Thieves! (1 Viewer)

SlipStream

HSC
I put my car on the side of the road last yesterday and made the mistake of leaving it there overnight. Some poor-arse fuckers stole my white hubcaps!! They're only worth about $20 but that's not the point!! They're going to have to never use them, because as far as I'm concerned there's only one set of these hubcaps in all of Australia (they were a set that I went to the trouble to paint white). If I ever see them in a carpark (they have distinguishing marks on them from where the paint ran a little in one or two spots) I'm going to smash them to pieces and leave a very abusive note on their windscreen. I'm also going to tell every single person I know to send me a message if they see them. Not fucking happy, Jan ... not happy.

I hope my head unit is still in there, it'd want to be for $500 worth. Luckily I took the faceplate off before leaving it there. I've learnt a lesson today, and even though it's merely a slap on the wrist, it's still annoying.

Can anybody else sympathise with my anger? Ever had anything stolen from you?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I can indeed sympathise with your anger. Though I must admit a certain curiosity as to the white hubcaps, I mean really wtf?

As far as the head unit goes the problem with them is that if they are a decent unit then even without a face plate they are valuable. eg a $500 units face plate can generally be picked up for $100 or so as a spare part. And if a theif does that then they're still $400 ahead on buying it themselves....

bong

HSC
Lol, must've been some desperate thieves, but yes, still sucks to have something stolen from you.

Hmm, you'll usually need proof of purchase to get a replacement face plate from the manufacturer, though there may be the occasional dodgy place that'll make it happen for you

SlipStream

HSC
addymac said:
I can indeed sympathise with your anger. Though I must admit a certain curiosity as to the white hubcaps, I mean really wtf?

As far as the head unit goes the problem with them is that if they are a decent unit then even without a face plate they are valuable. eg a $500 units face plate can generally be picked up for $100 or so as a spare part. And if a theif does that then they're still $400 ahead on buying it themselves....
Hmmm, well I'm guessing that the suspects were stealing to compliment their newfound deep voice, or to perhaps further encourage the growth of their pubic hair. Now that they're old enough to ride the Tower of Terror, they're stealing things of no use to them to impress members of the opposite sex - some heroic rite of passage. :rolleyes: I'll show them rite of passage...

The white hubcaps were a togue addition to my Charade to make it go faster. Nah, they were the result of money+boredom. And they actually looked alright - not ricey, just subtle yet effective. Not anymore, though.

*prays for sake of head unit* :(

bong

HSC
If you know the hubcaps are missing.. why don't you know if the headunit is?

As if hubcaps make it go faster! Everyone knows that stickers are where its at :D, they're lighter too ;)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
I fucking hate theives. Our VL got stolen not long ago from right outside our house, and the fucking prick who took it didn't know how to drive and wrote it off into some poor blokes giant hilux which was parked innocently on his lawn, the VL wasn't fully insured so we had to pay for the guys hilux aswell as our car, because the damn fuckwit theif got away. What shits me more is that the cops were coincedentally at the bottom of the street where the car was crashed and he still managed to get away.

HSC
yeah, it sucks.
i had my magnetic Ps stolen twice before.
there goes my extra 20kW of brute power.
now i just use those plastic ones the RTA give out and put them inside my car

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
its fucken stupid. my front one got stolen from school once. i just have the brackets on both plates.

SlipStream

HSC
bong said:
If you know the hubcaps are missing.. why don't you know if the headunit is?
It was on the side of the road, parents drove past it and noticed missing hubcaps - they rang me and told me. At the time I left it on the side of the road for sale, and then in the afternoon I picked it up and the h/unit was still in there. :)

But still, those white hubcaps gave it oodles of character. Now it's plain old silver-hubcap Shaz. :( Ngeh...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
I put my car on the side of the road last yesterday and made the mistake of leaving it there overnight. Some poor-arse fuckers stole my white hubcaps!! They're only worth about $20 but that's not the point!! They're going to have to never use them, because as far as I'm concerned there's only one set of these hubcaps in all of Australia (they were a set that I went to the trouble to paint white). If I ever see them in a carpark (they have distinguishing marks on them from where the paint ran a little in one or two spots) I'm going to smash them to pieces and leave a very abusive note on their windscreen. I'm also going to tell every single person I know to send me a message if they see them. Not fucking happy, Jan ... not happy.

I hope my head unit is still in there, it'd want to be for $500 worth. Luckily I took the faceplate off before leaving it there. I've learnt a lesson today, and even though it's merely a slap on the wrist, it's still annoying.

Can anybody else sympathise with my anger? Ever had anything stolen from you?
nothing as extreme, but my car was walked over and we need a new bonnet and to repaint it

minor ones, p-plates being stolen ALL the time...just a little annoyance that is always there, cant leave the car anywhere without them disappearing

wrangler

HSC
omg! on a totaly unrelated topic i didnt no you did senior science slipstream, i thought you where super smart!! its crap where i live, no one ever flogs anything, so no one locks their doors, so the cop books you for leaving your car unlocked!!! not like there anything worth actally stealing in my ute, ud be more likley to steal the roud up off the back

noel edge

HSC
SlipStream said:
Now it's plain old silver-hubcap Shaz. :( Ngeh...

How can a car enthusiast drive a charade?

Thats like a surfer in a kiddie pool with a boogie board.

wrangler

HSC
noel edge said:

lolololol i thought i was the only one to ever think that, but hay, i guess ordonary ppl have to start at the bottom...

wrangler

HSC
go fuck a goat...
sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry if i caNt SpElL like u little private schOOL fucks...

the feeLings MutaL

I HopE You Get Run OvEr

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Umm... wrangler, I was a public school kid, and the word is 'mutual'. :p

One of my friends had his car stolen from a trainstation, the police found it at another trainstation about 20km away and told him where it was, and by the time he got there to pick it up, it had been stolen again.

SlipStream

HSC
wrangler said:
omg! on a totaly unrelated topic i didnt no you did senior science slipstream, i thought you where super smart!!
(I chose senior science to fill a 2-unit gap in my subject line-up so I could be eligible for a UAI with 2-units of "safety net". But then I moved house/school, which screwed the assessment half of my HSC basically. I had to drop EE2 at the same time, because I had some insane amount of work to catch up. So I used to do 4U English, with the rest of my subjects being basic because English is all I need be good at. I still do/did 3U, and I'm expecting Band 6 for senior science... mwahahaha. That should answer the Q that you never asked. :cool: I'm not the only person like me around here; there are heaps of 4U english and 4U maths people on BoS.)

noel edge said:

It doesn't cost anything to swim in the ocean, champ.

And driving is driving - I still find driving a 3-cyl Charade entertaining; it's a car with limits that are within reach - a car one has to drive, not a car that anyone can can "drive", like a BMW M5 - too many electronic gizmos that contaminate the purity of driving and separate the driver from the experience. A car should link you with the road - becoming "one with the car" - not communicate an ideal sensory image of the road to you through a myriad of artificial controls.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol since when is one 'not smart' if they choose to do senior science? is it a really derelict subject or something? (i don't do it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)