The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

bernie14

HSC
We don't close so we don't need those PA announcements haha, expect when I worked Christmas Eve night.

FrontendFreak

HSC
We got a new PA microphone after like 2 years of not having one! It's so loud and I spoke into it this morning for my service zero call at 8am. Needless to say, any workers who weren't completely awake definitely woke up at that point :p

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I wanna hear more stories, I like them, keep them coming.

T_Knight

HSC
what is part time pay for 18 yo at woolies?
Normal ordinary rate is $20.14/hr, but you'll be on junior employee rate which when your 18yo is 70% of the full wage rate.
So that works out to be... 20.14 x 70% = $16.11 (yeah, its not much :p)

This is subject to change however as the current Woolies EBA is about to expire and new wage rates & labour conditions/entitlements will be renegotiated between woolies & the union this year in June.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
We have some incredibly impatient front end staff, I think. :) 'Attention customers... this store will be closing in 15 minutes, please finalise your purchases and make your way to the open locations... etc.' Rinse and repeat for 10 minutes, 5 minutes and finally closing time. Then the inevitable customers who feel that 15 odd hours in a day to do their shopping isn't enough will necessitate: 'Attention customers as the time is now PAST closing... etc.' :)

My favourite way to get rid of customers after closing is to drag pallets down into the aisles and block them up nicely! :D It's entirely legitimate too, as it's by far and away the fastest way for the nightftill team to fill the pallets. Two people to an aisle and BOOM! :)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I wanna read more stories on employees and dealing with customers and other problems!

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
My stories suck. Haha nothing interesting happens at my store except bitching. I am one day going to get a job in TV and create a soap opera about grocery store work.

Here's a story of me being a smart ass: a customer asked me "What's the difference between Winfield Blue 25s and 30s?"

I said... "Uhhh, well the 30s have a few more smokes?"

He shook his head while his wife cracked up [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
lol'ed

I've seen a lot of your posts on here and it shows me that your dedicated to this thread. How many years have you worked and what is your current position at Woolworths and what is your future looking like (where do you want to see yourself and do do next?) :D

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Yeah, a career change is good they say. If you have the motivation then do it!

...Any expensive things you dropped/broke that happened when you were working?

FrontendFreak

HSC
We have a relief service manager at the moment and he's making everyone stay on only one register for their whole entire shift. He comes from a new store and our store is so old. Express is connected to cigarette counter and we have no self serve. It's beyond a joke trying to supervise the frontend when there's sometimes just 2 or even one person in express and smokeshop. He's trying to find out why our registers are so out, but it's frustrating having only 3 express (which includes myself serving on one, so when I need to go off and do things, there's 2 people there and like 4 people on mains. My staff are so lazy that they don't grab people from express and put them through their empty mains unless I tell them to. Needless to say, the setup isn't working and I can't wait till my actual service manager comes back from leave.

T_Knight

HSC
...Any expensive things you dropped/broke that happened when you were working?
I feel like this question was just tailor-made for me haha. Geez, where do I start?

• Broke the sign-on fingerprint scanner out of frustration because it kept rejecting my finger like a million times after a VERY long shift (whole store had to sign adjustments ....for an entire week! office girls lost their sh*t)
  • Broke the bail press because it was too full and didnt want to spend 10 mins emptying it out (orange light came on meaning its close to full capacity, gambled by loading it up with rubbish, pressed the button and it plain-old shat itself!!! all these alarms starting blaring out like crazy, and i straight "bailed it" from the backdock hehe)
  • Broke the entrance door due to slamming it shut too forcefully in haste, after a customer attempting to charge through it after past closing. Locksmith was called in the next replace the entire lock mechanism (had to shear off that entire section of the door & re-weld to fix it ... whoops)
  • Broke the bench scanner because i was dumping heavy items onto it, then somehow the laser inside freaked out and shut down - whole unit had to be replaced (reckon this one wasn't my fault, just a defective unit ... srsly)
But even after all these incidents, would still consider myself a consistent and not-so-clumsy worker :p. And thankfully, no recent mishaps to speak of lol.

BSammy

HSC
I feel like this question was just tailor-made for me haha. Geez, where do I start?

• Broke the sign-on fingerprint scanner out of frustration because it kept rejecting my finger like a million times after a VERY long shift (whole store had to sign adjustments ....for an entire week! office girls lost their sh*t)
HATE YOU

(kidding :) )

FrontendFreak

HSC
Someone in our store last Friday night bashed in the finger scanner with their fist. No one knows who did it but it's in the back dock so no customers would have (some stores have theirs out on the floor... Weird.)

I don't know how they are going to find who did it but the entire machine is fucked. Office ladies are mad, brah.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Bump, I wanna hear more interesting stories. I can't seem to get enough of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)