Thoughts: CSSA SOR1&2 (1 Viewer)

hholbrook

HSC
Hey, does anyone have their marks back? What was the criteria for the extended response about sacred texts?

hholbrook

HSC
Can I possibly see how you were marked if you got it back?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Can I possibly see how you were marked if you got it back?
I attained a mark of 95. (2nd - 1st exam rank was 97) - I do SOR2 though

So I lost two in the multiple choice - for the following

8) Which of the following was recognized by the High Court of Australia in 1992 in relation to Indigenous claims for Land Rights? I put B (Pastoral leases could co-exist with native Title), when the answer was that Terra Nullius was a legal fiction - I was conflicted about this and another question (I did no study for this topic so I was running purely on memory from literally November last year) and I chose pastoral leases could co-exist with Native Title for THIS and ANOTHER question, so I could get 1/2 instead of 0/2 if I got them both mixed up...

Okay, I got another multiple choice wrong but that was in religion/non-religion so not relevant to sor1

Short answer: 28/30 - I got 4/5 for one Judaism question and 5/6 for the last Islam question (full marks for the rest)

Christianity 19/20 - person/practice/ethics (John Paul II/Baptism/Bioethics)

So basically my main argument was how the sacred text (principally the Bible) has an an ongoing influence on shaping the dynamic and living faith-based tradition of Christianity; it is the foundational reference point for operative Christianity. I stated that Baptism transfigures an individual into the church; it is a trinitarian act of initiation which requires an individual to respond perpetually to their Baptismal call. Again, the sacred texts being the reference point where principle teachings can be contemporaneously applied into an adherents life. I further used John Paul II as a means of exemplifying his response to his baptismal call; where the Bible is of critical importance in formulating his bioethical teachings (so all three practice/person/ethics are intertwined - with essential connection and reliance on sacred texts. So I got 19 and the comment was "very well argued + constructed, well done - excellent links to the question."

Hope that was of any help...

hholbrook

HSC
I answered in relation to beliefs as reaffirmed by Paul (Salvation, revelation, Trinity), then related this to expression of belief in Sat/Sun worship (worship is important in today's society) and then wrote about how this related to environmental ethics (creation was made anew in Christ, God revealed earth and humankind's role as stewards). Also integrated many quotes and modern egs of enviro responses based on teachings, such as PJP II and NCCA Sustaining Creation. Will be happy with 14-17 for that. Could you perhaps message me your essay so I can get a rough feel for what I'll get?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I answered in relation to beliefs as reaffirmed by Paul (Salvation, revelation, Trinity), then related this to expression of belief in Sat/Sun worship (worship is important in today's society) and then wrote about how this related to environmental ethics (creation was made anew in Christ, God revealed earth and humankind's role as stewards). Also integrated many quotes and modern egs of enviro responses based on teachings, such as PJP II and NCCA Sustaining Creation. Will be happy with 14-17 for that. Could you perhaps message me your essay so I can get a rough feel for what I'll get?
Sounds good. TBH I haven't typed it up, it's only in booklets (I wrote it on the day, not memorized lol) but I will later and send it to you. I expected around 18-19 for that essay, but when I got it back, I realised I wrote better and more than I thought I did so yeah. I got 20 for religion and peace though so I was stoked haha.

hholbrook

HSC
My structure was very poor though. In hindsight I should've had 3 paragraphs per belief (totalling 9 body paras) rather than 3 massive ones. Wrote about 5 pages without a conclusion, highest mark in combined Year 11 and 12 cohort is 45/50 so far.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, thanks. You seem like a bit of an SOR expert.
I guess I genuinely enjoy the subject but I don't put that much effort into it. I only found out what was in the exam literally 48 hours before (ibibah can attest to this) and did a 16 hour cram for SOR after legal. :haha:

I like it because you have so much freedom with your argument and your answer, and you can be philosophical...

hholbrook

HSC
When you say freedom, would you say that my answer sounds good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)