This sheeyat is really pissing me off! Plz HELP (1 Viewer)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Essay question: Conflicting perspectives of significant events, personalities and situations are all manipulated by the way in which the composer represents them

My Themes/Issues: Manipulation and Power

How in the SHI(*#@%_*@$% are you supposed to write an essay about HOW the conflicting perspectives are REPRESENTED while relating them to the themes and issues above?

well...

The issue of Manipulation is represented through how the people of Rome cause riots after Antony's speech, demonstrating the dangers of perspective manipulation though the murder of Cinna the Poet... BUT WHAT DOES THAT have to do with how the perspectives are REPRESENTED to the audience, as we are NOT TALKING ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE!

It makes no sense to me how to link themes/issues to the representation of perspectives... please help

Last edited:

Toranilor

HSC
Erm, you could comment on how the texts represent the idea of manipulation through conflicting perspectives. For instance, was Mark Antony's manipulation of rome a good thing? Is it portrayed as such?

In regards to manipulation in TYFS, I would looks specifically at the conflicting perspective surrounding Naylor's manipulative career. In some aspects he is portrayed as having 'the dream job', whereas at other times he is 'the bottom of the barrell'. Specifically, I'd talk about tone/presentation V fact, which draws an interesting parallel to naylor's own techniques. For example, when he introduces himself, proudly claiming all the deaths he is responsible for. Objectively, this is abhorrent, but naylor's slick presentation allow him to connect with the viewer, and we over-look this fact. What does this say about the idea of manipulation through conflicting perspectives? Are we the audience being manipulated to identify with naylor, or to begin to despise his techniques?

Also, I'd seriously consider looking for a documentary for another supp text. I did Nat Geo's secrets of the freemasons, great examples of conflicting perspectives and composer bias.

bouncing

HSC
Erm, you could comment on how the texts represent the idea of manipulation through conflicting perspectives. For instance, was Mark Antony's manipulation of rome a good thing? Is it portrayed as such?

In regards to manipulation in TYFS, I would looks specifically at the conflicting perspective surrounding Naylor's manipulative career. In some aspects he is portrayed as having 'the dream job', whereas at other times he is 'the bottom of the barrell'. Specifically, I'd talk about tone/presentation V fact, which draws an interesting parallel to naylor's own techniques. For example, when he introduces himself, proudly claiming all the deaths he is responsible for. Objectively, this is abhorrent, but naylor's slick presentation allow him to connect with the viewer, and we over-look this fact. What does this say about the idea of manipulation through conflicting perspectives? Are we the audience being manipulated to identify with naylor, or to begin to despise his techniques?

Also, I'd seriously consider looking for a documentary for another supp text. I did Nat Geo's secrets of the freemasons, great examples of conflicting perspectives and composer bias.
is the freemason thing any good? my teacher told us to take a look at documentaries but i wasnt sure where to even start looking..

any other ideas?

Ishynooshy

HSC
I don't think that you fully understand the essay question. It asks explicitly for you to discuss the conflicting personalities, events or situations in text, not the themes.

One example would be the conflicitng perspectives of Caesar, which is represented through the funeral orations provided by Brutus and Antony. You would then have to go through the text and see what techniques have been used to illustrate this conflicting perspective. Finally, you would end by showing that some of these techniques used in either Brutus' or Antony's speech represent the viewpoint of Shakespeare.

Just as an aside, I would suggest that you (and anyone else that's doing this text) work on this essay a lot. It is a question that has come straight from the module's rubric and so will form the basis of almost all possible essay questions that may come up in the final exam. So, if you can get a band six response to this essay question, you are more than likely going to be able to doctor this reponse in the exam

Good Luck! :)

Kat92

HSC
I don't think that you fully understand the essay question. It asks explicitly for you to discuss the conflicting personalities, events or situations in text, not the themes.

One example would be the conflicitng perspectives of Caesar, which is represented through the funeral orations provided by Brutus and Antony. You would then have to go through the text and see what techniques have been used to illustrate this conflicting perspective. Finally, you would end by showing that some of these techniques used in either Brutus' or Antony's speech represent the viewpoint of Shakespeare.

