think of the stupidest thing stella8h8chang has ever done... (1 Viewer)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
grk_styl said:
who knows ^

but...i'd like to know whether the friend saw the email and what happened from there...
Yeah. He saw. But I told him it was all done in the heat of the moment...and so we've just let it rest...I think? We're back to normal, I guess...well all seems well **shrugs** I'm terrible at reading people's feelings. We're just friends. Although he made a weird comment the other day that I was the "kind of person you only read about in books"...

HSC
White Rabbit said:
Cutting is far more complex than simply saying "don't cut yourself!". There are times when you simply can not understand the emotional pain and dispare and the only way to make sense of the way you are feeling is to transfer it into tangible pain and wounds. I'm seeing professionals and am in the process of being tested for bipolar, and I've cut in the past and I'd be lying if I said I would definatly never do it again. I'd rather not, I'd rather not have the scars and the explanations, but I need the understanding and I need the control.

For many people, it's not needless. If anything, it prevents pushing us over the top. Theres many times I'd though how easy it would be to end it all, and I know I have acess to surgical scaples nobody would miss - a surgical scaple would do the trick to the wrist - but cutting quite often relived the depression and worthlessness I felt just enough to push me back a bit from suicide and gave me time to think of the ramifications of my actions. Cutting saves lives in some cases.

That said, I'd never ever enourage it under any circumstances, as it is one vicious cycle, I've woken up with bloody welts and bed sheets and hated myself more, if you are suicidal, you do need help and cutting isn't the answer. But I also wanted to point out it isn't as simple as you've stated.
I've been known to wake up with bed sheets from time to time!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Yeah. He saw. But I told him it was all done in the heat of the moment...and so we've just let it rest...I think? We're back to normal, I guess...well all seems well **shrugs** I'm terrible at reading people's feelings. We're just friends. Although he made a weird comment the other day that I was the "kind of person you only read about in books"...
ok fair enough...u guys are still young - you have the rest of ur lives ahead of you to commit yourself to a serious relationship :)

HSC
grk_styl said:
ok fair enough...u guys are still young - you have the rest of ur lives ahead of you to commit yourself to a serious relationship :)
Hmmm, I hope there's nothing stewing in his mind at the moment along the lines of, "freak whom I'll just be nice to because the guilt of her suicide might end up on me"

Last edited:

thomas_hb

HSC
stella8h8chang said:
...and multiply it by itself a thousand times. And this is even worse...

Last night (or should I say, this morning) I had a major meltdown. A lot of things triggered it...the short list goes...
My grandfather died...in addition to this (or as a result?) I had to fly back to Malaysia immediately to spend 2 rotten weeks in a rottener house with the rottenest people - missing out on the endofterm festivities, my brother got food poisoning and we had to look after him, I didn't get prefect, I screwed up Ext Eng big time (78) and so my average this year has gone kaput, my fishtank is leaking, one of the ponds looks empty (our garden's birds have a lot to answer to), I'm not allowed to play the piano, mum fully hates my singing...just when I thought I'd "discovered" that I could sing when Mrs T gave me a vocal solo...everytime I open my mouth she tells me to shut up, I'm grounded for the rest of the holidays, my violin is locked in at school, my parametrics were disintegrating because I'd missed the whole last week of school, my brother just got a new $465 violin case just by asking and is on his way to getting some Obligato strings which cost upwards of a hundred bucks a set when I can't get the bow upgrade even when my teacher said I need one because my bow is "el cheapo" and I'm the more advanced player even if I have poorer technique because the parents took away my lessons...and to add to that, I rang all my friends when I came back from Malaysia, and nobody picked up their phones, and when I left messages for them only one person rang back. It was as if when they saw me on caller ID they decided not to answer. And I genuinely needed help, because I've missed so much school, and my brains have rotted.

Anyhow. So I basically collapsed emotionally last night and made up my mind to go get a kitchen knife and slit my wrists.

Apart from the sad death of your grandfather, the rest is just a whinge. Everyone experiences these MINOR difficulties, indeed some have endured worse.
Suicide has affected me twice already in my life and I've realised that despite the troubles experienced by these two people, it is cowardice. It is selfish. It is the worst thing you can do to your friends or family. However at least these two people had substantial issues. I would be dead 7 times over if i suicided every time something terrible happened in my life, let alone when is my fishtank leaked (or in my case, computer overheated).

I agree that you need to mature. The HSC is an absolute farce of stupidity when compared with the rest of your life. Why people allow themselves to be held ransom by BOS, teachers and their parents is beyond me. Your average is unimportant. If you genuinely believe it is then you are irreparably bent in the mind.

My only recomendation to you is that you spend some time working for charity so that you realise that your shallow problems are inconsequential compared to those of others, and that your worth as a person is far greater than your ability to play a musical instrument or a leaky fish tank.

