This sheeyat is really pissing me off! Plz HELP (1 Viewer)

Toranilor

HSC
Umm Aerath, have you realised that i'm not forcing kat92 or ishynooshy to tell me anything. If they haven't chosen to answer than thats fine with me - but then why even bother answering with "you should do your own work".

Hypothetically, if i started a conversation with someone and i asked oh could you sort of explain to me what the animal imagery means would you immediately turn around and say "HEY IM NOT DOING YOUR WORK FOR YOU!!!!!" cmon guys seriously?

HINTS AND TIPS on what things we could touch on in our essay is not DOING OUR WORK FOR US incase you didn't know the difference. If i blatently posted "help guysi havent started my essay i want to take a look at your essay please" then go ahead seriously blow off at me (because if someone did that they deserve it - i totally agree), but have i done that? If someone was to ask me to help them AND I ACTUALLY GO AND CLICK ON THAT THREAD why dont i actually take time to reply with something THAT IS ACTUALLY HELPFUL.

JUST MAKING IT CLEAR THAT IN NO WAY ARE WE EVEN TRYING TO GET YOU GUYS TO DO OUR WORK - WE'RE ASKING FOR HINTS TIPS WHATEVER BUT SINCE YOU GUYS DONT WANT TO GIVE IT OUT THEN JUST DONT REPLY TO THE THREAD???
While I can understand your argument, I must agree with Aerath, that this thread has progressed from a simple 'how do i structure this essay' to a series of requests for information you could probably acquire on your own.

For instance, the animal imagery issue. As Ish has said, I'm fairly sure that if one simply read the lines surrounding the quotes, possibly thinking about the themes/context of the play, the reason behind their usage should come to you. (Again, this is just speculation, I havent actually read Julius Caesar)

However, I do suppose that you have a perfect right to ask these questions, and others, if they were so inclined, to answer. What I would reccomend in the future doing is starting an ideas discussion thread, where you can contribute and recieve contributions in turn, well before your task deadline.

I strongly encourage you to take a deep breath, step back from your desperation and anger and consider how your requests appear to us. Aerath's comments are perfectly valid, that you do not seem to be using BOS to supplement your own knowledge (i.e., "I was thinking about using this theme/quote for my essay, what do you guys think/any other ideas" ), and are instead asking for knowledge outright ;
hi ive noticed the animal imagery:p what is the reason please tell us!
Oh, and good luck in your task, if it isn't allready over.

bouncing

HSC
While I can understand your argument, I must agree with Aerath, that this thread has progressed from a simple 'how do i structure this essay' to a series of requests for information you could probably acquire on your own.

For instance, the animal imagery issue. As Ish has said, I'm fairly sure that if one simply read the lines surrounding the quotes, possibly thinking about the themes/context of the play, the reason behind their usage should come to you. (Again, this is just speculation, I havent actually read Julius Caesar)

However, I do suppose that you have a perfect right to ask these questions, and others, if they were so inclined, to answer. What I would reccomend in the future doing is starting an ideas discussion thread, where you can contribute and recieve contributions in turn, well before your task deadline.

I strongly encourage you to take a deep breath, step back from your desperation and anger and consider how your requests appear to us. Aerath's comments are perfectly valid, that you do not seem to be using BOS to supplement your own knowledge (i.e., "I was thinking about using this theme/quote for my essay, what do you guys think/any other ideas" ), and are instead asking for knowledge outright ;

Oh, and good luck in your task, if it isn't allready over.
Thanks, it's not due yet so I've still got a while.

FreeWorld

HSC
English teachers don't know how bad the course is and thinks everyone enjoys it..those sad and eccentric minded fuckheads.

analysing and deconstructing texts, techniques etc WHAT THE FUCK.

bouncing

HSC
English teachers don't know how bad the course is and thinks everyone enjoys it..those sad and eccentric minded fuckheads.

analysing and deconstructing texts, techniques etc WHAT THE FUCK.
er yes :D

i agree, but hey we learn it once they suffer eternally for having to teach that crap over and over and over and over again. (the only texts i've liked so far are bladerunner/frankenstein!)

patceepie

HSC
Chromatic....you should always ASK for help, never to demand it. so GTFO

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Chromatic....you should always ASK for help, never to demand it. so GTFO
I dont demand it, I ask for it... can you not tell? I'm arguing a point that you should help others if you know something, not tell us to "go read the book lol"!

Ishynooshy

HSC
The reason why I have told people to go back and read the book is because no one has demonstrated any understanding of what is expected of them for this essay question. There have been no appropriate quotes to which we may be able to discuss, nor have you any points for BOS users to elaborate upon. Those who have completed this module and I have provided hints throughout this thread, enough in fact to probably write two or three decently sized paragraphs. All it requires is for you to put in a little bit of effort, to think for yourself and you'll have quite a few points to make about the essay question. Of course, if you do feel that what you have in mind is absolute rubbish, post what you are thinking, your thought process about the concept and we are more than willing to help. Asking directly for the answers/dead giveaways helps no one.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
The reason why I have told people to go back and read the book is because no one has demonstrated any understanding of what is expected of them for this essay question. There have been no appropriate quotes to which we may be able to discuss, nor have you any points for BOS users to elaborate upon. Those who have completed this module and I have provided hints throughout this thread, enough in fact to probably write two or three decently sized paragraphs. All it requires is for you to put in a little bit of effort, to think for yourself and you'll have quite a few points to make about the essay question. Of course, if you do feel that what you have in mind is absolute rubbish, post what you are thinking, your thought process about the concept and we are more than willing to help. Asking directly for the answers/dead giveaways helps no one.
First off, thanks for your good luck, it all turned out well for me today :D

Secondly, you're absolutely right, BUT, a question which needs a one-two line response about something which is very hard to identify EVEN BY READING THE BOOK should be answered if you have information on it!

bouncing

HSC
First off, thanks for your good luck, it all turned out well for me today :D

Secondly, you're absolutely right, BUT, a question which needs a one-two line response about something which is very hard to identify EVEN BY READING THE BOOK should be answered if you have information on it!
I sort of agree with this, but to sort of break up the conflict here i'm going to post up my introduction for discussion - if you guys could help me fix it up (no i'm not asking you to write my intro) it would be great.

