The Woolworths Thread (24 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
ok guyss. first post here.
been at safeway for 2years now. im only 17. ive worked everywhere except liquor and cash office, even done duty one night! im a trained service supervisor and do relief when someone is sick.

week after next (school hols) im stepping up and doing weds-sat nights for 2 weeks as supervisor.( 2IC is on holidays and night supervisor is doing her hours) bit worried about that. tonight i filled in and needed to use electronic journel in office but cant quite use it yet! any tips? thanks :)
Welcome!
Electronic Journal is pretty simple from when I have to use it. Selecting criteria to query out searches for registers/operators and what not.
Perhaps just sit in the general office, log in and have a play around to better your skills if you are worries?

Cheers and welcome again.

HSC
. tonight i filled in and needed to use electronic journel in office but cant quite use it yet! any tips? thanks :)
So you're using Electronic Journal, so I assume you have Service Supervisor, Service Manager or maybe even Office Cashier access in OFFICE?
It’s really pretty simple to use.
You click Electronic Journal Folder then > Electronic Journal.
A whole bunch of files will pop up with different dates, the top file will be the current day and as you go down the list, it goes backwards in time.
Then heaps of different search options come up to locate a particular transaction, this is where you specify your needs and can locate a transaction based on its transaction number, register number, cashier id of even the items sold in it.

Last edited:

EVAN162

HSC
Hahahahaha! I went to a woolies down the road from me to get some stuff for dinner and Justin Bieber was playing LOL I was like WTF? Havent heard that one at work before.
Lol! Hope I never hear that. Besides that..they have some good music.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
hey i used to work at the Mayfield store yrs ago ...last i heard Murry was back is this the manager you r talking about???? hope it wasn't him he was a good boss
No not Murry, it was Adam Weaver, extremely sad loss.

HSC
Yeww week off work :)

But I'm going up tomorrow, to go into liquor and buy my first legal alcohol (woo 18 tomorrow!) and my groceries 2IC promised me a birthday hug :)

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
Does anyone know... is it possible to refund an iTunes voucher? (The paper ones that print out from the register)
You're not supposed to, but you can ring ePay, void the voucher and then refund.

Most ePay products have "No refunds" on the bottom of the voucher though, and if purchased through a SCO, there is a "No refunds" message displayed.

SS-champion

HSC
You're not supposed to, but you can ring ePay, void the voucher and then refund.

Most ePay products have "No refunds" on the bottom of the voucher though, and if purchased through a SCO, there is a "No refunds" message displayed.
wowpos sco doesn't have that "no refunds" notification like the ncr software did :(

gnick

HSC
Welcome!
Electronic Journal is pretty simple from when I have to use it. Selecting criteria to query out searches for registers/operators and what not.
Perhaps just sit in the general office, log in and have a play around to better your skills if you are worries?

Cheers and welcome again.
yeah i done supervision 12-5 saturday and when it was quiet had a play around with it, still very confusing, also had NO idea how to print off the smoke load, new that it was in stock management but thats it lol

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Not necescarily true, ePay have refused to void an iTunes voucher for me even when the voucher didnt work, the main reason being that they can't check whether a voucher has been activated or not.

on a related note, fuck i hate ringing up the phone companies to see if a voucher has been activated or not. my WORST experience was with vodafone who wouldnt even TELL ME without first speaking to the customer and getting their FULL account details (phone number, PIN and all - luckily the customer was a member of staff in this instance)

gnick

HSC
So you're using Electronic Journal, so I assume you have Service Supervisor, Service Manager or maybe even Office Cashier access in OFFICE?
It’s really pretty simple to use.
You click Electronic Journal Folder then > Electronic Journal.
A whole bunch of files will pop up with different dates, the top file will be the current day and as you go down the list, it goes backwards in time.
Then heaps of different search options come up to locate a particular transaction, this is where you specify your needs and can locate a transaction based on its transaction number, register number, cashier id of even the items sold in it.
I only have SERVICE SUPERVISOR in office, but really, thats all i need lol if i need higher ASAP and there isnt the CSM , 2IC or duty manager around, there is an account , User: SERVICE MANAGER Password: (store number) , thats got SER MGR access, only to be used if we are really stuck, but il just call the duty manager , SSM etc..
I know how to get into EJ and to the current day, i was trying to locate what time an operator done a pick-up, i clicked "pick up" in the menu then it come up with different stuff and yeah , thats as far as i got. anyways ill continue having a play with it :)

bensneddon

HSC
Not necescarily true, ePay have refused to void an iTunes voucher for me even when the voucher didnt work, the main reason being that they can't check whether a voucher has been activated or not.

on a related note, fuck i hate ringing up the phone companies to see if a voucher has been activated or not. my WORST experience was with vodafone who wouldnt even TELL ME without first speaking to the customer and getting their FULL account details (phone number, PIN and all - luckily the customer was a member of staff in this instance)
Yeah I just lie to ePay and tell them that the voucher didn't print properly ;-)

I only have SERVICE SUPERVISOR in office, but really, thats all i need lol if i need higher ASAP and there isnt the CSM , 2IC or duty manager around, there is an account , User: SERVICE MANAGER Password: (store number) , thats got SER MGR access, only to be used if we are really stuck, but il just call the duty manager , SSM etc..
I know how to get into EJ and to the current day, i was trying to locate what time an operator done a pick-up, i clicked "pick up" in the menu then it come up with different stuff and yeah , thats as far as i got. anyways ill continue having a play with it :)
This is very dodgy. Your SSM will get reamed for this, and your store will fail audit.

gnick

HSC
Yeah I just lie to ePay and tell them that the voucher didn't print properly ;-)

This is very dodgy. Your SSM will get reamed for this, and your store will fail audit.
The store itself is good, its just the service department that lacks. The SSM is known as lazy and the CSM clearly just cant wait till her maternity leave and to get out of the place. There is always problems
and too many people have Supervisor Privleges and arnt even trained. i had them for about 6months before i was trained. and in office when you edit peoples privleges, it usually says "service supervisor" well you can also have supervisor under "service cashier" on a higher level or something. i dunno exactly how it works but thats the CSM's shortcut to getting told off.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
The store itself is good, its just the service department that lacks. The SSM is known as lazy and the CSM clearly just cant wait till her maternity leave and to get out of the place. There is always problems
and too many people have Supervisor Privleges and arnt even trained. i had them for about 6months before i was trained. and in office when you edit peoples privleges, it usually says "service supervisor" well you can also have supervisor under "service cashier" on a higher level or something. i dunno exactly how it works but thats the CSM's shortcut to getting told off.
I have supervisor privileges under the title service cashier instead of service supervisor. I don't really need them since I work in Bakery now but its nice being able to fix problems without needing a supervisor whenever I serve in express. Plus the quantity button is handy.

Coming back off my absence from work, but now i'm only a casual and Bakery only need me weekends now. So I lost my 11 hour saturday and there gonna let me know how long my shifts gonna be on saturday, but I get all the Sunday shifts coming up.

Gonna start working other departments, I just need to let my SM know that i'm available throughout the week. But I think I have the potential to earn more now that there are no restrictions on my roster Mon-Fri.

Me and Babikakez were customers at a self serve today and the machine was being really annoying I think the scale might of had a problem recognising the items we were scanning. But needless to say I hate the machines because every time I use it something goes wrong.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
i gotta cash office question.
after doing the change order, which is the better way to find out the total value of the change you have just given out. one cashier has told me to go into 'Cash Office Audit' and print out the report which tells you, but another has told me just to go into 'Store Safe Report' and check how much it is short (assuming it was balanced before you started) the second way just seems a bit dodgy to me. any thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)