your username is your real name, and thats a real photo, you'd better watch what you post if you plan on keeping your job...

Store services is not an advancement unless it's SSO. There is no one department that is more advanced than another, am I right?
Theres no promotions from SSO, from other departments you can work you way up.
so if anything, even though more knowledge is required, SSO is less advanced than other departments.

Katebrunner

HSC
assuming your username is your real name, and thats a real photo, you'd better watch what you post if you plan on keeping your job...
Lol I'm into running, hence the name. Although my first name really is Kate, just like about a thousand wollies employees. Those monkeys won't catch me.

nanakid12

HSC
Does anyone have a date for the new uniforms yet? I've torn all three of my others (of course, all three in the last two months) and managed to patch them up but they won't be lasting much longer!

Anyone know yet?

I ordered mine in October last year

T_Knight

HSC
Does anyone have a date for the new uniforms yet? I've torn all three of my others (of course, all three in the last two months) and managed to patch them up but they won't be lasting much longer!

Anyone know yet?

I ordered mine in October last year
nanakid, they will be mass shipped by Total Image Group to all stores at the end of February. Got an email from them the other week about it when my order had to be adjusted (wanted short sleeve and for one reason or another, they put longsleeve on the invoice). Won't be long guys :jump:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)