The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
And also there is another venturer scout in my store that will be going on the same camp. As far as im aware he knows nothing about black out leave as hes been there a shorter time. Will be interesting if he asks, only advantage for him is he can't do check out. I was told by my manager shes just going to roster ne anyway.

sb26

HSC
What if you organise to have someone cover you? Compromise a bit with your CSM and sort of make the calling in 'sick' part a bit easier on them?

Even if they are concerned about casual rates, maybe find someone who is really young 15/16 so it's not that much extra?

HSC
Could work I suppose, I may just look for someone that is interested and a bit younger. I am 17 and we have a 2 staff members that are as young as 14(Mainly so they can pay peanut wages). The thing is that I dont want to come across as calling in sick if all else fails. Like I said there were 2 days on the easter week end I couldnt do and got away with calling sick. I missed this camp once(It is annual) and after hearing how amazing it is I now said to my self I will never miss another!

caleb136

HSC
So I'm a supervisor at Woolworths, and have recently been given Service Manager access to Storeline (Office) program, I was having a flick through the operator maintenance and noticed that each person has different privileges ticked. I know that 1 and 2 are normal checkout numbers and that 3 is supervisor numbers, I was just wondering what 4 was (CSM,ASM and longlife manager had that one ticked) and our store manager had all 8 privileges ticked. Does anybody have a clue what privileges 4,5,6,7,8 are and what they do??

BSammy

HSC
i'm not so sure that anyone at store level should have anything over 4. including the manager.

there's a thing in storenet about it but i don't remember if it mentioned 5-8

HSC
Does anyone know if working public holidays is voluntary? Like as in, I can say I want that day off lets say Easter Saturday and then they cant refuse that day. Im just curious to know if public holidays are voluntary no matter what time of year and how big the celebration. I am in Sydney if it helps.

sb26

HSC
I sold a carton of Pall Mall Purple Slims (6 packets of 23) yesterday and I made it up from the display packets because we didn't have any in the cabinet. When this happens I either product search to find the carton item in the system, or use the carton barcode list which has the EANs of all the cartons.

Trouble is, I used the barcode list yesterday and the name of the resulting item was "PL ML PRPL CTN" and the price was like ~$20 cheaper than the carton ticket which is on the tray's flaps. The barcode and ref number for this mysterious PRPL CTN aren't even in the system anymore so how could it even have been sold?

I'm really annoyed as this explains why I have cartons going "missing" now, they just have been sold as different items and the counts haven't been properly updated.

Anyone can give any pointers? I want to rip up this old carton barcode list and never see it again!! Is there a way to generate a new one with the label, ref # and EAN?

BSammy

HSC
Does anyone know if working public holidays is voluntary? Like as in, I can say I want that day off lets say Easter Saturday and then they cant refuse that day. Im just curious to know if public holidays are voluntary no matter what time of year and how big the celebration. I am in Sydney if it helps.
public holidays are voluntary yes.

I sold a carton of Pall Mall Purple Slims (6 packets of 23) yesterday and I made it up from the display packets because we didn't have any in the cabinet. When this happens I either product search to find the carton item in the system, or use the carton barcode list which has the EANs of all the cartons.

Trouble is, I used the barcode list yesterday and the name of the resulting item was "PL ML PRPL CTN" and the price was like ~$20 cheaper than the carton ticket which is on the tray's flaps. The barcode and ref number for this mysterious PRPL CTN aren't even in the system anymore so how could it even have been sold?

I'm really annoyed as this explains why I have cartons going "missing" now, they just have been sold as different items and the counts haven't been properly updated.

Anyone can give any pointers? I want to rip up this old carton barcode list and never see it again!! Is there a way to generate a new one with the label, ref # and EAN?
that is weird. i do that all the time too.
probably an idea is mention that you've noticed some of them are wrong and ask your service manager for an updated form if possible.

i don't know where they'd find it, anyone know? storenet perhaps? i might have a look today when i have time.

HSC
So does that include easter black out. I know that normal days are compulsory to work except for emergency leave. Its just that im also planning to go to melbourne to visit friends then. Easter sat and mon are public holidays right? I cbf remembering lol. But if they are then that means I don't have to work right? I know we are closed on good Friday and easter sunday.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
So does that include easter black out. I know that normal days are compulsory to work except for emergency leave. Its just that im also planning to go to melbourne to visit friends then. Easter sat and mon are public holidays right? I cbf remembering lol. But if they are then that means I don't have to work right? I know we are closed on good Friday and easter sunday.
Yes. Easter Saturday and Monday are public holidays. You can choose whether or not you want to work on them. :)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
yeah only if the actual store is closed, then you dont have to work

otherwise public holiday or not, its like a normal shift

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
Hey new to the thread!

Does anyone know how to order the complimentary shirt? How do I apply "subsidy"?

Cheers

BSammy

HSC
i hope someone answers this, i know i read the answer somewhere but i can't be bothered finding it yet, and i want to order shirts soon

i ordered some of the cheap 10 dollar shirts to tide me over til then because my current ones are starting to go

BSammy

HSC
how to get the free shirt. i think it's entereing the subsidy code into a certain place when ordering.

not 100% on that

sb26

HSC
Worked out the cigarette carton thing.

The barcode I entered was for a 6x20 pack of pall mall slims rather than 6x23 pack. It's weird that even when an item is removed from the system the sale still goes through... The lady got a nice bargain that day. Will get a new barcode list pronto as I don't want anyone mistyping shit and making cartons go missing again.

BSammy

HSC
ah yeah, i vaguely remember when they switched.

maybe white out over the wrong ones for now. until the new one shows up

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Can I get some help, where would i currently be able to apply for a part time job at my locak woolworths?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)