The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

Otacon2009

HSC
Anyone in Queensland knows that at the moment that Queensland Health recently changed its payroll system and as a result, staff are not being paid for their services due bugs in the software. The link between Queensland Health and Woolworths? The new QH pay system uses the combined SAP and Workbrain pay system, according to today's Courier Mail. I kinda remember that some stores trialled Workbrain and it was scrapped and Project Phoenix took its place. So is it fair to say that Woolworths was right to not implement Workbrain?

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
I say "$26.45 change, heres your receipt, have a good day!"
That's what I say to every single customer. Is that what you meant by 'counting the change back'?

Cheers :D
Nope. We are meant to go "Thats 20,25,26,26 20,40,5. There`s your receipt. Have a good day. I NEVER do that.

Mannequin25

HSC
I say "$26.45 change, heres your receipt, have a good day!"
That's what I say to every single customer. Is that what you meant by 'counting the change back'?

Cheers :D
you should make sure you always count back change. Its a pet hate of mine lol. So many register shortages can be avoided by making sure you count back your change.
My rule of thumb (and what i teach new operators) is count it as your getting it out of the drawer, recount in your hand, then recount back to the customer.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Bit OTT don't you think?

Sure it's covering your ass but if you take the change from the till carefully, without rushing then surely that is good enough? I never double counted or counted change back to the customers and my tills were hardly ever out.

As a customer, personally I think it is actually annoying when people count out my change for me. But everyone is different.

danberg

HSC
THIS.

This is what I do.

Also, it is good because there has been this lady, scamming young operators who just chuck the change at her (consisting of notes). She'll slip a note in her pocket then show the young operator they short changed her. The operator then gives her an extra note...

So counting the change back to the customer, although it only takes 3 secs, I see as important
THIS.
This is why i always count the notes!
But give the coins first, I was always tought, and from a customers perspective I love it when I get the coins first and the notes on top.

PyroTek

HSC
I always count the change twice to myself, then give coins first, I count cash out back to the customer if it's three notes or more. like "That's 50,100,150,200,250" and put the notes down etc. Obviously.
I have once got an average for MOS, but the rest were "Good"

PyroTek

HSC
Wixxy!!! did you get my SMS today? I epically failed at my goal. as always -_-.
Work was alright though. lol. 0700-1730 today

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Oh shiiiit. I did but was busy and meant to get back to it :/
ahh well always next time for your deli grl :p
Bed time night all

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
you should make sure you always count back change. Its a pet hate of mine lol. So many register shortages can be avoided by making sure you count back your change.
My rule of thumb (and what i teach new operators) is count it as your getting it out of the drawer, recount in your hand, then recount back to the customer.
I do not count the change back like that.
I count the change as I take it out of the door, and count it to myself as i'm holding the till right before I give it to the customer.

I never shortchange or overchange anybody, never have.

HSC
I count the change as I take it out of the drawer. Customers asking for larger amounts of cashout...I normally recount it one more time to make sure I get it right.

I especially hate it when customers (especially Asian ones and I'm Asian lol) give you money and then after you open the till, they give you coins and expect you to calculate how much change you're supposed to give them. SIGH. I have a brain but I don't want to have to crack my brain over this lol.

On a positive note, someone got 100% on mystery shopper last week or month or something. I came in and looked down the corridor (the female toilets and locker rooms are along the corridor and the lunchroom is at the end of it) and saw 100% and I was :O. Should go read the comments when I get the time. And why are 10000000000 different kinds of pears???!!! Our F+V test had like six lol. And in the machine, there's Bosc, Gold Rush, Howell, Josephine, Nashi, Ripe n Ready, Sensation. Did I miss anymore?! How do you differentiate between Bosc and Gold Rush. Cuz the pictures both look the same to me. Same with Howell and Josephine lol.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Look at the stickers?

But I know what you mean with the varities, at the moment we have: Packham, Nashi, Honey Belle, Sugar Pear, Doyenne du Comice, Taylor Gold and Buerre Bosc.

Not by choice, all by allocation, we are trying to tell the Group manager we only want 3 varities but he won't listen.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
give you money and then after you open the till, they give you coins and expect you to calculate how much change you're supposed to give them. SIGH.
FFS! This is so inconsiderate to me and others who are waiting in line. Like, i've spent 6 seconds getting 95c out for the shithead customer then they're like "uhhhhhhhh here is the 5 cents". Then have to dump it back in and recalculate.

Fuckwits.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
^^

lmao I used to refuse to do that with customers....i would come up with some cock and bull story like "Sorry sir but the computer requires I select the exact denominations that I put in and i can't alter that now"

PyroTek

HSC
I don't actually really have a problem with that.

Went out last night, was called in to start at 10 or 10:30 (store manager doesn't mind which) instead of 13:30 like my roster... I guess I'll survive!

Stretford

HSC
hi all.

I have recently got a job at Wooloworths as a perishables assitant. I've done the 8 hour induction and start my first training shift monday.But i'm nervous as hell where do i go? and i don't know what exactly i do as a perishables assitant as i applied for nightfill?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
hi all.

I have recently got a job at Wooloworths as a perishables assitant. I've done the 8 hour induction and start my first training shift monday.But i'm nervous as hell where do i go? and i don't know what exactly i do as a perishables assitant as i applied for nightfill?
Perishables is basically all the cold stuff: frozen meals, eggs, cheese, dairy, etc.
Just go to the service desk and ask to speak to the perishables manager, he will be expecting you anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)