The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

proflayton

HSC
When I was working at a butcher shop and a lady asked for 10 kilos of lamb breast. I told her i can get 9.8 or 10.6 which one would you like she said 10.6. because u noe because you can't get exactly 10 kilos. and then she got the shits with me and told the boss. ske kept saying i want ten kilos. i told her the price and she said that not the price you get for 10 kilos. and i said look i'll pay the difference out of my pocket and then she got shitty and walked away.

nanakid12

HSC
Cool story bro

We had a customer go ballistic at us the other day because there was a checkout line that he had to wait two seconds for.

BSammy

HSC
sick tonight, felt guilty when i called, especially cause i know they will almost certainly not find someone to replace it because we tried last night, but fuck em, i feel like shit.

T_Knight

HSC
Exactly. Deli manager was having yarn about this the other week : "if you get sick at work, give it back to as many customers as possible, cause they gave it to you in the first place" lol.
Also don't wanna use up any sick leave unless very ill...cause it feels like SL hours accumulate way slower than it used to.

BSammy

HSC
i'm pretty sure yeah, i don't know how they calculate extra for part time doing flex up, i'll see if i can work it out in like 2 months time when i get mine.

edit: except in your first year it accumulates weekly then.

Last edited:

T_Knight

HSC
That would explain why my SL has been accruing weekly. Found out today that our full-time service 2IC has never used a sick day in her 7 years, so has around 350 hours in sick leave haha - good luck trying to use that up. Always thought it was easier for women to take sickies cause they can use the "I'm have my periods" reason. No offense ladies.

But yeah, noticing lots of staff took their annual leave immediately after July 1 - holes everywhere on our store roster across all departments.

BSammy

HSC
i think we had it happen a little before i started today, don't know the details, think it was to do with EDR bonus things.

BSammy

HSC
Not liking the design of it. When i first saw it, immediate thoughts were a cross between an everyday rewards card (the orange) and a wish gift card (heart & hands). The current maroon design rocks - looks wayyyyyyy more professional because it conveys "exclusivity" lol. When you pull that baby of your wallet/purse, customers reactions behind are like "woah, what is thhhhhhhhhhat?" haha
having seen them now i like how they are special shiny.

T_Knight

HSC
Wooooo! Got my income tax refund AND a 30c payrise this past week! We're goin to Vegas baby.

In other news, had a 50-something male customer come up to the service desk the other day and ask "Excuse me mate, how much is Jamie's table?". I said "Well, all the prices are displayed next to each of the ingredients and supplies needed to make the recipes at home". He replied "no, no, no …. i wanna know how much is it for THE TABLE?" ahhhhhhhh o……kay. "Well sir, thats not for sale im afraid but there IS a fantastic furnitures not far from here". "I pay you cash for it!!!!" *pulls out a stack of $50s*. Poor bugger, he really wanted the table lol. #gottalovecustomerenquiries

T_Knight

HSC
More 'fun' today. Had 2 rogue pigoens fly around our store today. Always thought those birs where they were flying… guess not. If there were any poop marks around, we didnt find them lol. Then during my tea break, spotted some old lady pushing around a trolley with her puppy dog in it (common sense people!)

T_Knight

HSC
Anyone noticing that a substantial number of customers are STILL signing when paying by credit card instead of pin or paypass?? Gonna be lolz come this Friday the 1st when they won't be able to pay. Oh and i wouldn't want to be heading to the bank that day either. :cool2:

Hopefully they all 'eventually' get around to setting up a pin number at the last minute. Otherwise, prepare for LOTS of void transactions and grocery shelf returns (whoever gets called to do cold returns, i feel for you mate).a

nanakid12

HSC
Great. I work Friday night and all day Saturday.

Has there been a Corecomms about this or anything? Might have to make up a PA announcement to say every fifteen minutes....

T_Knight

HSC
Haven't read corecomms, but i did here mention of plenty of signage at all points-of-sale (including SCO and express) to remind customers that credit -> sign is no longer an accepted payment method. And that all terminals will have temporary "pin wise" displays stuck on them to further explain to tap or pin only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)