Thoughts on CSSA Trial (1 Viewer)

Azurie

HSC
Hey what does everybody think about the CSSA Trial?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
what is an entity thingy diagram? (the DVD question) i drew a schema :(

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
hollyy. said:
what is an entity thingy diagram? (the DVD question) i drew a schema :(
A schema is an entity relationship diagram.

You just had to draw a few boxes that represent the tables, give them a name, show the field names, and then draw lines to show the relationships (plus show if they're one to many, many to many, or one to one).

IPT is definitely my best subject and I feel like I aced the exam. Over 80% is pretty much guaranteed and I wouldn't be surprised if I got above 90%, although there were just a couple of things that were a bit iffy.

Pity they were mostly scenarios but they were fairly general at least so by throwing in technical language I reckon I sounded pretty smart.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I did it this morning cos i had a clash then locked in the office for an hour before textiles.

Ramboysf5

HSC
wasn't too bad, knew what i was writing and studying some hsc palm cards helped :D hopefully 70% except i blew some marks by not knowing the entity diagram and just had a brain fart regarding other questions.

hopefully i do good :D

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
DaveYoung said:
A schema is an entity relationship diagram.

You just had to draw a few boxes that represent the tables, give them a name, show the field names, and then draw lines to show the relationships (plus show if they're one to many, many to many, or one to one).

IPT is definitely my best subject and I feel like I aced the exam. Over 80% is pretty much guaranteed and I wouldn't be surprised if I got above 90%, although there were just a couple of things that were a bit iffy.

Pity they were mostly scenarios but they were fairly general at least so by throwing in technical language I reckon I sounded pretty smart.
heck yes i did it right. fluke much.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Ramboysf5 said:
wasn't too bad, knew what i was writing and studying some hsc palm cards helped :D hopefully 70% except i blew some marks by not knowing the entity diagram and just had a brain fart regarding other questions.

hopefully i do good :D
excel ones? theyre the best :D

JosephW

HSC
Thought it was very fair and straight forward. Also hoping above 80

tro22

HSC
thought it was a pretty tough exam...overall didnt really do enought study for it so happy if i get 70%...i also didnt get the entity diagram there goes 5 marks...also what was the answer for the multiple choice that asked which was not a type of network? i put non-liner was i right?

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
tro22 said:
thought it was a pretty tough exam...overall didnt really do enought study for it so happy if i get 70%...i also didnt get the entity diagram there goes 5 marks...also what was the answer for the multiple choice that asked which was not a type of network? i put non-liner was i right?
I don't think that was network - you mean storyboard right?

The answer was non-hierarchical.
Non-linear is a type of a storyboard.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
I thought it was frustratingly repetitive. I think it asked for "Data/Information", "Information Technology", "Participants" etc for like 3+ scenario extended responses. I know these things are bound to turn up in any IPT exam, but as I was doing this trial it just seemed to keep popping up.
other than that fineee.
everything was straightforward and relatively simple.

Advv

HSC
Did anyone have a question about the Wii in Multimedia? I thought I was doing the cssa but it seems like I didn't.

natblank

HSC
i had the Wii question.. but it also seems like everything ele eveyone is talking bout i didnt seem to have unless they are the other option topics.. omg i found the Wii question relatvly hard, cus the technology that was involved was really complex to describe for ur answers. all i can say is a did some major-ass bulshitting for the multimedia section.

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
Quick tip: Get the IPT Excel Study guide. I summarized the topics I do in just a few hours and it really helped add a lot of content to my exam. I have a pretty good understanding of IPT but a few of the technical terms and concepts elude me on occassion. I started studying the night before this, and did a bit a few hours before the exam started and I answered 95% of the exam confidently.

Imagine if I had adequately prepared...

jenchowdhury

HSC
Thought it was pretty good. Definately better than last years - the 2007 CSSA Trial. Alot easier.

Advv

HSC
natblank said:
i had the Wii question.. but it also seems like everything ele eveyone is talking bout i didnt seem to have unless they are the other option topics.. omg i found the Wii question relatvly hard, cus the technology that was involved was really complex to describe for ur answers. all i can say is a did some major-ass bulshitting for the multimedia section.
*Hifive*

I pretty much bullshitted the whole test. Almost nothing I studied was in it. No back up procedures, no DFDs, not even a prototype - project plan question.

I would've got the same mark without studying. Except for that SQL question. Creating the SQL query was nice. Just the other parts were :(

Takuto

HSC
DaveYoung said:
Quick tip: Get the IPT Excel Study guide. I summarized the topics I do in just a few hours and it really helped add a lot of content to my exam. I have a pretty good understanding of IPT but a few of the technical terms and concepts elude me on occassion. I started studying the night before this, and did a bit a few hours before the exam started and I answered 95% of the exam confidently.

Imagine if I had adequately prepared...
good tip. man i want IPT Excel.. i saw it and it looks like it would be sooo easy to remember

my jacaranda waffles too much.

ohh, and would people who have done it care to offer some *hints* on the CSSA! LOL THANKS! =]

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I bought my excel IPT study guide of ebay for like 5 dollars, it was a bargain, good condition too. an my little brother can have it next year.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Advv said:
Did anyone have a question about the Wii in Multimedia? I thought I was doing the cssa but it seems like I didn't.
nupp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)