The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
I called in sick anyway but my supervisor asked if I could come in and do the tickets anyway and I said alright. Lol. Least I'll get something this week. :p

HSC
So all the shelves in the cool room are replaces with roll cages, five packed pallets in our tiny cool room mean I need to spend five minutes to maneuver then around so I can open a single cage, and because we always seem to be out of most stock by Friday the shelves outside are barren of almost all the popular stock, so every minute spent contorting my body just to find a box of chicken mince is a minute wasted.

To cap it all off, the person who's supposed to help me with this mess has called in sick.

And now the crescendo - despite complaining all day about the new arrangements, my manager comes to me around 3pm and tell me off, saying I'm working slow and there are too many gaps in the shelves. Now, I've worked my ass off trying to do a decent job in these circumstances, managing to break into a bit of a sweat in the cool room, but when I try to point this out he tells me to stop being a smartarse.

So I ask him what I need to do, and all he has to offer is "work faster". He says one of the old ladies who also works in our department works faster on Sundays than I've been doing today, and when I try to point out she never gets asked to simultaneously unload pallets and keep the shelves stocked, I'm once again told I'm being a smartarse, and he walks out of the room in a huff, and doesn't say another word to me all day.

Now, I'm trying to figure out if I'm in the wrong here, but I'm incredibly pissed off at my manager now, he didn't give a shit about the situation I was in, despite complaining about it earlier in the day, and every time he said I was working too slow, all he had to say was "work faster".

Is it wrong for me to ask for some sort of constructive criticism? Or is that "being a smartarse"?

Anyway, I applied a few days ago for Nightfill at Town Hall, and if I don't get that I'm just going to ask to work in a different department, since my manager was unnecessarily angry and I don't think I can stand to work with him anymore.

nicollette

HSC
yobob said:
You shouldve gotten the pay rates sheet during induction.

15yo should get $9.85
I get paid that, yet I'm 16 :/ You should get a sheet with details of your pay on the manilla folder you get at induction with your ON/OFF job workbooks.

Last edited:

Peartie

HSC
nicollette said:
I always see those nightfill/longlife guys who restack the shelves (well they're mostly guys) either bumming around pretending to do work, chatting away to their co-workers or going outside every 10 minutes and doing shit all. How I envy them.
that was the only good bit of longlife - being able to very easily bludge! At my store on a Saturday when I quit we had about 13 people working Longlife so basically everything was done by about 230, including overs, so we had heaps of time to play footy in the back room or just bum around! and every 30 mins or so pop our heads out into the store to see what was going on

AndromedaAiken said:
Just a quick question. Would they send a staff member home if the staff member is obviously sick?
I went into work once where I didnt go 2 minutes without coughing, after about 1 hour i got fed up with it and just said to the manager Im sick Im going home and he said "finally" :p

Another time I went in and was basically feeling like spewing and after lunch break I was just told go the fuck home - quite literally like that so i said bye, signed out and left :)

Harry778

HSC
I want a recording of the fire alarm. When I first heard it I thought it was a registers goin spaz. First there's a low beeep beep beep, than whoooop whooop whoooop, emergancy emergancy evacuate now!

LOL its soooo funny! It happened as I was going home...should of got my phone out and recorded it lol!

is it the same in every store?

HSC
Harry778 said:
I want a recording of the fire alarm. When I first heard it I thought it was a registers goin spaz. First there's a low beeep beep beep, than whoooop whooop whoooop, emergancy emergancy evacuate now!

LOL its soooo funny! It happened as I was going home...should of got my phone out and recorded it lol!

is it the same in every store?
From what I remember from the beginning of the year (when my centre got evacuated), it sounds the same. Although our recording isn't store-based, its centre based.
Maybe there's just default fire alarms used around the country?

nicollette

HSC
Peartie said:
that was the only good bit of longlife - being able to very easily bludge! At my store on a Saturday when I quit we had about 13 people working Longlife so basically everything was done by about 230, including overs, so we had heaps of time to play footy in the back room or just bum around! and every 30 mins or so pop our heads out into the store to see what was going on
Mmm, wish I had applied for longlife but its all pretty physical I imagine, and I have a hard time just standing at the registers for longer then 2 hours so. If I wanted to change departments, could I ask? Eh..I'm pretty content with registers actually, its just the odd customer that does my head in. I found myself telling this old hag to shutup today hahaha, then she complained to her husband..I hate it when you ask how they are, and they don't respond and give you attitude. Which is why I commited the sin of putting the customer last he he and yelling obscenities at her :D

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
Yea, theres definately a default, I remember the best PA call at my school being the Vice Principal, in the perfect Deadpan voice saying:

"The fire drill will commence shortly, once you hear a "Whoop. Whoop. Whoop." sound, evacuate immediately"

The Whoop Whoop Whoop cracked me up nonstop!

So Townie, I worked 10 hours today, but since Checkouts were shortstaffed as it was, and no RSA trained people were around, I only had 1/2 hour break... who to I annoy to get that 1 (rather, 1 1/2 hours) pay? And if they try and pull a shift, which I know they will... who do I take it up with?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you will only get paid an extra half hour, as tea breaks are paid breaks anyway (so u dont get extra pay for not taking them - unless your manager is feeling particularly nice).

just write an adjustment, there should be an adjustment book right outside the cash office.

so if it were me i'd write

SUN REUTER-TOWN, ALEX R/C *ROSTERED TIME* (1/2 hr break only) *SPACE FOR MANAGERS SIGNATURE* *MY SIGNATURE* *SPACE FOR CASHIER SIGNATURE*

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
KaaN10 said:
I haven't got my finger scan yet when I get it do I still need to fill out the adjustment form?
No unless there are changes to your shift (and technically, if your on a contract, for any shifts outside of your contract)

jas62

HSC
Hey everyone!!

Everyone still enjoying working for woolworths!!! I sure do best company ever! Well i'm thinking of putting a transfer into woolies in Tamworth it's a much busier store than moree i was there the other day and they had like 20checkouts open:jaw: In moree the most is like 11ish hehe. So wondering if anyone here works at tamworth??

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i have to do some training on friday (like the first in-store shift training - they will have already done induction and basic WoWPoS training)

for the new woolies employees out there, what did YOU want to know on your first instore shift? what didnt you get told that would have been nice to know?

HSC
Is it training for registers or another department?

If its for registers, make sure you stress the difference between wanting cash out and wanting change from an amount! I'm sick of explaining to customers whats going on and copping their abuse about it!

nicollette

HSC
KaaN10 said:
After my 8 hour training I didn't get trained for my in store shift they just put me next to a buddy and started serving. I asked about my finger scanner my supervisor said you'll get that eventually. Prior to that the supervisor showed me around the store(cash office, managers office, back rooms, cardbox cruncher, staff rooms etc.)

However the main supervisor wasn't here to do the on job forms, so don't forget that.

Hope I helped.
This was exactly like my first in-store shift. I was chucked on registers straight away to deal with customers, it was all so overwhelming. It would of helped had my supervisor who was supposed to been their had been on registers showing me what to do, then asking if I was okay with everything THEN pairing me up with a buddy to get straight into it.

ytrbut

HSC
townie said:
i have to do some training on friday (like the first in-store shift training - they will have already done induction and basic WoWPoS training)

for the new woolies employees out there, what did YOU want to know on your first instore shift? what didnt you get told that would have been nice to know?
What department? I do inductions for my department (deli), but I figure it'd be different for each one.

I just work out what sort of person they are and play to that. Some people like sarcastic humour, others are uptight. Some look nervous and others confident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)