This is why I don't wear sandals to uni (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Crappy webcam quality shots of my foot:

Yeah. Ouchie. My skin's been rubbed raw.

It seems that every pair of shoes I buy, no matter how pricey, give me blisters after walking in them for a while (these particular offenders were from Big W, so I'm not wholly surprised they murdered my feet). I must have sensitive feet or summat, I don't know. So on hot days, I have the option of my feet sweating in runners, or having the straps on my sandals rub my skin raw. Thongs hurt my feet after a while as well so I don't wear them to uni.

What brands are good for nice but COMFORTABLE walking shoes?

Last edited:

kaylz

HSC
birkenstocks. most comfortable sandals. and the new designs and colours aren't even that dykey. omg breaking sol socks! check the ad in the first post!!1!1!!!!!!omg

HSC
havaianas seriously don't give you those. that usually happens to me with every other kind of thong when i walk decent distances, but i can walk forever in those babies

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yeah, Havaianas are the most comfortable thongs but still my feet start to ache when I'm walking around in them all day.

omg. I sound like such a pussy. But seriously, I have constant problems with my feet. But I can't get around in sneakers all the time.

Last edited:

Always

HSC
What about a pair of flats? Soft ballet flats are probably as comfy as shoes get, and they don't get too hot either because you're not wearing socks.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
havaianas seriously don't give you those.
I swear this havaianas thing is just a good marketing ploy, as far as I can see by looking at them they're just your basic sandle.

But I could just be trying too hard.

edit: turns out it's sanDAL.

Last edited:

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Gallaz have sandals where there is no strap at the back.
ive had a pair for a fair few months now, and i havent yet once gotten blisters from them.
i think they are about $50-60, but they are well worth it.
i got shiny silver ones, so they be worn dressed up or dressed down.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Always said:
What about a pair of flats? Soft ballet flats are probably as comfy as shoes get, and they don't get too hot either because you're not wearing socks.
Yeah, I love ballet flats too. They're so comfortable and I prefer them over thongs.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
Lundy said:
(these particular offenders were from Big W, so I'm not wholly surprised they murdered my feet).
thats your answer to your ugly blisters!
wear sport sh0es y0! i used to wear thongs to tafe, but thongs are soo bad for your feet (and i walk alot to and from tafe, so i started wearing sport shoes, yeah its hawwwt but oh well im doing my feet a favour)
nike tailwinds in hawt pink. oh yeh! im cool.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
katietheskatie said:
havaianas seriously don't give you those. that usually happens to me with every other kind of thong when i walk decent distances, but i can walk forever in those babies
my hav's gave me blisters a couple of times during summer, though not as much as many of my other sandles.
Always said:
What about a pair of flats? Soft ballet flats are probably as comfy as shoes get
the only thing between me and a pair of ballet flats is that many (most) of them have synthetic lining, which make your feet sweat LOTS, and also lead towards blisters/simply bloody sore soles :(

Lainee

HSC
All shoes hurt my feet first time I wear them. But I slowly wear into them and they get much comfier after a few wears. Even ballet flats hurt the soles and inside bone on my feet so I stretch them out first by wearing them around the house with thick socks on. :) Works every time.

Or just wear them for short durations like a quick walk down to the shops, around the house, in the garden etc. until they stretch to your feet's dimensions. And stay away from anything strappy (including havs...) if your feet are particularly sensitive. :)

I've just learnt that no matter how comfy shoes may look/feel in the store, as soon as I've walked 100m in them they feel like I've ran a marathon in 5" heels.

arrested development
HSC
Lainee said:
All shoes hurt my feet first time I wear them. But I slowly wear into them and they get much comfier after a few wears. Even ballet flats hurt the soles and inside bone on my feet so I stretch them out first by wearing them around the house with thick socks on. :) Works every time.

Or just wear them for short durations like a quick walk down to the shops, around the house, in the garden etc. until they stretch to your feet's dimensions. And stay away from anything strappy (including havs...) if your feet are particularly sensitive. :)

I've just learnt that no matter how comfy shoes may look/feel in the store, as soon as I've walked 100m in them they feel like I've ran a marathon in 5" heels.
Uh huh. :(

My new boots were so comfy in the shop, but then I wore them out for the first time and they gave me bloody huge blisters within about 20 minutes. I had to take my shoes off and walk around the city wearing just my tights. Klassy. :uhhuh:

HSC
i dont own any open shoes full stop, my shoes consist of:
- adidas all stars (2)
- vibe shoes
- prada formal shoes
- school shoes (no use)
- soccer boots

cant stand thongs or sandals, toes are totally gross (unless your at beach or something)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yeah my one problem with the ballet flats would be the possible sweatage and stinkage.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Casmira said:
i dont own any open shoes full stop, my shoes consist of:
- adidas all stars (2)
- vibe shoes
- prada formal shoes
- school shoes (no use)
- soccer boots

cant stand thongs or sandals, toes are totally gross (unless your at beach or something)
yeah, but you're male! i think it's a girl thing to wear open shoes all the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)