Just as an aside, I would suggest that you (and anyone else that's doing this text) work on this essay a lot. It is a question that has come straight from the module's rubric and so will form the basis of almost all possible essay questions that may come up in the final exam. So, if you can get a band six response to this essay question, you are more than likely going to be able to doctor this reponse in the exam

Good Luck! :)
+1. You could also refer to the animal imagery and various levels of connotations used as well.

Ishynooshy

HSC
You could also refer to the animal imagery and various levels of connotations used as well.
I think there is animal imagery in almost all the conflicting perspective of events, personality or situation in Julius Caesar.

Hint: There is a reason for this.

Kat92

HSC
I think there is animal imagery in almost all the conflicting perspective of events, personality or situation in Julius Caesar.

Hint: There is a reason for this.

In my opinion, I think so as well. :) Let's just leave them to figure that out once they have fully read JC and have gone back and analysed it. ;)

bouncing

HSC
hi ive noticed the animal imagery:p what is the reason please tell us!
my teacher hasnt touched on it yet seeing as we havent even finished the play yet we are doing an assessmetn task on it this week

Ishynooshy

HSC
hi ive noticed the animal imagery:p what is the reason please tell us!
I think I speak on behalf of the majority of people that have some knowledge on any topic that may come up in this forum: We are not robots that regurgitate information for you to use in your assessments. We are more than willing to help if you have genuinley put in some effort and shown this through discussing the topic in depth. Appealing to our emotions is not only low, it really reflects badly at your lack of motivation to do things independently.

There are more than enough hints in this thread and many others, on what you have to do and what some of the techniques used may imply. All you have to do is actually read the text (not skimming it just to get through it) and do some wider reading on the context in which the text was written (there, another hint), which in not likely going to take any more than two hours. Think about that you have read and you are going to have a better understanding of the text and better ideas which can be used to answer essay questions for this module.

A few hours of your time for a better understanding and potentially better marks or getting someone to give you answers on a public forum, which are likely to be copied by hundreds of kids which in turn lowers your marks when the markers get bored of reading the same thing again and again. That has to be a very simple decision.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
I think I speak on behalf of the majority of people that have some knowledge on any topic that may come up in this forum: We are not robots that regurgitate information for you to use in your assessments. We are more than willing to help if you have genuinley put in some effort and shown this through discussing the topic in depth. Appealing to our emotions is not only low, it really reflects badly at your lack of motivation to do things independently.

There are more than enough hints in this thread and many others, on what you have to do and what some of the techniques used may imply. All you have to do is actually read the text (not skimming it just to get through it) and do some wider reading on the context in which the text was written (there, another hint), which in not likely going to take any more than two hours. Think about that you have read and you are going to have a better understanding of the text and better ideas which can be used to answer essay questions for this module.

A few hours of your time for a better understanding and potentially better marks or getting someone to give you answers on a public forum, which are likely to be copied by hundreds of kids which in turn lowers your marks when the markers get bored of reading the same thing again and again. That has to be a very simple decision.
Not everyone has the time to "re-read" the freakin Julius Caesar book! I've got an assessment tomorrow, along with another one for another subject on the next day. PLEASE share this with me as I no longer have the time. It's easy for you to make a judgement since you finished your HSC, but seriously, if you know something share it for the sake of others HSC's.

bouncing

HSC

Gosh it probably took you longer to type up that entire message then to have just told us. But all the same, like Chromatic said - some of us simply dont have the amount of time left, and. easy for you to say.

Toranilor

HSC
Gosh it probably took you longer to type up that entire message then to have just told us. But all the same, like Chromatic said - some of us simply dont have the amount of time left, and. easy for you to say.
What I think Ish is saying is that BOS, and more importantly, the users on BOS, are not a last minute supplement to actual study. Rather than blatantly asking for ideas, come forward with a few of your own, and they can be discussed, analysed and improved, and the friendly BOS community could lead you to new ideas.

