The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
My contract roster means I should be working Boxing Day, yet online rosters don't have me down for my usual shift. Neither my manager or 2IC spoke to me about this, so I will be checking the store roster again tomorrow and talking to one of them. I know I'm entitled to the day off with pay but just want to clarify if it will be put through at penalty or not? The agreement says that employees choosing not to work on holidays traded will be paid according to sub clause 7.5. I'm in Victoria and this clause says I'm entitled to day without loss of pay INCLUSIVE of applicable penalties.

So it reads that I will get my 250%, but just want to make sure. I'll be talking to them about work anyway, regarding not giving me a choice to work or not - especially as I was given no warning that I'd be given the day off which meant that I made no travel plans to go see my family.

if you work, you will get 250%

if you don't work, and it's contracted, you get the day off, and will be paid normal rate for the shift.

are you trying to find a loophole to get paid public holiday rate for not working?

(7.5 is referring to the normal penalty rates for the shift, such as sunday rate or after midnight rates etc)

BSammy

HSC
Spend wisely, you won't be getting another pay for 10/11 days :p
My rosters came back at midnight thankfully.

triple posting i know, but yeah, not the case this week, because next week will have the same thing happen.

the week after that will be 10/11 days of no pay.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
So i'm getting bored with my old job, it's kinda below average pay, the fact i only work once a week and that they are shut over school holidays... I'd like to work somewhere like JB HiFi, dick smith, harvey norman etc. but i doubt i'd be able to get a job there. My friend reckons Woolworths is alright and suggested i just head down to my local one and hand in a resume rather than going through the online application process. I've got a bit of experience with working but nothing in retail or fast food - think i'd have any luck at Woolworths if i were to apply in like 2 weeks time?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
So i'm getting bored with my old job, it's kinda below average pay, the fact i only work once a week and that they are shut over school holidays... I'd like to work somewhere like JB HiFi, dick smith, harvey norman etc. but i doubt i'd be able to get a job there. My friend reckons Woolworths is alright and suggested i just head down to my local one and hand in a resume rather than going through the online application process. I've got a bit of experience with working but nothing in retail or fast food - think i'd have any luck at Woolworths if i were to apply in like 2 weeks time?
No. Christmas recruiting was done 1-2 months ago. Try again in March.

BSammy

HSC
Also, don't skip the online process.

Even if walking in with a resume impresses a manager, you'll need to apply online so that HR has your details etc.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Fair enough, guess i'll just apply online in a couple of weeks then and apply again close to uni starting if i hear nothing back.

HSC
Someone help me get a job at Woolworths! Either at Eastgardens or Marrickville, or surrounding locations.

oldmanjoe

HSC
N/A
@BSammy When was the pay being processed again? Could be today, tomorrow or Monday?
I was under the impression that it was going to be processed as usual. I think it relies on the bank that you're with as to how quickly it is deposited into your account, however.

nanakid12

HSC
How was everyone's Christmas? I had to work Saturday-Sunday-Monday. Saturday was so busy, and I finished early Sunday, but apparently it got busy after I left. And apparently we had every single checkout open on Monday morning (which is like, amazing for us, seeing as how we have like 4 of our 14 registers that never get used). When I got there to do the nightshift though, twas dead, and I just spent the night pulling down decorations 'n shit.

Anyway... I was wondering, how long does it usually take to get a transfer to another store? I was thinking of going to the Gold Coast for uni either this year or next year to live with a few mates, but I've heard that a transfer can sometimes take months. Also, is it likely that I will still be a Service Supervisor at this next store, or will I have to wait to be promoted again... or will they give me Supervisor numbers? Cheers :)

EDIT: Just checked my account, I haven't been paid. Maybe it is Monday?

BSammy

HSC
yeah i kinda assumed it would be the same as last week.

it will be early, but not as early. probably monday night.

sorry everyone i confused.

gonewrong

HSC
Hi guys, I was just after some advice. I've been at woolies for 2 years, and agreed to go on a part time contract over the summer, for 4 weeks only, before returning to being a casual. My problem is that they've been changing the shifts they want me to work - start and finish times, and even hours in a week, are different to what it said on the contract I signed. Is there anything I could/should do about this? It's proving to be a really annoying, and making me constantly have to cancel plans. Thanks!

somegronk

HSC
Pay was processed on Thursday, but changes can be made up until Sunday arvo. So you should start seeing it roll into accounts after that. Most likely Monday.

nanakid12

HSC
Hi guys, I was just after some advice. I've been at woolies for 2 years, and agreed to go on a part time contract over the summer, for 4 weeks only, before returning to being a casual. My problem is that they've been changing the shifts they want me to work - start and finish times, and even hours in a week, are different to what it said on the contract I signed. Is there anything I could/should do about this? It's proving to be a really annoying, and making me constantly have to cancel plans. Thanks!
If you've signed the adjustment book, then you've basically agreed for them to do this. You have every right to say no, and if they have a problem with it, don't sign the adjustment book, and you should be paid overtime for any hours you work that you've said no to... and if you have to work less hours than your contract, then you should be paid for those hours anyhow. If they still don't pay you properly, then contact the SDA.

That's something I would never have the guts to do myself, but that's what you should do haha :) though when you return to casual, they could easily just not roster you on any shifts.

I hope this helps? Haha.

bellshea

HSC
N/A
Hi guys i work for bws does anyone know what day wr will get paid will it be early because of nye

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)