thinking of picking up engineering (1 Viewer)

Totalimmortal

HSC
N/A
Hi guys. I'm a first year business student at UTS. I'm really enjoying my course but the whole "the point is to maximise shareholder wealth" is kind of getting annoying. Looking through the handbook, the civil & environmental engineering course looks quite interasting. I think in the long term, I may have a more instrincially rewarding career if I combine my business studies with engineering.

To be honest, I've never really thought about doing engineering before so I've got no idea what kind of rep UTS has. So basically, I want to know if the course is any good. How does it compare with other unis? What kind of rep does it have in the industry? Is UNSW really that much better that I should try to transfer to it? (mind you, I could have done commerce at UNSW but it seemed overly theoretical compared to the UTS degree. Is it the same for engineering? The work experience & practical nature for engineering at UTS seems more valuable but I honestly don't know).

Also, what kind of careers could I be looking at with this sort of combination? Who are the major employers etc?

Thanks heaps!

Totalimmortal

HSC
N/A
If I apply to UAC, do I lose my place in my current course? I don't want to lose my place because I'm still not 100% sure if I want to pick up the engineering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)