The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

britto89

HSC
I think it's still People Planner.
My store is on Kronos which I dare say probably has something todo with the issue. I think you would know if you were on the new system because everyone would be bitching. Do your rosters still look old school and are portrait or have they changed to a landscape style similar to the online ones?

Triboniophorus

HSC
N/A
So checkout manager and 2ic now have to wear a white shirt instead of green with a tie/scarf and jacket.
Also anyone seen the micro check shirts on total image, might have to get one.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah, not on Kronos yet. Old school style rosters.
Lol the service uniform change will be interesting! I bet our store hasn't made that change yet.

What's the micro check shirts all about?

nanakid12

HSC
Is the new service uniform change different from the ones a few months ago? So it has to be plain white? Cause CSM and 2ic have been wearing "business attire" for a few months now.

the way to go

HSC
I think the limit was $90 for credit cards before they needed to do it this way, CSM was telling operators to charge customers in $90 blocks, so for example, if they had $120 worth of groceries, first they would get charged $90, them they would put the remaining $30 on the same card through as a seperate payment, so it tricked the system. Only thing was though, some customers had a whinge about the fees they would be charged for doing separate transaction. Argh.
id just like to let you know you are not allowed to do this, it says in the book not to, and CSM was telling me today that they can (somehow) decline all the transactions, so youd get no money from it in the end, the limits have to be observed, theyre there for a reason. (visa/master $90, amex $150, debit $200, gift cards $0)

my CSM and 2IC are still in standard fresh green and black...?
would i be able to rock up in a micro check shirt, or are these for particular people (ie stripes were/are for managers) anyone know?

kronos seems to not be so great, doesnt show lunch breaks, and hard to line up the bars to the time, need to do adjustments for everything, online rosters are out, hopefully gets better and quickly.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
id just like to let you know you are not allowed to do this, it says in the book not to, and CSM was telling me today that they can (somehow) decline all the transactions, so youd get no money from it in the end, the limits have to be observed, theyre there for a reason. (visa/master $90, amex $150, debit $200, gift cards $0)

my CSM and 2IC are still in standard fresh green and black...?
would i be able to rock up in a micro check shirt, or are these for particular people (ie stripes were/are for managers) anyone know?

kronos seems to not be so great, doesnt show lunch breaks, and hard to line up the bars to the time, need to do adjustments for everything, online rosters are out, hopefully gets better and quickly.
The stripe shirts were reserved for management for the first couple of months. All staff have been able to wear these for years and years now. I'm sure any staff can wear the micro.
Also re: lunch breaks.. they were useless anyway, nobody takes them when the rosters says.

the way to go

HSC
The stripe shirts were reserved for management for the first couple of months. All staff have been able to wear these for years and years now. I'm sure any staff can wear the micro.
Also re: lunch breaks.. they were useless anyway, nobody takes them when the rosters says.
compared to my store, your store sounds amazing, can i transfer? :p

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
The Awkward moment when I turn at 7.50 to start my 8am shift, and the supervisor who was opening turns up at the exact same time, having slept in, and is running to the back door screaming to me "I SLEPT IN!! HELP ME!!" haha thank god for our SSA and ASM who had put the money in.

the way to go

HSC
i... i think im in love! hahaha
my store still has the old particle board gray and green, everything seems to be at the end of its life, its all just falling apart (im sure mines not the worst in the country though)

sb26

HSC
i... i think im in love! hahaha
omfg !!!! do want

We'll never get them anytime soon though... ofc the plans for a sushi bar are more important >_> For gods sake we need more staff! CSM has a fulltimer dropping to p/t and two others leaving to other departments... and is being told she can't hire anyone new, even though that's three people usually here in the day that are now gone.

Did the world's most idiot tender swap today. Groceries came to $17.50, and customer wanted 'up to $150' on EFT, but operator hit $150 cash. So I look at the receipt and see ~$132 change, I don't look any further and instead do a tender swap for $132 cash to $132 eft... but groceries were only $17!!! Ugh learn to read and not rush next time seriously. I fixed it up and then spotted the till and it was fine so phew.

nanakid12

HSC
Easier way: ignore the tender swap. Go with a Cash Purchase.

First make a copy of the original accidental-cash receipt, just in case.

Go CASH PURCHASE -> $150.
The customer swipes and everything, so they are definitely charged $150.00 off their card.

The customer's groceries came to $17.50, so just work out $150.00 minus $17.50 is $132.50.
So give them $132.50 in cash, and make sure you give them a copy of the EFT Cash Purchase receipt, and just explain to them what you did, and send them on their way :)

EDIT: This method only works if the customer is paying with Cheque or Savings account. If the customer has to press Credit, you'll have to do a tender swap.

britto89

HSC
Easier way: ignore the tender swap. Go with a Cash Purchase.

First make a copy of the original accidental-cash receipt, just in case.

Go CASH PURCHASE -> $150.
The customer swipes and everything, so they are definitely charged $150.00 off their card.

The customer's groceries came to $17.50, so just work out $150.00 minus $17.50 is $132.50.
So give them $132.50 in cash, and make sure you give them a copy of the EFT Cash Purchase receipt, and just explain to them what you did, and send them on their way :)

EDIT: This method only works if the customer is paying with Cheque or Savings account. If the customer has to press Credit, you'll have to do a tender swap.
Advantage of a Tender Swap is that a cashier cannot perform it. If you fix it the Cash Purchase method then some cashiers that probably shouldn't be performing it will. I have heard of cashiers doing the cash purchase and then just handing the customer all the money because thats what the screen told them to do.

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys, just a quick question;

Recently moved from casual to part time; my hours are 5 hours on Saturday and 5 hours Sunday. I was reading the Woolworths Award to see if theres anything I need to know and came across section 4.6.2.5:

'...(part time) employee who works ordinary hours on a Sunday shall be given 3 consecutive days of, which shall include Saturday and Sunday, once every 4 weeks. '

Does this include me? (Contracted to work every Sunday) I'm not sure if it does and don't feel comfortable asking my manager to be honest, thanks! :)

BSammy

HSC
Hey guys, just a quick question;

Recently moved from casual to part time; my hours are 5 hours on Saturday and 5 hours Sunday. I was reading the Woolworths Award to see if theres anything I need to know and came across section 4.6.2.5:

'...(part time) employee who works ordinary hours on a Sunday shall be given 3 consecutive days of, which shall include Saturday and Sunday, once every 4 weeks. '

Does this include me? (Contracted to work every Sunday) I'm not sure if it does and don't feel comfortable asking my manager to be honest, thanks! :)
The next line is "By mutual agreement alternative arrangements may apply."
So if you've signed a roster that doesn't include it, then that is agreement.

You would probably be well within your rights to ask for a new roster that included that clause, but you'd lose the Sunday rate for that week, and probably annoy whoever it was who was trying to cover the weekend shifts.

(What I'd do is keep it up your sleeve for when you get sick of doing every weekend, you should be able to force them to give you a new roster with 1 weekend out of 4 off, but I wouldn't do it for a while.)

BSammy

HSC
man. fuck my store

9 people sick tomorrow (that i know of. 8 from front end, and one from deli/office)

nanakid12

HSC
Holy shit, how are you gunna manage? got enough people to cover them? haha

We had 6 people in total on today. Three all-dayers, 2 afternooners and 1 to cover lunches. Was so busy too, many times we had more people from other departments serving than actual frontend staff.

Also, the SSO told me that with the new Kronos system, SSA's will now receive Grade 3 pay... apparently, that's more than I get for frontend supervision! Wooooo :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)