time between relationships (merged) (1 Viewer)

RhiG

?how long bewteen people?

my friend and i were trying to figure out the "accepted" amount of time to be single for until you get into another relationship..any views?

HSC
Well i think if u have another "boyfriend" before 2 or 3 weeks, i dunt think the new relationship will work...but yah i wuld also like to kno wat others think

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
the accepted amount of time? the amount of time it takes to find someone

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
its all subjective on how long it takes for you to get over someone and be in the mood to meet someone new

u cant define a set period of time because its different for diff ppl

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
at least one trip to the bar for a round of drinks... I'd consider that the minimum.

brad108

HSC
It was stated on "Sex and the City" that you should wait half the amount of time that you were with the person. EG. If you were with a person for a year, it should take you 6 months to get over them.

I think this rule only applies to short term r/ls :p Imagine a couple that had been together for 20 years. Screw waiting 10 years :p

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
what u do is , get a second relationship and then break off the old one, so its a continuation. the same way u go from job to job

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
GlobalOperation said:
as long as it takes to get over the old one. could be 2days or even 2 years...
i agree. i broke up with one guy on a friday, the next wednesday i had a new boyfriend. that was because i was over my ex about 3 weeks before i broke up with him though, so i knew that i was ready for another relationship.
so id say that its as long as it takes for you to get over your ex and until you find someone new and suitable

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Rhi87 said:
my friend and i were trying to figure out the "accepted" amount of time to be single for until you get into another relationship..any views?
78.9 seconds

HSC
brad108 said:
It was stated on "Sex and the City" that you should wait half the amount of time that you were with the person. EG. If you were with a person for a year, it should take you 6 months to get over them.

I think this rule only applies to short term r/ls :p Imagine a couple that had been together for 20 years. Screw waiting 10 years :p
I think "rules" from Sex and the City only apply if you're an idiot :)

In relation to the thread, I guess it just depends on however long you feel comfortable with taking to move on. It'll differ depending on circumstance, your own feelings about it, etc.

Last edited:

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
meh.... I guess its up to the individual, I mean I was with my ex for nearly two years and I've been single for about a yr and 2 months so yeah its up to the individual on when they want to enter a new relationship

For me I'm just happy with being single. :D

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
i think a reasonable time is half the duration of the time u guys went out lyk if u guys went out for 6 months and break up 3 months is plenty of time.. but screw the time.. if you really really think the next guy if totally mr perfect then.. go for it =)

Ghost1788

HSC
Question what do you ppl think of ppl who start another relationship almost as soon as they broke one off.

eg/ one of my friends she dated this guy for 6mths then afta they broke up it was 2 wks b4 she was dating again and soon afta she broke up with the new guy and it kept goin for a few more guys the weird thing is all the guys were friends of the first one.. I asked her why cant she just stay single but she says she needs someone to love...in my opinion it is she who needs to be loved. . .

So yeah what would you think of ppl who keep enter and leave relationships very quickly

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
its all subjective on how long it takes for you to get over someone and be in the mood to meet someone new

u cant define a set period of time because its different for diff ppl
agreed. it's too soon if you are comparing them to the ex..

JRPeck

HSC
N/A
how long till next time...??

As long as it takes to work through the grieving process. Aimstar, share your pain with people you trust. Find healing on the other side of your tears. Write songs during this time and sing your heart out. Love yourself through the process.
:uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)