“At the heart of representation are acts of deliberate selection and emphasis.” Do the texts you have studied demonstrate this in relation to “Conflicting Perspectives”?

Any act of representation will be influenced by the personal agenda of the composer, thus shaping different perspectives on the same facts. The personal agenda of the composer may include varying beliefs, values and socio-historical contextual influences as well as the medium of communication itself. William Shakespeare’s tragedy Julius Caesar and the film Thank You For Smoking (2005) by Jason Reitman, are two forms which evidently show the different perspectives that can arise from the deliberate selection and emphasis on certain aspects of personalities, situations and events. Undeniably it is from these intentional selections that conflicting perspectives both within and around the texts arise.

Toranilor

HSC
I sort of agree with this, but to sort of break up the conflict here i'm going to post up my introduction for discussion - if you guys could help me fix it up (no i'm not asking you to write my intro) it would be great.

“At the heart of representation are acts of deliberate selection and emphasis.” Do the texts you have studied demonstrate this in relation to “Conflicting Perspectives”?

Any act of representation will be influenced by the personal agenda of the composer, thus shaping different perspectives on the same facts. The personal agenda of the composer may include varying beliefs, values and socio-historical contextual influences as well as the medium of communication itself. William Shakespeare’s tragedy Julius Caesar and the film Thank You For Smoking (2005) by Jason Reitman, are two forms which evidently show the different perspectives that can arise from the deliberate selection and emphasis on certain aspects of personalities, situations and events. Undeniably it is from these intentional selections that conflicting perspectives both within and around the texts arise.
Your intro is pretty good IMO, you have a clear thesis, relating to question etc.
I think you need to elaborate more on your texts, rather than just naming them and then spouting english thesis-ey statements. For instance, Julius caesar reflects Shakepeare's [insert content] while Rietman's thank you for smking highlights [more content]

Pretty well written though, good work!

Ishynooshy

HSC
As Toranilor has said, you do need to include a few sentences on what you plan to discuss in this essay. Also,what is the composer's viewpoint on the personality/event/situation and how is this shown through the conflicting perspectives of it? In other words, what techniques have the composers used to show the conflicting perspectives and also their viewpoint.

Other than that, you have a clear and well expressed introduction which is ready for the body :)

Kat92

HSC
Umm Aerath, have you realised that i'm not forcing kat92 or ishynooshy to tell me anything. If they haven't chosen to answer than thats fine with me - but then why even bother answering with "you should do your own work".

Hypothetically, if i started a conversation with someone and i asked oh could you sort of explain to me what the animal imagery means would you immediately turn around and say "HEY IM NOT DOING YOUR WORK FOR YOU!!!!!" cmon guys seriously?

HINTS AND TIPS on what things we could touch on in our essay is not DOING OUR WORK FOR US incase you didn't know the difference. If i blatently posted "help guysi havent started my essay i want to take a look at your essay please" then go ahead seriously blow off at me (because if someone did that they deserve it - i totally agree), but have i done that? If someone was to ask me to help them AND I ACTUALLY GO AND CLICK ON THAT THREAD why dont i actually take time to reply with something THAT IS ACTUALLY HELPFUL.

JUST MAKING IT CLEAR THAT IN NO WAY ARE WE EVEN TRYING TO GET YOU GUYS TO DO OUR WORK - WE'RE ASKING FOR HINTS TIPS WHATEVER BUT SINCE YOU GUYS DONT WANT TO GIVE IT OUT THEN JUST DONT REPLY TO THE THREAD???

It's fine bouncing, I was not offended :). I don't mind providing suggestions to point you guys in the right direction. However, some people have the sole purpose on BOS to be lazy and steal people's ideas and just restate them in exams.

Also, you can check out some of the other threads created that deal with techniques and how to structure module C essays. One post by lychnobity is really quite detailed, if you can find that thread.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

bouncing

HSC

Kat92

HSC

okay well i had my assessment task today and yeah i did fix up my intro a bit to add contet/meaning of composers thanks for the help guys !
Not a problem, you are most welcome. Hope that it all went well for you.

m.jakaran

HSC
I don't think that you fully understand the essay question. It asks explicitly for you to discuss the conflicting personalities, events or situations in text, not the themes.

One example would be the conflicitng perspectives of Caesar, which is represented through the funeral orations provided by Brutus and Antony. You would then have to go through the text and see what techniques have been used to illustrate this conflicting perspective. Finally, you would end by showing that some of these techniques used in either Brutus' or Antony's speech represent the viewpoint of Shakespeare.

Just as an aside, I would suggest that you (and anyone else that's doing this text) work on this essay a lot. It is a question that has come straight from the module's rubric and so will form the basis of almost all possible essay questions that may come up in the final exam. So, if you can get a band six response to this essay question, you are more than likely going to be able to doctor this reponse in the exam

Good Luck! :)
Thanks, that demystified the module for me

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)