The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

sylo

HSC
So I got my green longlife polo shirts this week, the fit is really really awkward. I'm thinking about sending them back and just going to Lowes and getting some dark green polo's from them, which are probably cheaper too. Has anyone in Longlife/Nightfill done this?

the way to go

HSC
ok, so i've been put in charge of training some new supervisors
and i really wanna make sure i haven't forgotten anything on my list and there doesn't seem to be much help on storenet unless you're looking up specifics so....

What would be on your list of things every supervisor MUST know?
and what would be on your list of things supervisors SHOULD know, but most/some don't?

i want these guys and gals to be excellent, they gotta step up big time soon!

@sylo depends on your store i'd say, at mine you'd be sent home
uniform companies choose specific shades of colours for a reason - they're not commonly available in other stores - so you probably wouldn't be able to get the exact same shade and it'd be pretty obvious that you weren't wearing the proper shirt, and besides, if you're gonna send them back, why not just exchange them for the right size instead?

BSammy

HSC
i'll skip the basics, and say one thing they'll hopefully never have to use but should have at least a vague idea about is manual eft for when the lines are down. where to find the phone numbers and your stores merchant number and all that rubbish.

nanakid12

HSC
I would agree with the EFT manual process. I also think training them properly with regards to scanning policies, there have been supervisors at our store who don't even look at the ticket properly and just assume it's a scanning policy when it's not.

My biggest priority when supervising is the peoples breaks! I used to hate it when the supervisor forgot my break which happened so often, so that is my priority.

Katebrunner

HSC
Bit of excitement in store today as a pro photographer is coming in to take headshots of the managers for the manager on duty sign. My CSM is out at the saloon having her hair done and when she gets back I'm going to help her with her makeup. Very exciting. Everyone looks really nice, the ASM keeps looking at himself in any shiny surface he can find haha!!

nanakid12

HSC
Anyone else frustrated by the reward card issue? We got a corecomm saying only to scan reward cards at the end of the transaction, as it's causing the checkouts to run slower if scanned mid-transaction (seems like there's a delay in the system checking if each product has a reward card promotion after each product is scanned).

Anyway I'm sick of it.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Anyone else frustrated by the reward card issue? We got a corecomm saying only to scan reward cards at the end of the transaction, as it's causing the checkouts to run slower if scanned mid-transaction (seems like there's a delay in the system checking if each product has a reward card promotion after each product is scanned).

Anyway I'm sick of it.
Totally agree.

Katebrunner

HSC
Some clown keeps coming into our store (we think he's an ex employee of another store) and saying stuff on the PA.

Some of the things he has said:
* all staff, service 100 (when its really quiet)
* all staff, service 69
* all longlife staff to the store room please
* Barack Obama to the service desk please
* attention customers, there is a 2 for 1 special on all condoms and lube.

He's such a jackass. We haven't been able to catch him yet, he must take off as soon as he makes the announcement. The SM really wants to catch him.

nanakid12

HSC
That's sort of funny. Do you have mics/phones in places that are easily accessible to customers?

caleb136

HSC
Hmmm things every supervisor needs to know, well this is my list based on most important first:
Use of the SVR menu (Spot check, Telco Check, refunds, RTC, etc.) and how to do these CORRECTLY
When/how/who to call for Priority 1's
How to plan for lunch breaks and tea breaks
How to answer the phone
How to do Britex/Rugdoctor on storenet
Using office (EJ, Register Over/Short, Unrecalled Save trans, Force sign)
How to use the EFT fallback system/doing manual EFT
Gap Scan, Negatives and other smokeshop inventory on ISIS (if you dont have a separate smokeshop assistant)
Other office reports (e.g voids, refunds) if needed
Making ad-hocs
Corecomms
Everyday Money
Using StoreNet

Aaaand thats all I can think of if you want them to be trained up well, other than that I think being a good supervisor just takes a lot of practice.

nanakid12

HSC
Anyone know if woolies still supply the silver mics for the PA? Two of them have button broken in our store, want to replace them cos they sound so much better than the phone

Katebrunner

HSC
That's sort of funny. Do you have mics/phones in places that are easily accessible to customers?
Yep we've got a mic near the storeroom entrance. We almost caught him yesterday, he paged "all produce staff to the meeting room for mandatory sexual harassment training, bring a cucumber" and the meat manager saw him and yelled at him but he ran out.

T_Knight

HSC
Haha, yeah def must be an ex-employee cause our store has one out the back as well, but theres pretty much always someone thereabouts.

With the silver chrome PAs, you'd think there would have spare parts available for repairs but for frontend/service, i doubt they'd even bother to replace cause they're part of the old-style store fittings. Our old silver mics broke down a while back as well - the black push-to-talk buttons had all fallen off and the remaining stick-button underneath became stuck and completely unusable. So instead of repairing, it was simply shut it off and switched over to the newer black 'gooseneck' P.A mics which sit on the desktop.

Oh, and how do you use the phone to make announcements on the PA? cause i swear our ones have never been able to do it, despite saying it can on the handset.

nanakid12

HSC
Gooseneck ones? Our store was built in 2007 so we have a mixture of new/old shit. It's getting pretty old now though.

Dial 999 on the phone, it'll PA. :)

User5555555

HSC
Some clown keeps coming into our store (we think he's an ex employee of another store) and saying stuff on the PA.

Some of the things he has said:
* all staff, service 100 (when its really quiet)
* all staff, service 69
* all longlife staff to the store room please
* Barack Obama to the service desk please
* attention customers, there is a 2 for 1 special on all condoms and lube.

He's such a jackass. We haven't been able to catch him yet, he must take off as soon as he makes the announcement. The SM really wants to catch him.
I need someone to teach me how to access the PA now. Also, someone teach me the language used on the PA system so I don't sound like an idiot who doesn't know what he's saying when doing so. Hahah.

nanakid12

HSC
What do you mean access the PA? Dial 999 on the phone to get through.

Usually it's like "*staff name*, *service code* to *location (aisle 8?)*", repeat it twice.

So like, Billy Job, Service 20 to the service desk please, Billy, service 20 to the service desk.

That's how I do it anyway

the way to go

HSC
the full list from here last time we discussed it

Service 0: Look around and Clean Up
Service 10: Supervisor Required
Service 15: Visitor
Service 20: Customer Service Required
Service 30: Telephone Call
Service 40: Price Check
Service 50: First Aid
Service 60: Spill / Clean Up
Service 70: Emergency Evacuation
Service 80: Bins
Service 90: Important Call for Manager
Service 100: Security
Service 200: Product Withdrawal
edit:
the list according to the stickers in my store
10 Service Supervisor Required
20 Customer Service Required
30 Telephone Call
40 Price Check
50 First Aid Attendant Required
60 Spillage or Breakage
70 Building Emergency
80 Waste Clearance – Bins Open
90 Phone Call for Store Manager
100 Security
200 Product Recall or Withdrawal

Last edited:

proflayton

HSC
Yep we've got a mic near the storeroom entrance. We almost caught him yesterday, he paged "all produce staff to the meeting room for mandatory sexual harassment training, bring a cucumber" and the meat manager saw him and yelled at him but he ran out.

I cried reading this
Hilarious

Isaia

HSC
Hi all.
Does anyone have external access to StoreNet and able to post me a document?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)