To whinge like this is to devalue the terrible lives that others lead.

thomas_hb

HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Actually I'm an accelerant...and so in less than a month I have a subject to sit for my HSC. Which is another reason I'm stressed - my mother told me because it's a "stupid" subject (SDD) she expects a lot. As in, top 10 or else. Prefectdom...it's just that I really wanted it for my CV, because I thought I'm a pretty OK leader, I've been monitress and Classics Captain, and well...I've been playing a goody-goody role free from detentions or uniform reports all my secondary school life leading up to this...and because my mother was a prefect and her sister was head girl she expected me to do it too. And now all she says is stuff along the lines of, "look at the state of your room! no wonder you can't be a prefect!" and it hurts.
There are far more important things in life than your parents expectations...more still than the HSC. When you leave the mollycoddled and shallow existence that you lead at home you'll realise that everything you've been whinging about is offensive to those people out here who have real problems, or friends/family with real problems.

My cure for your aforementioned problems : INDIFFERENCE!

If you end up being disowned by your parents but do something with your life that you love, then youre miles in front already.

PS: No-one takes prefects seriously except the public service because they dig that whole thoughtless following of stupid rules and arse-kissing that prefects are so good at. So unless you aspire to work at Australia Post, you're better off without a prefect badge. You'll be judged on your merits as a leader and suitability for a job...not because of the hours you put in under the principals desk earning a badge.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
stella: i was sorry to read about your grandad *hugs* and you must have loved him a lot. from what you wrote it seems as though your feelings about that made all the little things (which will never ever matter in the long term) seem that much bigger, and they all piled on top of each other and stressed you out. it happens to a lot of people, but suicide is really not the way out. try to put it in perspective. when you move out of home and have your own life, the fact that your fishtank leaked in yr 11 will matter for nothing. all that stuff seems big now because you're stressed and that can really distort your perception sometimes...but just remember it's not worth taking your own life. The guy whom you emailed with declarations of love will be decent about it if he's any kind of friend and he will support you if you tell him whats wrong. at least i hope so for your sake. also, even though school must be an obvious pressure on you, try not to freak out too much - you're not an accelerated student for nothing. no offence but your mother sounds like a bit of a demon with the expectations thing - if it's your goals you're aiming for, go for it, but if it's your mother's goals you feel you have to achieve, fuck it. do your best and be happy.

klh

HSC
teh book thing....errr that dude in Looking for Alibrandi ?

umm..ive just read the first post and wow...btu generally do you think its worth it? a violin? a crush? no singing? THese are of personal importance to you but in the whole you will not die without them, and of course your family will miss you alot as well as despair with what else has happened recently in your family. i mean i can understand how you feel, from time to time the thought comes but when it makes sense that tis not important and there will be more opportunities to come...ive always liek the phrase aobut someone closing a door but always leaves the window open.

edit: you seem very articulate..i am sure you will get better opportunities. best wishes...

Last edited:
HSC
I think the saddest thing about my life is that I need to come to internet forums to find help with dealing with my demons...apart from that I'm sweet... **sigh**

Anyhow, I'm off to distract myself with some...maths...? And I found this lovely LOTR quote which I tweaked...sorry it's arrogant to put so much significance on my story, but it is a story, and I'm going to write it into my novel when I get the time...anyhow...

"It's like in the great stories…the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think,…I do understand. I know now.

Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something…
" Faith. Hope. Love! **hugs everyone** Hope I got the quote right. If I didn't, please don't kill me!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
I think the saddest thing about my life is that I need to come to internet forums to find help with dealing with my demons...apart from that I'm sweet... **sigh**
I don't think that is sad, it can be hard to talk to people you know because you wonder how it effects their view of you and interaction with you. Keep coming here if you need help.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
You are going to slit your wrists over that :rolleyes:

far out how weak are some people...

Like all 4 of my grandparents died close together I wad sad but I was not emotionally drained and ready to kill my self over it,

I did really shit in a few subjects this year scored like 30% in biology and was told I was going to do shit in the hsc,

I was fined like $600 for some one elses wrong doing and this was added to my record,

I had many problems with gals...

My parents are alwasy on my case and I alwasy seem to get into shit with people at school

and to top it off I have a sister who is a 98% + student and I suck at school and my parents keep telling me this...that im shit

all this shi happens and do I act like a little kid and say I am going to kill my self........No I move on and try think positively...

I think about kids in 3rd world countries and think of their problems and then relate these to mine and I think I am doing ok...people liek you who wine over things like you are need to get a reality check and think that a lot of peopel go through worse shit in the world..

Also i dont mean any hate you just need 2 move on...and sorry to hear about your grandma...

7th Sign

HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
7th Sign have you considered the fact that you just may be emo?

2003 called the wan't their term back... :rolleyes:

get a new call man that one is soo over done I aint no emo knt...

7th Sign

HSC
What are you on about? Some ones been on the drugs tonight :rolleyes: Obviously mummy didnt give you the right dosage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)