The Woolworths Thread (17 Viewers)

brookie94

HSC
There doesn't need to be and will never be a limit on the amount of items in a sale to limit express people. What there does need to be is a national standard across all stores and signs to go with it saying that express is, XX items or less.

I've always went on having it 12 items or less, i can't ever remember being formally told. But there are no signs and it varies all over the place from whats been said recently in the forum. Next time i'm in at work i'll have a look on storenet. If it was the same everywhere and we had signs it makes it easier to refuse people through express and direct them to self serve or a lane.

Britto
im sorry if i sound like a bitch but can you stop sounding like such a smartass know-it-all?? this is forum is used a lot as a venting place for our ideas that would make us sound like complete idiots irl.. you dont have to keep correcting us and saying stuffs never gunna happen coz i dunno about everyone else.. but its getting on my nerves because we already know its never gunna happen, its just what we do. yep.k.thanks.
kepp posting, you obv know a lot about woolies and can help a lot but stop being a know-it-all when people are just venting.

chandle

HSC
N/A
im sorry if i sound like a bitch but can you stop sounding like such a smartass know-it-all?? this is forum is used a lot as a venting place for our ideas that would make us sound like complete idiots irl.. you dont have to keep correcting us and saying stuffs never gunna happen coz i dunno about everyone else.. but its getting on my nerves because we already know its never gunna happen, its just what we do. yep.k.thanks.
kepp posting, you obv know a lot about woolies and can help a lot but stop being a know-it-all when people are just venting.
I've got no idea what you're talking about, his contributions are just fine, there's no know-it-all tone or anything.

Personally I would rather read intelligent thought-out posts like Britto's, rather than mindless, poorly written venting (not that there is much of that here, anyway).

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
he doesnt have to please just you..kthxbye

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
There doesn't need to be and will never be a limit on the amount of items in a sale to limit express people. What there does need to be is a national standard across all stores and signs to go with it saying that express is, XX items or less.

I've always went on having it 12 items or less, i can't ever remember being formally told. But there are no signs and it varies all over the place from whats been said recently in the forum. Next time i'm in at work i'll have a look on storenet. If it was the same everywhere and we had signs it makes it easier to refuse people through express and direct them to self serve or a lane.

Britto
FTR my store has it at 15 items or less, with signs :spin:
I don't refuse those with >15 items, but I give them a stern warning that for future reference, they will be refused service with that number of items, and then I apologise to the following two customers for the wait time.
Even though we request that all customers come through our "Express" lanes with XX items or less, it is poor practice to refuse to process a sale on the basis of number of items, especially when it (almost) takes less time simply to serve the customer than it does to redirect them to another lane (especially during busy periods).

Just my two cents.

britto89

HSC
Thanks brookie94, I'll take it on board. In relation to the limiting of how many items per sale I was saying its never going to happen because in my opinion it doesn't need to. I see the problem lying in the lack of signage. Signage gives you something to fall back on when dealing with customers. For example, in the liquor department if I refuse service for someone without ID I have a whole lot of signs behind me supporting my decision.

I always found it annoying that when a customer would come through express with a lot of items i wasn't able to tell them its eg: 12 items or less and have the sign to back me up.

Britto

brookie94

HSC
Thanks brookie94, I'll take it on board. In relation to the limiting of how many items per sale I was saying its never going to happen because in my opinion it doesn't need to. I see the problem lying in the lack of signage. Signage gives you something to fall back on when dealing with customers. For example, in the liquor department if I refuse service for someone without ID I have a whole lot of signs behind me supporting my decision.

I always found it annoying that when a customer would come through express with a lot of items i wasn't able to tell them its eg: 12 items or less and have the sign to back me up.