If you're asking about specifics, I can't help you, I've never read Julius Caesar. Just remember this is Shakespeare you're reading, almost everything placed in his works has a meaning. Look for it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not everyone has the time to "re-read" the freakin Julius Caesar book! I've got an assessment tomorrow, along with another one for another subject on the next day. PLEASE share this with me as I no longer have the time. It's easy for you to make a judgement since you finished your HSC, but seriously, if you know something share it for the sake of others HSC's.
Bored of Studies is here to supplement your learning, not to do your work for you. If you don't have the time left - whose fault is it? Yours or ours? Just because you've left your assignments/assessments til the last minute, doesn't mean you can succeed in guilt-tripping us.

If you do do well, all the more power to you. If you don't do as well as you would've hoped, then it's a lesson for the Trials and the HSC - never leave preparation til the last minute.

You two need to stop taking out your stress/anger out on us, and start apportioning the blame where it belongs - on you.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Bored of Studies is here to supplement your learning, not to do your work for you. If you don't have the time left - whose fault is it? Yours or ours? Just because you've left your assignments/assessments til the last minute, doesn't mean you can succeed in guilt-tripping us.

If you do do well, all the more power to you. If you don't do as well as you would've hoped, then it's a lesson for the Trials and the HSC - never leave preparation til the last minute.

You two need to stop taking out your stress/anger out on us, and start apportioning the blame where it belongs - on you.
Sorry but you are one stupid moderator!

It IS our fault, but that doesnt mean you CANT HELP US out of your own personal kindness. You're right, you ARENT here to work for us, but if we already screwed over, then why not HELP US? Unless you're a douche, as YOU are being right now, you WOULD help us as you're already satisfied with your 99 ATAR.

Go ahead, ban me, you're just going to prove my point of being an arrogant a-hole! :(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Sorry but you are one stupid moderator!

It IS our fault, but that doesnt mean you CANT HELP US out of your own personal kindness. You're right, you ARENT here to work for us, but if we already screwed over, then why not HELP US? Unless you're a douche, as YOU are being right now, you WOULD help us as you're already satisfied with your 99 ATAR.
So because I'm not doing your work for you, I'm stupid.... :rolleyes:

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
So because I'm not doing your work for you, I'm stupid. :rolleyes:
No you're stupid because you dont see the point of helping others out. You're so stuck up about your 99 ATAR that you refuse to help out others by pretending to act "smart". You're no different to us. You're still a kid, so dont act like an adult because you're a moderator, YOU AREN'T!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't see the point in doing your work for you.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
I don't see the point in doing your work for you.
And i'm not asking you to. BUT if you're kind enough to share as simple as 1 sentence to a paragraph which could GREATLY help this community in their essays, to not do to would make you a *insert swear word here*. Show some kindness. Remember i'm not asking you to do so, only someone to stand up, be kind and help us all out :D

bouncing

HSC
Umm Aerath, have you realised that i'm not forcing kat92 or ishynooshy to tell me anything. If they haven't chosen to answer than thats fine with me - but then why even bother answering with "you should do your own work".

Hypothetically, if i started a conversation with someone and i asked oh could you sort of explain to me what the animal imagery means would you immediately turn around and say "HEY IM NOT DOING YOUR WORK FOR YOU!!!!!" cmon guys seriously?

HINTS AND TIPS on what things we could touch on in our essay is not DOING OUR WORK FOR US incase you didn't know the difference. If i blatently posted "help guysi havent started my essay i want to take a look at your essay please" then go ahead seriously blow off at me (because if someone did that they deserve it - i totally agree), but have i done that? If someone was to ask me to help them AND I ACTUALLY GO AND CLICK ON THAT THREAD why dont i actually take time to reply with something THAT IS ACTUALLY HELPFUL.

JUST MAKING IT CLEAR THAT IN NO WAY ARE WE EVEN TRYING TO GET YOU GUYS TO DO OUR WORK - WE'RE ASKING FOR HINTS TIPS WHATEVER BUT SINCE YOU GUYS DONT WANT TO GIVE IT OUT THEN JUST DONT REPLY TO THE THREAD???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)