• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Thoughts and reflections on your Yr 11 subjects? (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
Glad i did all my subjects, except for ext english -_-... absolutely hated it
=didnt really like chem this yr, compared to yr 10 science...hopefully it gets better next year!

HSC
Uni Grad
Dropping Modern History and might be picking up Japanese Extension. If not, then not picking up anything.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^^You have what subs I almost did, subbing Business studies for Modern. High 5 for same ATAR aim too!

And wow lots of eco and phys droppers-everyone at my school is dropping physics cause the teacher doesn't know which way is up. That's why I'm glad I didn't do it :p And eco, ehhh the HSC course looks better but the Yr 11 course is sooo incredibly dry. So I'm not writing it off just yet.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Complex numbers is making me go "what the fuck is this fuckery?"
This is me. LOL

I'm dropping ext english YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. I've come to realise biology is boring. That's it. Oh yeah and, man I wish I studied harder earlier during the year.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Complex numbers is making me go "what the fuck is this fuckery?" Already, so I doubt i'd survive the harder topics :haha:
Which parts?

Also people handle the topics differently! I'd try and hang on a little longer, you might like the other topics.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Which parts?

Also people handle the topics differently! I'd try and hang on a little longer, you might like the other topics.
I was doing some of the question 6 complex questions, and it killed me. :L

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I was doing some of the question 6 complex questions, and it killed me. :L
A lot of them questions include Polynomials and if you haven't done that then it's obviously going to be hard >.< Plus you have a whole year to get your skills up to scratch!

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
yeah... I don't get that.

they didnt explain how they got that...

Just think of the Argand plane as a regular number plane. The x and y values correspond to the distances along the axis. Pythagoras can be used to see that . Simple Trig can be used to see that and . The point on the Argand plane is denoted by , so by adding the and values we got using our Trig, we get:

goobi

HSC
I'm picking up Math Ext. 2 and also dropping both Physics and Chmeistry for Senior Science...

At my school, everyone's surprised of me doing both Math Ext. 2 and Senior Science. They all assume that I'm good at math, THEREFORE I'm smart at science which is nonsense.

I wonder if anyone ever does Math Ext. 2 and Senior Science simultaneously...

On the other hand, I REALLY regret dropping Studies of Religion(2U) in Term 1 :(

jnney

lemon
HSC
I'm picking up Math Ext. 2 and also dropping both Physics and Chmeistry for Senior Science...

At my school, everyone's surprised of me doing both Math Ext. 2 and Senior Science. They all assume that I'm good at math, THEREFORE I'm smart at science which is nonsense.

I wonder if anyone ever does Math Ext. 2 and Senior Science simultaneously...

On the other hand, I REALLY regret dropping Studies of Religion(2U) in Term 1 :(

Hey that sparks a thought. This has made me consider senior science instead of Biology.

goobi

HSC
Hey that sparks a thought. This has made me consider senior science instead of Biology.
I'm pretty confident to get a high band 6 in Senior Science instead of Physics or Chemistry so yeah :)

In addition, Senior Science is just my back-up subject as I'm doing 12 units in total next year.

tom-spin

HSC
dropping IPT (definitely hate it like nothing else!) and dropping SoR 1U
picking up ext 2 eng and ext 2 math
leaves me with 4u eng, 4u math, legal( currently ranked first) and economics (ranked first)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's so interesting seeing people's subject combinations!

And goobi, never seen a MX2er do Senior Science but your plan is kinda amazing. I'm expecting a Senior Science state rank...go go go!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Our school apparently has a reputation for topping Senior every year.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I'm regretting doing Chemistry, my teacher is absolutely hopeless and the work isn't as interesting as I thought it would be. Should have done more humanities subjects. Really should have done Studies Of Religion II as well; Religion is compulsory at my school and I find the 1 Unit Course is very limited content.

So I'm picking up English Extension 2 and Music Extension, and dropping Chemistry and Maths Extension 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)