Britto
thats better!! lol sorry i just had to say something, it was just the way you were saying stuff that annoyed me. :)
but yeh, signage needs to be more obvious.. the only thing we really have is a tiny sign up near the lane light that says 15 items or less. but we would be in big trouble if we turned away a customer with more that 15 items. it bugs me though because its other customers that are getting held up because express is being used as a large lane for someomes convenience

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
As I mentioned before, our express says 8 items or less, but there's no way I would truly limit the express to 8 items. I let through customers who have a full basket or a very small trolley load. However, I do redirect them to another checkout if they have a full trolley because I can guarantee 99.5% of the time as soon as I start serving the big load express customers will show up with daggers in their eyes. :chainsaw:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
TBH limiting items on express registers is impractical. It is a register like any other and limiting it to 15 items will cause so much shit. For example, a person could have 15 tiny items which may be little herbs from produce, and you get to the last item and it's already 15? The customer isnt going to say "dont worry, i just wont take it".

Not really explained how I want it to be, but you get what i mean

Harry778

HSC
Lol.

Barney_Stinson

HSC
second day of starting work at 6am today
shift was 6-1130 and in produce and i hafto go back in at 5 for a shift from 5-10 in longlife

can't believe i was complaining about not enough work!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I have a headache.
Today and tomorrow are my days off this week, and I have to spend tomorrow at a goddamn manager's meeting at another store. *fuming*

HSC
Hah so apparently, WA and the eastern states seem to have different policies regarding leave. I've just been told I have to resign and reapply at my store again when I get back next Feb. SIGH. My sup was quite naturally unhappy about it because she didn't want to lose me and she told HR that but owell...apparently because I'll be missing alot of trainings, the store will be put on a hiring freeze so yea, can't. SIGH. She did say to just come back though, I should be able to still have a job there. ;)

ytrbut

HSC
Hah so apparently, WA and the eastern states seem to have different policies regarding leave. I've just been told I have to resign and reapply at my store again when I get back next Feb. SIGH. My sup was quite naturally unhappy about it because she didn't want to lose me and she told HR that but owell...apparently because I'll be missing alot of trainings, the store will be put on a hiring freeze so yea, can't. SIGH. She did say to just come back though, I should be able to still have a job there. ;)
If you're gone for less than three months they should be able to make you casual and then change you back to PT when you get back, no?

HSC
I will only be back in Feb 2011 because that's when my postgraduate studies will commence (if I get in ;)) that's why they can't let me stay. I'm currently a casual now.

snadboy

HSC
does anyone know where i can find a copy of the NSW Enterprise bargaining agreement coming in july 1st 2010? i cant find it anywhere!!

britto89

HSC
does anyone know where i can find a copy of the NSW Enterprise bargaining agreement coming in july 1st 2010? i cant find it anywhere!!
I was thinking the same thing the other day, its not online at the SDA website with the other ones.

The best bet is to ask your store union rep(s) as they might know where some leftover copies are from when the store would have been given them prior to the vote. They could also be in the staff room or perhaps its on storenet as well. They should put it online soon (the SDA website) as it comes into effect pretty soon and they seem to have everyone else's EBA online.

Another thing to note, don't go looking for a NSW only one because to my knowledge they developed a national one to cover all states as their current ones expire.

britto

Harry778

HSC
Hahahahaha! I went to a woolies down the road from me to get some stuff for dinner and Justin Bieber was playing LOL I was like WTF? Havent heard that one at work before.

nicole1975

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone :p
its been a while lol
nothing really exciting been happening, ive been doing relief 2ic and next week im have another block of Cert 3 training to do *sigh*
Anyways, anyone from the newcastle area hear about the death of Mayfields store manager on sunday night :(

hey i used to work at the Mayfield store yrs ago ...last i heard Murry was back is this the manager you r talking about???? hope it wasn't him he was a good boss

gnick

HSC
ok guyss. first post here.
been at safeway for 2years now. im only 17. ive worked everywhere except liquor and cash office, even done duty one night! im a trained service supervisor and do relief when someone is sick.

week after next (school hols) im stepping up and doing weds-sat nights for 2 weeks as supervisor.( 2IC is on holidays and night supervisor is doing her hours) bit worried about that. tonight i filled in and needed to use electronic journel in office but cant quite use it yet! any tips? thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)