Thoughts on CSSA Physics 2008 Paper (1 Viewer)

iEdd

HSC
Maybe C?

A - Reliability?
B - Completely wrong
C - Validity, on the principle that correct procedure should result in correct findings, hence valid.
D - Accuracy?

timmiitippii

HSC
got marks back today... gotta be a new record for my teacher, (still owe us 40% worth of assessment marks, so funny enough provides a greater swing to rankings than the trials xD)

umm got highest with 89% but i think its subject to change since he did warn us that after reading so much crap he got annoyed and probably didn't mark some of our big questions properly, so he said to talk to him when we get to it...

but yeh, have to say that exam had the hardest multiple choice questions...:burn:
got 10/15 for mc... i think it was 9 10 and 11 that was stupid? something about the umm disadvantage of eddy currents for braking, and the ones around it...

the short answer section overall i have to say is pretty good, onli lost 3 marks from there, with 1 from the eintein thought experiment, 1 from the westinghouse *possible mark* and another from the other 4 mark question...

so far don't know wat i got wrong with med phys since havnt got it back but he told me possible to find a mark in there sumwhere, got 22/25

hope u guys did well ><

Last edited:

henry08

HSC
N/A
I don't think its A as it is asking for validity, not reliability. Its defiantly not B. Looks like either C or D to me, and I'd probably choose C as it seems more correct.

Last edited:

timmiitippii

HSC
oh the answer is D -____-
teacher said coz it includes nearly all the above all sumthing.. but yeah the word accuracy threw me off too. i chose C but he said the word "all" in D is reason why its more correct... well according to the marking criteria

benji6667

HSC
just got my results back, scored 84/100

i was SOOOOO happy with my medical physics mark (23/25), our teacher hardly taught it in class, but i managed to write 2 pages for MRI :)

i stuffed up the multiple choice (of all things)... too many silly mistakes

oh whats the deal with question 9... all the multiple choices are advantages imo

iEdd

HSC
Quantisation was something that Planck did after Hertz, so I'd say B. It's definitely not C, his experiments would've had to incorporate A, IMO and D - well superposition was probably what resulted in various radio waves he did.

Edit: Nice mark benji. I know it varies from year to year, but for the actual HSC exam, would a raw mark of approximately 84-85 get aligned to a band 6?.

karnage

HSC
I got 79 :)

And yes the answer to the above Q was quantisation.

dang

Premium Member
HSC
Got 82% 12/15 for mc, 21/25 for option medical physics and 49/60 for core. Highest in my class was 88%. Hopefully i do better in hsc.

Last edited:

timmiitippii

HSC
K according to marking criteria to receive 4/4 for the cathode rays debate, u hav to also mention the J.J. Thompson experiment that confirmed that cathode rays were particles with charge and mass.

But i don't agree since the way the question was asked, they wanted u to explain why there were debates due to the various characteristics the cathode rays possess.

So what do u guys think?:hammer:

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
timmiitippii said:
K according to marking criteria to receive 4/4 for the cathode rays debate, u hav to also mention the J.J. Thompson experiment that confirmed that cathode rays were particles with charge and mass.

But i don't agree since the way the question was asked, they wanted u to explain why there were debates due to the various characteristics the cathode rays possess.

So what do u guys think?:hammer:
EXACTLY wat i was thinking

Last edited:

timmiitippii

HSC
well i'm pretty sure our teacher will budge... since half of us are attacking him xD
but yeh u can't deny the fact that the people who write the questions and the answers are not infallible. So yeh.. now up to teacher to see reason and reward us with what we deserve.

OHH and when he told us what we needed it was ridiculous too. 2 marks for two properties that are wave-like, 1 mark for two properties that are particle-like and 1 for J.J. Thompson...
strange much ??? it would make more sense if its equal 2 marks per waves and particle justifications....

but yeh desperately need this 1 mark to join u on 90 xD

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
timmiitippii said:
well i'm pretty sure our teacher will budge... since half of us are attacking him xD
but yeh u can't deny the fact that the people who write the questions and the answers are not infallible. So yeh.. now up to teacher to see reason and reward us with what we deserve.

OHH and when he told us what we needed it was ridiculous too. 2 marks for two properties that are wave-like, 1 mark for two properties that are particle-like and 1 for J.J. Thompson...
strange much ??? it would make more sense if its equal 2 marks per waves and particle justifications....

but yeh desperately need this 1 mark to join u on 90 xD
u luky bastards lol:

for us, they interpreted teh amrking criteria as ONE MARK for 2 properties as wave ONE MARK for 2 properties as a particle, ONEMARK for JJ's expt and ONE MARK for the 'assessment' BUT...... we couldnt get a mark for the 'assessing' bit without doing the JJ'S expt bit, so without good old JJ, it was a max of 2/4, even though the question didnt really ask for it - had teh question explicitly asked for JJ's expt, i woulda put it in; stoopid marking criteria!

miche11e

HSC
lol how dumb was that "explain how thought and reality are different" q? i wrote next to it "english was last monday" and my teacher wrote under it "i agree!" lol

i JUST failed by 2 marks... no option Q and our teacher is hopeless + 4u the day before and SDD the morning of, but i still wanted to pass... im gonna be way more ready for HSC

BackCountrySnow

HSC
miche11e said:
lol how dumb was that "explain how thought and reality are different" q? i wrote next to it "english was last monday" and my teacher wrote under it "i agree!" lol
Read over the syllabus. It's not meant to be answered as an english question should.

zainkhn0

HSC
Did my second trial fo Physics today , was an ARC paper and it was daym hard, It wooped Cssa butt it put it to shame.
I think il will barely pass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)