The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
I had a great night. I managed to shaft the smokeshop operator onto a main for the night, so I spent it in smokeshop. When I came in at 5.30, there were 8 cartons of winfield blue left, no twinpacks, no 20s. At 6.30 I had one left. I was absolutely preparing myself to be abused by the bogan population of perth (considering there was only one carton of choice blue left as well), but that one carton lasted until close! Amazing :)
Sales were excellent, we had met pencil 2 hours before close. We did more than christmas eve. Cigarettes was up 35% on what was forecast - to be expected considering I had absolutely nothing left.

Apparantly I'm in bakery on saturday, there's going to be like a zillion hot cross buns isn't there :| What fun.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
I had a great night. I managed to shaft the smokeshop operator onto a main for the night, so I spent it in smokeshop. When I came in at 5.30, there were 8 cartons of winfield blue left, no twinpacks, no 20s. At 6.30 I had one left. I was absolutely preparing myself to be abused by the bogan population of perth (considering there was only one carton of choice blue left as well), but that one carton lasted until close! Amazing :)
Sales were excellent, we had met pencil 2 hours before close. We did more than christmas eve. Cigarettes was up 35% on what was forecast - to be expected considering I had absolutely nothing left.

Apparantly I'm in bakery on saturday, there's going to be like a zillion hot cross buns isn't there :| What fun.
Yea but your working with me on Saturday so its going to be really fun. :)

Btw that deli 2IC abused me today. Maybe thats partially why I was in a weird mood, as well as uni assignments and how busy Bakery is at Easter probably didn't help either.

Otacon2009

HSC
People go nuts when stores are shut; you'd think everyone was stocking up their bunkers with the amount of crap they buy.
They do because they panic that 95% of the activities they do can't be done on Good Friday or Christmas Day. I support closure of businesses (except for essential services) and gambling not because of Christian beliefs (I'm not aligned to any religion), but because it means for those who think their whole lives revolve around shopping and gambling. Find something else to do, it's only 48 hours (when you include Christmas). Maybe use it to reconnect to people.

Sorry about that. I find it stupid that the before and after Easter/Christmas, people panic about their habits being disrupted and make it up by running through the doors in stampedes the moment they open. People have died as a result of it. I'll leave it before I explode. Happy Easter all.

HSC
Yea but your working with me on Saturday so its going to be really fun. :)

Btw that deli 2IC abused me today. Maybe thats partially why I was in a weird mood, as well as uni assignments and how busy Bakery is at Easter probably didn't help either.
Or maybe because she's an absolute absolute cow. Just saying :p

They do because they panic that 95% of the activities they do can't be done on Good Friday or Christmas Day. I support closure of businesses (except for essential services) and gambling not because of Christian beliefs (I'm not aligned to any religion), but because it means for those who think their whole lives revolve around shopping and gambling. Find something else to do, it's only 48 hours (when you include Christmas). Maybe use it to reconnect to people.

Sorry about that. I find it stupid that the before and after Easter/Christmas, people panic about their habits being disrupted and make it up by running through the doors in stampedes the moment they open. People have died as a result of it. I'll leave it before I explode. Happy Easter all.
But what I find hilarious is that there are IGA supermarkets (and not tiny ones either) around us that ARE open today. So not even a need to panic :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
With the amount of Hot Cross buns I assume you will be making? Rest assured... it will be :)

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Or maybe because she's an absolute absolute cow. Just saying :p

But what I find hilarious is that there are IGA supermarkets (and not tiny ones either) around us that ARE open today. So not even a need to panic :)
Nah that 2IC has become seafood dept manager now.

We have some new male deli 2IC who I hate.

HSC
there's a select few i like. its a small, select group though.

EDIT: i just downloaded my management lecture. topic - conflict in the workplace. maybe i need to have a listen. Yesterday I managed to have a fight with a liquor staff member about checkseals, call my SSM a slut (to his face), and tell my CSM that none of her supervisors actually like her (though she didn't realise i was being dead serious).
irony, lol.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

EDIT: i just downloaded my management lecture. topic - conflict in the workplace. maybe i need to have a listen. Yesterday I managed to have a fight with a liquor staff member about checkseals, call my SSM a slut (to his face), and tell my CSM that none of her supervisors actually like her (though she didn't realise i was being dead serious).
irony, lol.
Conflict in the workplace! Ouch
My CSM is pretty great. I see her as more of a mum figure rather then manager considering I went to school with her daughter :p.
SSM and I also get along well :D

And yesterday I was put on register 6 (second closet to service desk) (register 5 was for CSM/2IC/SSM to jump on when it got busy), so that says something :D
In our store, the further you are from the service desk is considered punishment :p

MMacka

HSC
N/A

irony, lol.
Lol I have something to tell you about that.

So I was putting frozen bake at home rolls onto the shelf and he is on the floor picking up some sticky tape that fell off my box. So I laugh at him because he is on the floor picking up my rubbish and he made a remark "pick it up don't pass it up" or some woolworths lame safety catch phrase.

