The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

the way to go

HSC
Holy shit.

Do you guys come on this forum just to talk about your job at woolies?!
HOLY SHIT!

are you pathetic enough to come on this forum just to try to insult us?!

oh and you're still here 14 years after your HSC? that's a little sad isn't it? or do you just keep failing?

nanakid12

HSC
Holy shit.

Do you guys come on this forum just to talk about your job at woolies?!
Yes, obviously. That's why it's called the Woolworths thread. And why it contains Woolworths-related discussion.

Some do.

Nanakid only posts here
Yep, that srsly is the only reason I joined. (that may read sarcastic, but it's not)

EDIT: @thewaytogo... what do you do at Woolies again? I've just had a memory blank and plain forgot. :3 are you just frontend?

Last edited:

4me123

HSC
some of the complaints on this page ( https://www.facebook.com/woolworths ) make me laugh really hard and think are you seriously wasting your time complaing about something that is so minior and that will probably never get delt with. had a customer that didn't read the screen and whinged about how the fresh magazen charged her 0.01 and it said on the screen fresh magazen 0.01-0.01 and when i told her it charges you nothing she then chucks the magazen at me and demands i call the supivisor so i did and she told the supivisor to give her a $50 gift card, my supivisor is like sorry but we can't do that because you are abusing my staff then shes like fuck this and then she walks out and leaves a full trolley load of items i'm like what a lazy bitch.

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
I want to read your story but I'm finding it hard not to hate you for using those terrible rage comic faces.

nanakid12

HSC
Yea those rage comments shit me off as well.

I don't even scan those magazines anymore. Too many people get confused and thinking they're being charged. I've luckily never had to deal with someone that crazy.
I have had a lot of excited customers though, as though they believe in god again now that the Credit option is back on scheme debit.

Clank_

HSC
Is that store policy or company policy? I have been told that I've only been going to Saturdays once a fortnight, yet I still get rostered weekly. Had my first Saturday off in like 8 weeks just gone.

I THINK our store is going to enforcing it now, with our new CSM.
Not sure, the clause regarding it was in the old EBA but I'm not sure if the PT people knew about it then. The booklet about the new EBA displayed the clause and I assume that's where they heard about it and talked to management about enforcing it. It's section 4.6.2 btw

the way to go

HSC
I don't even scan those magazines anymore. Too many people get confused and thinking they're being charged. I've luckily never had to deal with someone that crazy.
my store actually scans them through the smoke shop register before putting them on shelves/display, so then we dont scan them at the checkouts, they all get taken and not everybody buys something when coming in for the magazine so they figured this way made more sense...

(to be clear: we only scan them when we bring up more bundles so we still have an accurate sale/SOH count)

nanakid12

HSC
I did actually suggest doing that, scanning them before putting them out, but apparently no, that I was not allowed.

Also, I told you people had reinstilled their faith in God. Woolies updated on their Facebook page this morning, one reply was "PRAISE THE LORD!" :D

britto89

HSC
to my knowledge the only reason for scanning is so they can apply autostockr predictions as to how many they need to deliver to a store rather than just allocating on store size. i can't see why you would even need to scan them at the register a simple stock adjustment in ISIS or via the RF gun would probably do the same.

nanakid12

HSC
Was that really the official name of that EDR program? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah I saw the team talk for that, and I'm already predicting the tyrade of dead beats who will stick it over the barcode and increase scanning difficulty. Well really, most of my customers are pretty good, it's just one or two that continually do stuff like that which annoy me.
Maybe it's a way to appeal to kids or something? :S

Had such a good day today. Spent it all on a register, and I forgot half of the regulars I used to serve all the time. Suppose I better get used to it, they're training ANOTHER supervisor soon... :( I'll go back to having bare minimum of supervisor hours again

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Phone numbers seem to be off private, displaying the store number which is good.
What's with the sticky specials? Only briefly looked at the team talk info sheet

britto89

HSC
tear out and hand in to surender sounds simpler and cheaper. then you can ask at the end when you ask for the EDR card "do you have any special vouchers?" which would allow the customer to see how much it is saving them off the total at the end just like when we scan the EDR card for EDR specials and the price jumps down.

nanakid12

HSC
I presume the saving is shown at the end, it said in the team talk that all the specials are grouped together so the customers can see everything easier, instead of all spread out.

I honestly think though that scanning the Sticky Special barcode after the product's barcode shouldn't matter though. They're just saying that as a way to remind the customer about it, as it is easy to forget.
Opening the store for the first time on a weekday tomorrow, so I guess I'll see how it goes for the morning. Then four hours in produce for the afternoon :( I don't heart produce as much as service.

Also, with regards to the phone upgrade, ours is also not blocked either. We had 11 missed calls when we went out to the office to lock up the safe the other night, why does the Service phone not just ring first as well? It'd make more sense.

britto89

HSC
I presume the saving is shown at the end, it said in the team talk that all the specials are grouped together so the customers can see everything easier, instead of all spread out.

I honestly think though that scanning the Sticky Special barcode after the product's barcode shouldn't matter though. They're just saying that as a way to remind the customer about it, as it is easy to forget.
Opening the store for the first time on a weekday tomorrow, so I guess I'll see how it goes for the morning. Then four hours in produce for the afternoon :( I don't heart produce as much as service.

Also, with regards to the phone upgrade, ours is also not blocked either. We had 11 missed calls when we went out to the office to lock up the safe the other night, why does the Service phone not just ring first as well? It'd make more sense.
the old phone system had it right with day(only office), afternoon(office and frontend) and night mode (all phones). hopefully they restore this functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)