The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

the way to go

HSC
in the NSW legislation, it seems that the responsibility is placed on the person buying/supplying the product to the minor, not the retailer. (so same as QLD)

PLEASE don't take my word on the cutting credit/debit cards thing if they don't match their ID, I seriously cant find where I read it, so don't go around cutting up peoples cards haha

Fireworkss

HSC
What do I wear to the on-site induction? I bought the polo shirt for replenishment online but it only delivers to the store you work at, so what should I wear when I rock up?

Fireworkss

HSC
@iMatthew - Thanks, I will wear that.

@the way to go - I haven't done training yet. I had my interview, completed my online induction and this is suppose to be my on-site induction/first shift on the job. I get reimbursed for the shirt I bought online though in my first pay.

nanakid12

HSC
Nanakid, see the below for the official policy/laws.

This is VIC:

This is QLD:

I understand this as QLD does not have a secondly supply law therefore it's only illegal if you sell them to a minor, not if somebody buys them and gives them to the child. See the last paragraph in the VIC policy.
That's exactly what I thought. I couldn't find it anywhere in the actual Qld Government legislation either. I remember we USED to have that Secondary Supply paragraph in the QLD policy, but they must have changed it sometime in the past year or so. I did ask my SM, CSM and Longlife Manager (who knows checkout legislation) and Longlife 2ic, they all told me it is illegal, and that heavy fines apply to us, and to parents of minors if we sell cigarettes. But the Qld legislation clearly exempts parents and legal guardians (responsible adult) from the $14,000 fine, so I get the impression Woolworths once applied the strictest state legislation across the entire country as policy, and everyone has no idea what the real deal is. Now they've updated it without telling anyone, nobody knows what's going on.

I'm still going to go Victorian (old-QLD) policy though, I think it would be very dodgy of us if we were to do that.

in the NSW legislation, it seems that the responsibility is placed on the person buying/supplying the product to the minor, not the retailer. (so same as QLD)

PLEASE don't take my word on the cutting credit/debit cards thing if they don't match their ID, I seriously cant find where I read it, so don't go around cutting up peoples cards haha
Yeah, I was thinking whaaaat? You would definately cop a king hit for doing THAT haha :)

Last edited:

Fireworkss

HSC
So as an 18 year old casual working in replenishment what pay would I be expecting?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Does anyone know if Woolworths are starting to hire again since some Christmas casuals have probably left or gone back to school? Is yes, is it possible to apply online without there being an advertised positon?

the way to go

HSC
Does anyone know if Woolworths are starting to hire again since some Christmas casuals have probably left or gone back to school? Is yes, is it possible to apply online without there being an advertised positon?
while its not possible to apply without an advertised position, you can hand a resume in at the service desk (some stores won't accept them though and just tell you to go online), if you're what they're looking for they'll call you up instead of the hassle and process of advertising it, and you'll probably have a better chance, that said, Easter is coming up and stores will be looking for more people for the long weekend rushes (how I got my job), so for best chances, resume to service desk AND apply online when positions open.

nanakid12

HSC
Under our service desk, near the big red silent alarm button, there is a small white button which says "Chime"... is this some kind of alarm? Also, on the checkout screen, if you go to MESSAGES > CALL SECURITY does this send an alert to CMS, or just do the systems office computer?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah most people on here are from nsw (mainly Sydney), so that's the audience I assume im responding to. Couldn't care less about pay in Vic, qld tbh
No they aren't. There is a mix of VIC/NSW/QLD/WA on here.

Under our service desk, near the big red silent alarm button, there is a small white button which says "Chime"... is this some kind of alarm? Also, on the checkout screen, if you go to MESSAGES > CALL SECURITY does this send an alert to CMS, or just do the systems office computer?
The chime button won't work anymore, it used to play this dodgy sound over the speakers. There is still a chime button (that actually works) on the speakers volume controller in one of your offices.
It won't send an alert to CMS, only to the office computer. It's pretty useless really.

Yay for being promoted to duty manager. :)

cuteyazn

HSC
Hello, I work for Big W and just wondering that after the end-of-day count that is done after the store closes, will the supervisors or managers recount them before the store opens the next day

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Congratulations mate haha:)

Hello, I work for Big W and just wondering that after the end-of-day count that is done after the store closes, will the supervisors or managers recount them before the store opens the next day
...why's that? Sounds a bit suss TBH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)