So anyways as I am walking to the pie cabinet from fresh cream cabinet he is like "really I was just checking this really hot cougar". So I called him a player (since he has kids and a wife and all he does is talk about other women all the time) and he told me he isn't a player. So I didn't know what to say other than to try and change the subject so i'm like "well go and ask *babikakez* then" (obviously I didn't use your online name but for the purposes of anonymity).

So anyways thinking that I had successfully made him leave the topic alone (since I hate it when he brings up other women in the store he thinks are hot) little did I know he would actually talk to you about being a player! Well actually I don't know what he told you but judging from the slut comment I can only assume. ;)

But seriously he was telling me he hides in bakery behind the loose roll cabinet (in our store loose roll cabinet is directly opposite service desk) and looks at you all when you don't know to make sure your "doing the right thing". Then theres that time he changed the main view on the cameras in managers office to the service desk which only happens when he is duty manager.

Last edited:

jrgrs2010

HSC
Thursday was insane, especially for cigarettes... by 2pm we had sold over $16k worth.... there is nothing left

HSC
^^ we did over 20k on cigarettes, and that was with like 45 minutes of trade left.

Lol I have something to tell you about that.

So I was putting frozen bake at home rolls onto the shelf and he is on the floor picking up some sticky tape that fell off my box. So I laugh at him because he is on the floor picking up my rubbish and made a remark "pick it up don't pass it up" or some woolworths lame safety catch phrase.

So anyways as I am walking to the pie cabinet from fresh cream cabinet he is like "really I was just checking this really hot cougar". So I called him a player (since he has kids and a wife and all he does is talk about other women all the time) and he told me he isn't a player. So I didn't know what to say other than to try and change the subject so i'm like "well go and ask *babikakez* then" (obviously I didn't use your online name but for the purposes of anonymity).

So anyways thinking that I had successfully made him leave the topic alone (since I hate it when he brings up other women in the store he thinks are hot) little did I know he would actually talk to you about being a player! Well actually I don't know what he told you but judging from the slut comment I can only assume. ;)

But seriously he was telling me he hides in bakery behind the loose roll cabinet (in our store loose roll cabinet is directly opposite service desk) and looks at you all when you don't know to make sure your "doing the right thing". Then theres that time he changed the main view on the cameras in managers office to the service desk which only happens when he is duty manager.
Haha I already knew he hides in the loose roll section, he's so predictable. Even after we spotted him he keeps doing it. And with the cameras, he rang me last night (from the managers office) and was like "uh, the express line is too long. deal with it, kthnxbi". Well maybe it would be two customers shorter if I didn't have to stop to take that phone call, idiot.

Our SSM and I have the most inappropriate conversations, lol. Last night we were back on the topic of "when I was your age", which is ultimately what led to the "zomg you're such a slut, and you really haven't grown up" comment. I think he was a bit taken aback at first, but meh. He says worse about me, we're even.

He is my most favourite manager ever, even if he is completely useless :p

ytrbut

HSC
Our SSM and I have the most inappropriate conversations, lol. Last night we were back on the topic of "when I was your age", which is ultimately what led to the "zomg you're such a slut, and you really haven't grown up" comment. I think he was a bit taken aback at first, but meh. He says worse about me, we're even.

He is my most favourite manager ever
Hah, that's like me and my STM. He made an exceptionally inappropriate yet joking remark about something to do with my personal life out of jest last night (babikakez, you know the story), and so I proceeded to throw easter eggs at him while he ran away with his hands over his head laughing. I'd shudder to think what the reaction would be if I started pelting my SM or SSM with easter eggs while the store was just shutting, yet he just laughed and said "fair cop, I probably deserved that" with a massive smile on his face.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I throw shortcut bacon at everyone in my department :)

i ninja them . XD
They walk past, and I throw it at them. and sometimes they throw it back. haha
funny thing is, I threw it at my DM, then was serving a customer. DM couldn't see the customer, i turned to look at my DM, and by then, she already threw it and hit me in the face. haha
Customer was laughing.
Me to the customer: and SHE'S the manager! hah

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I throw shortcut bacon at everyone in my department :)

i ninja them . XD
They walk past, and I throw it at them. and sometimes they throw it back. haha
funny thing is, I threw it at my DM, then was serving a customer. DM couldn't see the customer, i turned to look at my DM, and by then, she already threw it and hit me in the face. haha
Customer was laughing.
Me to the customer: and SHE'S the manager! hah
Hahaha nice!
I have this customer that comes in and knows most of the staff, and he always joking around going "do some worrkkkk" when he comes in and what not, lol. So i was walking to the tea room, and he was at Deli, as i was walking past, I said this to him:
"Look at how stupid this dickhead looks with a bakery cap on" whilst pointing at my DM, and he laughed. I'm like, lol that's my manager, and he laughed even harder cause he couldn't believe I just said that to my manager muhahaha..
DM laughed along with us as usual.

Very funny times indeed. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)