The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

britto89

HSC
Wow, what is with all the fuss about sick leave and how it shows on your payslip, etc. You get rostered and show up to work unless you are sick. If you are sick then you ring up and give adequate notice and get paid for being sick.

In my opinion all that sick leave being shown on payslips has done is allowed people to plan chucking a sickies more to the extent they don't have any sick days left when they are actually sick.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
His concern is not how it is appearing, it is how it's accruing. And yes, it does matter. He is entitled to it and if he is being ripped off, then he needs to be compensated and it needs to be sorted out. It's no different from under paying somebody (if that is what is happening).

Tragesty

HSC
Turrned 19 a bit over a week ago, payslip shows I got payed at my 18 y/o part-time base rate of 13.71 today. Would have thought it would be an automatic pay rise upon turning 19, guessing I have to speak to my frustrating pay clerk? Hope she backpays this week's 18/19 rate difference :(

Also, is there such a thing as study leave? Am I able to request unpaid leave during my exam periods?

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
You definately should be getting paid at 19 year old rate. Tell the pay clerk ;) it's his/her job to fix it. And yes, they are legally required to pay you the difference, even if it is small.
I used to constantly not get paid for supervision, because CSM used to just roster me as an operator (when he wasn't sure how to roster) and the pay clerk just fixed it up so I got paid the correct amount on my next pay, so you'll be right :)

And not 100% sure about study leave, but if you fill out the Unpaid Application for Leave form (should be able to find it on storenet) then you'll be fine. Otherwise, just write UNPAID LEAVE at the top of the paid leave form, but depending on your SSO, they may prefer the actual form.

------
Question for everyone on Kronos: do you Department managers actually roster flex-up ships and casuals? Our store just has only the permanent employees base hours on the roster (including online rosters). Any casuals who work get called in, usually the week before, and permanent employees have to sign a new temporary contract, which is normal, but it doesn't update on any of the rosters.

our CSM doesn't have access to the new rostering system... does anyone else's? Or are you all similar to our store?

Tragesty

HSC
Thanks for the help:)

As for my department manager, they put everyone (Deli) on full-time/part time; we have no casuals now. A few of the part-time staff, including myself, work extra shifts over their contract hours every week though.

HSC
Anyone finding there hours cut. I am a inventory team member and am also a service sco attendant(when im needed there). Recently we hired aload of employees in replenishment and a few of the more experienced employees came to inventory and merchandising. My manager told me that over the next few weeks I will be in the service area while the new inventory employees get the hang of rf guns etc. I go to the front next week end and they give me a 3 hour shift on sco both days. It really annoys me because I want more hours. Any ideas? Im obviously check out trained being sco trained and im also supervisor trained but I only want to do sco. I could do the office as im trained in that to but all i want to do is inventory, merchandising or replenishment to get my hours up. Any suggestions

sb26

HSC
Today was my 200th shift at woolies woooooooo.... sort of... actually kind of depressing oh well

6am tomorrow is cigarette planogram time. Like 2 months overdue lol.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Also, is there such a thing as study leave? Am I able to request unpaid leave during my exam periods?
There is. You check the box on the annual leave form. It is paid and will come out of your annual leave hours. Happy studying.
EDIT: You should be able to take unpaid leave, yes.

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Anyone else's store started capping again? Don't really understand why they took it away in the first place...

nanakid12

HSC
Oh. Maybe it's refurbed stores ha. We were busy on Saturday, but there was an event on in town.

I was having EFT PROCESS MANUAL for Woolies gift cards on Friday night. I rang up for authorisation, it asked for a 'CBA number' or something, I just guessed and put in the last number of the click clack machine... didn't work. Had no idea what to do, so the bloke just paid cash and said he'd use it another day.

How do I find this number out? iMathew...? :)

Triboniophorus

HSC
N/A
Anyone else's store started capping again? Don't really understand why they took it away in the first place...
You're still allowed minimal capping but it's easier to just say no capping, stops nightfill from throwing more up there than they should be and means you don't need to spend hours on someone capping everyday and instead use them on rework.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
We are not allowed ANY capping. Last week they took the drinks/chips aisle capping away too. Thank god I don't have to do that anymore.
Re: giftcards. Idk. Never done a manual process myself. We just tell people they can't use giftcards when the lines go into fallback. And yes, it happened to us as well that day.

nanakid12

HSC
Oh righteo, well I suppose we cap... minimally. :) I saw those new spinny bag racks too at a store that's just been refurbished, they look so stupid IMO.

HSC
Lol we had the fucking CEO on Saturday visit. It was fucking scary but I don't know whether it was the head of supermarkets or the entire company. He was not impressed but I didn't see him because I was on my hour break. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when your store is within a 4km radius of the big head office in Norwest. Fuck it was scary when he rocked up and it was a surprise visit too.

the way to go

HSC
we had a "surprise" visit last month, they spent $20,000 fixing the store up just for him and put on as many staff as possible.
he walked around for just 45 minutes.
completely stupid, and defeats the purpose if you ask me.

re: code for manual eftpos, isnt it store number + 3 digit register number
so if store number is 1245 and you were processing on register 7 it would be 1245007?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
It's great logic. Let's use store-opening budget, put lots of people on, face the store up perfectly, all so the big bosses see how easily we are dealing with these ridiculous budget cuts.
I often wonder what happens when these area, region, state and corporate managers go shopping as a customer when they aren't working.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
We had the area manager and the safety inspector last week. A few heads got busted together! :lol: There isn't much point of coming through if they know you're coming, is there? No one has topped up the nearly empty end of Pepsi 24 packs all day, yet it gets done specifically because the area manager is coming through.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
We had the area manager and the safety inspector last week. A few heads got busted together! :lol: There isn't much point of coming through if they know you're coming, is there? No one has topped up the nearly empty end of Pepsi 24 packs all day, yet it gets done specifically because the area manager is coming through.
Ironic considering the new article posted on allyours about 'stores closing'

john-91

HSC
Any CSTM's or "Team Support" got their new service managers uniform yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)